Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Bronco unveiling fatigue is real!

My concern is what shit show is going to happen next that is going push back the July unveiling between now and then.
-Murder hornets
-Disney annexing the coasts
-Giant meteor

That's the tentative schedule.

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

A little time to do it right? Like you state above... they've had 24 YEARS! Also, I don't remember when it occurred but how many YEARS ago did they announce it was coming back?

Don't get me wrong, I love Ford vehicles.. I will ALWAYS drive a Ford. I will once again own a Bronco... but this dragging out B.S. tends to get on my nerves every now and then!

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
A little time to do it right? Like you state above... they've had 24 YEARS! Also, I don't remember when it occurred but how many YEARS ago did they announce it was coming back?

Don't get me wrong, I love Ford vehicles.. I will ALWAYS drive a Ford. I will once again own a Bronco... but this dragging out B.S. tends to get on my nerves every now and then!
2017 was the official announcement. That’s pretty par for the course for all new vehicle.

but somebody seriously needs to finish this game of Jumanji already.

TigerBronco

First Edition
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F-150 F/X 4, 2019 Honda Odyssey, 2001 Nissan Pathfinder, 1992 BMY M923A2 M
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Bronco unveiling fatigue is real!

My concern is what shit show is going to happen next that is going push back the July unveiling between now and then.
Exactly! Dateline 10 July from Ford: Bronco revealed pushed back to "sometime in September" because...uh, hurricane season, yeah that's it.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Nickp

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
B99B8849-5FF8-406D-AD47-E7F5D78275DC.gif

TigerBronco

First Edition
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F-150 F/X 4, 2019 Honda Odyssey, 2001 Nissan Pathfinder, 1992 BMY M923A2 M
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Your enthusiasm will come back.

I know I complained in the OP but I’m just glad we have a general timeframe so it’s not all speculation. Under promise and over deliver is my mantra and while ford has definitely not done that with the Bronco reveal, I don’t think it’s really their choice.
For as many years as this thing has been hyped, and promised, it better really knock the socks of buyers (and not just us enthusiasts) or Ford will get torn apart. I'm not rooting for that at all, but that is certainly a risk they run.

TorontoGuy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Edge
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The networks covering the protests and riots were never going to be covering a vehicle launch anyway. The audience is the automotive media and enthusiast sites which most certainly would be watching. The Bronco launch was never going to be on the NBC Nightly News. If Ford is waiting for that to happen, we will never see the thing.
BMW, Lexus and many other car makers continue to debut new and very important products yet Ford can't seem to figure out how to do it until everything is perfect??
While I'm frustrated and exasperated with Ford on this, I'm certainly keeping it in perspective and realize, at the end of the day, this a just a car, and not life and death.
That being said, it all just seems poorly managed by Ford and their marketing folks and has, at least for me, significantly dampened my enthusiasm for the product.
I'm sorry but I don't think you fully can blame Ford here. They wanted to do it sooner but were curtailed by a global pandemic. In March and April I was focused on keeping my family safe, wondering if we'd still have jobs come the summer. How I was going to option out my Bronco wasn't on the front of my mind. Now that things seem to be getting back to normal, they can start moving ahead with the reveal.

I know this has taken forever, but like I said earlier, they need this to go perfectly. Revealing a refreshed BMW or Lexus is much different than revealing a whole new "Icon" brand.

Rosco

Big Bend
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, 2019 Ranger, 2017 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I am having a hard time convincing my friends who want 4 door Jeep Wranglers to wait for this thing! At least the delay says they will get it right (hopefully learning from 2020 explorer)

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

it was "only" January 2017...so 3 1/2 years isn't too bad. The rumors of it coming back have been around since 2004, but the market changed so much since then between gas pricing, Economic issues and CUVs taking the market over that it wasn't viable till now.

The Bronco development work didn't start til right around late 2016/2017, so Ford kinda jumped the gun with announcing it.

Also keep in mind that the Bronco Sport was actually being looked at as the "BRONCO" during this time and they decided to go with the BOF/RWD Bronco we are actually getting.

The Bronco Sport came back due to management changes at Ford and the focus on CUV/Trucks/SUVs going forward.

Another thing holding up the Bronco was the cadence with the Ranger...the Ranger we got is just an updated ROW Ranger that was at the end of its development cycle. The Bronco was waiting for the next gen T2 or whatever they are calling it updates that the Ranger will be getting also and will be the first product on it.

With that said, I heard the next gen Ranger is falling back about 12-18 months due to current conditions Ford is dealing with also.

Sponsored

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
As of one minute ago, Ford has not changed their website yet:
Ford Bronco Bronco reveal has officially been delayed until July 72F4A158-AF2F-49B7-8751-3DADE1CD6BD8
it was changed when I looked initially. So I bet the website is just refreshing. Clear your cookies.

Ford Bronco Bronco reveal has officially been delayed until July ABDA4F6D-DB89-4DBE-AC89-673172C31DFC

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

So I saw this on another DG I'm on....has anyone considered that this whole thing might just be Fucked for Ford, due to to no fault of their own?

Honestly at this point the reveal is a bust, show it and move on, it’s going to sell regardless. Grand theater is not going to resonate well at this time, plus they over hyped it way too much. Last time Ford did this we ended up with Edsel and we all know how that hype turned out; let the internet do its thing, worst case now it is going to be meet with blow back as a redneck racist vehicle. Ford MUST have a very diverse group speaking at the reveal if they are doing a large event.

Don’t get me wrong it is a great vehicle but the timing is very bad. The full size Bronco photos should have been released a month ago with some bits of information, followed by Bronco sport photos this month and some information, done a media preview of both in August. There’s going to be confusion from the car buying public with the different sizes already. There way to much potential for downside than upside with how they are managing it.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.