redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Well I'm not reading 16 pages of this before I respond, so if someone mentioned this sorry, I know Ford watches here so here goes ………………..

Think of this scenario Ultr4 Racing, organizers of the King of the Hammers race, which the Ford Bronco was the sponsor of, All I heard was " here comes joe racer through the Bronco arch. " the whole KOH race weekend. Ultra4 will resume the points racing on July 23, in TN. Ultra4 will hold a non points event but open to all competitors, in Crandon WI, during the weekend of June 18 -21. So why in blue blazes would you hold a virtual reveal, a month after, you could hold a reveal, in a real world scenario, at an event that you have already sponsored a race for earlier in the same year, Not to mention showing off the Bronco in IT"S environment. REAL TIME REAL WORLD !!!!!!!! Loren Healy will be there running his 4400 Bronco I'm sure, He helped you develop it, ask him to get behind the wheel with a camera man and POOF !!! What an awesome reveal you would have. You would have all the Jeep guys lowering their heads and slumbering away knowing there is a NEW DOG ON THE PORCH !!!
Ultra4 will have live coverage on their utube channel. Ford could still make a reveal that they can play using footage shot from the live event.

sorry for the rant but I just don't get it why not show it off in the environment that it was made for ESPECIALLY when there is already an event scheduled that you have already been a part of earlier in the year.

Virtual reveal HAHA should have done that a month ago !!!!!!!!

edit: sorry my dumb:censored: had the months backwards.:LOL:
Sponsored

Last edited:

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Well I'm not reading 16 pages of this before I respond, so if someone mentioned this sorry, I know Ford watches here so here goes ………………..

Think of this scenario Ultr4 Racing, organizers of the King of the Hammers race, which the Ford Bronco was the sponsor of, All I heard was " here comes joe racer through the Bronco arch. " the whole KOH race weekend. Ultra4 will resume the points racing on July 23, in TN. Ultra4 will hold a non points event but open to all competitors, in Crandon WI, during the weekend of July 18 -21. So why in blue blazes would you hold a virtual reveal, a month after, you could hold a reveal, in a real world scenario, at an event that you have already sponsored a race for earlier in the same year, Not to mention showing off the Bronco in IT"S environment. REAL TIME REAL WORLD !!!!!!!! Loren Healy will be there running his 4400 Bronco I'm sure, He helped you develop it, ask him to get behind the wheel with a camera man and POOF !!! What an awesome reveal you would have. You would have all the Jeep guys lowering their heads and slumbering away knowing there is a NEW DOG ON THE PORCH !!!
Ultra4 will have live coverage on their utube channel. Ford could still make a reveal that they can play using footage shot from the live event.

sorry for the rant but I just don't get it why not show it off in the environment that it was made for ESPECIALLY when there is already an event scheduled that you have already been a part of earlier in the year.

Virtual reveal HAHA should have done that a month ago !!!!!!!!
With the virus, this would probably be bad for Ford's image. There are plenty of ways they could reveal it, but chose online which will appear more responsible.

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
55E8EB72-B477-49C0-A188-A767B10963D2.jpeg

I mean a base model Escape with AWD and nothing else is $30k. I’d expect Bronco sport to top that by $2k at a minimum, and then obviously a BroncoBronco will be a few thousand more than that to start. Y’all can do the math, anyone expecting a sub-$35k Bronco I’ve got news... not happening.

The base SE Escape has a lot of features that I’m sure will come on a Bronco. Sync 3 is standard, I’m sure Sync 4 will be standard on Bronco. So is heated front seats and proximity entry (which is not standard on a wrangler btw) and other things of course.
bronco sport should start at $28 then CHEAPER! It’s smaller.And has the same power train. Why pay more?

Same deal with the CX30 Mazda. Same platform and motor as CX3 but smaller. And cheaper.

kia Seltos awd $22k
Jeep Compass awd 24k
Mazda CX30 awd 23k
Chevy Trailblazer awd $26

if the bronco sport doesn’t START at close to $25k they will loose a MASSIVE market.

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

With the virus, this would probably be bad for Ford's image. There are plenty of ways they could reveal it, but chose online which will appear more responsible.

so here again why not a month ago when EVERYONE was home and could watch, now everyone is out and not watching the net ???

Superds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
55E8EB72-B477-49C0-A188-A767B10963D2.jpeg

I mean a base model Escape with AWD and nothing else is $30k. I’d expect Bronco sport to top that by $2k at a minimum, and then obviously a BroncoBronco will be a few thousand more than that to start. Y’all can do the math, anyone expecting a sub-$35k Bronco I’ve got news... not happening.

The base SE Escape has a lot of features that I’m sure will come on a Bronco. Sync 3 is standard, I’m sure Sync 4 will be standard on Bronco. So is heated front seats and proximity entry (which is not standard on a wrangler btw) and other things of course.
It gets tiring typing out Bronco Sport. And you can’t just say Bronco, you know, because that’s an entirely different vehicle. And Sport doesn’t work, that could mean Wrangler Sport, Range Rover Sport, etc. So we need to establish new term for it. How about Escape Bronco? Nope, same length issue. Bronco, Soccer Mom Edition? Nope, even longer. Ok, so let’s look at the initials for Bronco Sport: BS. That’s it, I shall refer to it as BS going forward.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Nickp

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
bronco sport should start at $28 then CHEAPER! It’s smaller.And has the same power train. Why pay more?

Same deal with the CX30 Mazda. Same platform and motor as CX3 but smaller. And cheaper.

kia Seltos awd $22k
Jeep Compass awd 24k
Mazda CX30 awd 23k
Chevy Trailblazer awd $26

if the bronco sport doesn’t START at close to $25k they will loose a MASSIVE market.
You just listed a bunch of vehicles that are worse than Bronco Sport in basically every way.

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
You just listed a bunch of vehicles that are worse than Bronco Sport in basically every way.
still the the exact same class. Still the exact same size and similar base power.
Every single major journal is going to have a front page comparison of all of them.

and could you imagine the back lash if all the vehicles are 23-25k and the sport is 30k.
Would MURDER their marketing. And they wouldn’t get any where near there 200k goal. I doubt they would get too 100k units with that.

OP
OP
Nickp

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
still the the exact same class. Still the exact same size and similar base power.
Every single major journal is going to have a front page comparison of all of them.

and could you imagine the back lash if all the vehicles are 23-25k and the sport is 30k.
Would MURDER their marketing. And they wouldn’t get any where near there 200k goal. I doubt they would get too 100k units with that.
The Bronco name demands a premium. And they will sell every single one they make I guarantee it.

Sponsored

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
The Bronco name demands a premium. And they will sell every single one they make I guarantee it.
I agree there. But it still needs to be competitive. It can be $26/27k and still be competitive even tho it will be 4-5k more. But not over 27k $26,995 is my limit for starting.
And $32,995 for a mid/high trim with the 1.5.

dmtndan

Big Bend
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Silverado, 2014 Malibu
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I would expect the 4Door Bronco to be starting at $34k, which would undercut the Wrangler Unlimited Sport S which starts at about $35k

2Door Bronco I would expect to start at $31k and the Wrangler Sport S starts at $32k

note: this is the first line up where the wrangler gets electric windows and such. Something that I believe we had discussed before with the bronco coming with those options already.

prendrefeu

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
heavily modified off-road Volvo XC60
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
My cousin also just bought a 4Runner limited, so the luxury trim. He paid a tick over $50k and shit didn’t even come with a rear locker.

So you don't know what "Limited" actually means, do you?

It's not "Limited Edition" - any person who thinks that is an idiot. If it's "Limited Edition" that would infer a limited number of vehicles produced under that trim, which is nonsense given the number produced. "Limited" has always meant, and always will meant: "this product's capabilities are limited and the intelligence of anyone who buys this shit is also limited"

But, on the other hand, 4Runner TRD has rear lockers.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
so here again why not a month ago when EVERYONE was home and could watch, now everyone is out and not watching the net ???
I don't think Ford wanted to reveal online, but are now realizing they have little choice. They can't just call up a few people and say the reveal is happening in 3 days, get everything ready. It takes time to come up with a plan and then execute it.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.