First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion and soon Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hello guys. Buddy of mine did a review. Gonna be a 2 Part review. He went over a lot of the features and then we will be doing an off road review in a bit. Please give it a view.
Sponsored

Last edited:

BuzzyBud

First Name
TBD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Thank you for posting. Your Buddy has a great screen presents. I enjoyed the content as well. Looking forward to part 2.

OP
OP

AZBronco76

Black Diamond
First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Thank you. He is a good guy and was genuinely thrilled to do the review on my Bronco. The MIC Top started making noise after 2,100 miles and it was funny to hear him mention it. Part 2 of the series is going to be off-roading. If there is some content you want to see let me know.

annieVonBebop

Badlands
First Name
annie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Xterra XE 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wow that driveway looks exactly like my aunt and uncle's in Scottsdale haha

BuzzyBud

First Name
TBD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Thank you. He is a good guy and was genuinely thrilled to do the review on my Bronco. The MIC Top started making noise after 2,100 miles and it was funny to hear him mention it. Part 2 of the series is going to be off-roading. If there is some content you want to see let me know.
I assume you will be receiving the MIC 2.0 hard top. There might be value in comparing the two. The "official" word from Ford describes the 2.0 as addressing the cosmetic issues. Hope they address the fit as well as the finish. Using a sound decibel meter as found on an iPhone or iWatch which compares the two versions of MIC at various speeds might be helpful. You are "fortunate" to have the MIC 1.0 and hopefully the 2.0 for a good comparison. The video might touch upon a comparison of finish/appearance, rattles, sound deadening, watertight construction, etc. Just a thought.

Sponsored
OP
OP

AZBronco76

Black Diamond
First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I assume you will be receiving the MIC 2.0 hard top. There might be value in comparing the two. The "official" word from Ford describes the 2.0 as addressing the cosmetic issues. Hope they address the fit as well as the finish. Using a sound decibel meter as found on an iPhone or iWatch which compares the two versions of MIC at various speeds might be helpful. You are "fortunate" to have the MIC 1.0 and hopefully the 2.0 for a good comparison. The video might touch upon a comparison of finish/appearance, rattles, sound deadening, watertight construction, etc. Just a thought.
That is a good idea. I can make that happen. The noise seems to be from the 2 tops rubbing. I will investigate, take some decibel measurements, and do it all before they call me with the new top.

BuzzyBud

First Name
TBD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
That is a good idea. I can make that happen. The noise seems to be from the 2 tops rubbing. I will investigate, take some decibel measurements, and do it all before they call me with the new top.
One more idea. Many believe the MIC 2.0 will arrive at the dealers minus the glass windows. It is possible that Ford dealers will take the glass in 1.0 and move each piece into 2.0. Not sure if that is the case. Prior to that happening, you might look carefully at how the glass in 1.0 is affixed. You might make the smallest of etching marks on each panel to see if they are moved over. If they are moved, you might compare the work.
I suspect some potential owners are concerned about the quality of 2.0. They may be thinking, is it best to order a soft top and wait to buy a MOD top. Your work could help answer some questions.
As you construct your analysis, it will be important to stress how your MIC 1.0 has 2000+ miles, the MIC 2.0 analysis will be based on initial quality and time will tell how it holds up.
Have fun with this!!

BuzzyBud

First Name
TBD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
If truth be told, when I began watching the video, my jaw hit the floor when I saw your MIC 1.0. I held my breath until I saw the odometer reading of 2400+ miles. That is when the realization set in that we finally have found a YouTuber with a project for content we are craving. For many of us, we are wondering if MIC 2.0 is simply lipstick on a pig.

Your MIC 1.0 has miles which will be a point in time. The MIC 2.0 will have an analysis on initial quality and potentially a second analysis when you log the miles equivalent to the MIC 1.0.

Realize most, if not all, the other YouTubers have Broncos with soft tops, or they switched out their MIC 1.0 for a Bestop soft top. Sadly, we lack the data we need. You and your buddy may be creating unique Bronco content.

OP
OP

AZBronco76

Black Diamond
First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If truth be told, when I began watching the video, my jaw hit the floor when I saw your MIC 1.0. I held my breath until I saw the odometer reading of 2400+ miles. That is when the realization set in that we finally have found a YouTuber with a project for content we are craving. For many of us, we are wondering if MIC 2.0 is simply lipstick on a pig.

Your MIC 1.0 has miles which will be a point in time. The MIC 2.0 will have an analysis on initial quality and potentially a second analysis when you log the miles equivalent to the MIC 1.0.

Realize most, if not all, the other YouTubers have Broncos with soft tops, or they switched out their MIC 1.0 for a Bestop soft top. Sadly, we lack the data we need. You and your buddy may be creating unique Bronco content.
sounds like a plan. I will start collecting data and video tomorrow. I have actually had the same questions. Still don’t know when the top will be replaced.

OP
OP

AZBronco76

Black Diamond
First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If you watch the video, please post a comment. It helps drive the video and more people will get to enjoy it. Thank you everyone.
Sponsored