Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Your enthusiasm will come back. ...
No, it won't, and Ford knows it. It's just a function of human psychology that once that first cycle is gone it can't be replicated. That's why they can just tack on more and more delays at this point and it won't matter.

More important at this point is the fact that competition now has more time to get their products ship shape ahead of the Bronco. The 2021 Wrangler details will now probably be out before the first trickle of info on Bronco. They could, for example, announce a new turbo /V8 / Hellcat / hybrid etc. and steal a lot of the thunder that could have gone to Bronco.
Sponsored

connor'sdad

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-250 Lariat, 1995 EB bronco and 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Damn, Damn, Damn. I'm ready to see this thing!

BroncoMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'71 Bronco, '02 Excursion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
More important at this point is the fact that competition now has more time to get their products ship shape ahead of the Bronco. The 2021 Wrangler details will now probably be out before the first trickle of info on Bronco. They could, for example, announce a new turbo /V8 / Hellcat / hybrid etc. and steal a lot of the thunder that could have gone to Bronco.
I think FCA and everyone else is facing the same delays as Ford in that respect. On the other hand, I feel like July is too far. While it isn't the best idea to reveal in the middle of a cycle of bad news, people would probably cherish some good news. Unfortunately, there is no "right" answer.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

This looks like July daily events calendar. At least nothing bad is going to happen on the weekends.
It doesn’t include Yellowstone Super Volcano Eruption and War with China or North Korea or Iran, so I am calling the bingo pad defective

Sponsored

BroncoHooves

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I just registered after lurking for a few months. Been waiting for the Bronco since the concept :)

I have a feeling they will drag this out til the end of July, so nearly 8 weeks lost. When most companies state: reveal on insert season here they have a habit of waiting until the very last day of said season.

Dirt

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F250
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
No, it won't, and Ford knows it. It's just a function of human psychology that once that first cycle is gone it can't be replicated. That's why they can just tack on more and more delays at this point and it won't matter.

Lmao

eBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Mr. C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mariner, 2016 CMAX, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
July isn't spring.

Do they think delaying the reveal is helping? Maybe, but I am not a marketeer. If the reveal sooner, I think it would generate more buzz rather than waiting.

OP
OP
Nickp

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
July isn't spring.

Do they think delaying the reveal is helping? Maybe, but I am not a marketeer. If the reveal sooner, I think it would generate more buzz rather than waiting.
I’m gonna keep it real. There’s 2 pieces of marketing that REALLY matter for the Bronco:

1. A possible super bowl ad.

2. Seeing them driving around.

That’s it. All the enthusiasts are literally drooling over every small thing. Shit we have a 10 page thread about the Bronco’s rear wheel not spinning for 3 seconds in a video. Ford realized they can do whatever they want.

Sponsored

BONESTOCK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning, Mach 1, Falcon
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
So July 4th weekend it is! America - Bronco - Apple Pie and some fireworks for good measure. My guess to the delay is that it wasn't decided until recently to do a virtual reveal. I'm sure they really wanted and in-person event and looked into social distancing guidelines as well as how many journalists they thought would actually show up. They probably finally figured it's just too much of an unknown and to do a virtual event. Because of the late decision on a virtual event, they need some additional time to actually figure out how they want to do it and do the proper video work to get it to where they want. If it isn't July 4th weekend, they got delayed by final sign off.
They should call it a riot instead of an event. Apparently Covid doesn't attack rioters.

Paint

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
What competition? Jeep? Nothing is going to change with Jeep. New color. New engine that'll push the price of one to $86,000. Maybe LED on lower trims. Woo.

Nobody is going to steal Bronco's thunder.

Superds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I’m gonna keep it real. There’s 2 pieces of marketing that REALLY matter for the Bronco:

1. A possible super bowl ad.

2. Seeing them driving around.

That’s it. All the enthusiasts are literally drooling over every small thing. Shit we have a 10 page thread about the Bronco’s rear wheel not spinning for 3 seconds in a video. Ford realized they can do whatever they want.
Might as well start talking about pizza. Better results than oogling what could have been a stuck brake caliper. Pizza convo would help to show our poker face.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.