Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

curious about overall ride quality compared to the JL wrangler - softer over bumps, stiffer? cadillac or soap box? also curious about seats - I am primarily a daily driver/beach cruiser so comfort is an interest
It was rough and bouncy compared to the Bronco Sport. But we were also driving faster and over tougher terrain.

I’ve driven the JK and JL. I’d say it soaks bumps, rocks, etc much better than a Wrangler. This did have the Sasquatch package though. Those shocks probably help.

I think the Bronco is more versatile than the Wrangler. On sand and flat dirt areas it was much more comfortable, in terms of ride quality, than a Wrangler. The build quality should be better too. I would much prefer the Bronco as a daily driver. However, the Sport is much softer. That’s too be expected though.

OP
OP
atonge40

atonge40

Base
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The build quality of the pre-pro unit was better than a production Wrangler. As much as people love Wranglers, their build quality is garbage. Oil canning is a feature and everything seems cheap. The interior and exterior of the Bronco look and feel more premium.

aabsalon

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was lucky enough to have a chance to ride in a Bronco 2-door.

If you have any questions, let me know.

The test vehicle was a preproduction unit in Outer Banks trim with the Sasquatch package. The vehicle had the 2.7TT and the 10-speed.

Short review: it’s a monster. The 2.7/10-speed is fast. The Sasquatch package seems extremely capable. It’s great fun with the top off. It’s worth the wait.

A334A713-D1D7-4624-BB54-8DA273E56963.jpeg
@atonge40 - Did they mention when the build and price will come out?

Sponsored

ATLBronco75

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did you get a good look at those jerry cans in the actual colors?

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It does. Both 2 doors they had were equipped with running boards.
Did you feel you needed to use the running board to get in? I don't love the look of the running boards on the OB models, but this is the first I've seen it in a Sasquatch. I'd like to see a 4-door sasquatch to see how I feel about it. I'm just worried about it being uncomfortable to get in and out without the running board.

OP
OP
atonge40

atonge40

Base
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Did you feel you needed to use the running board to get in? I don't love the look of the running boards on the OB models, but this is the first I've seen it in a Sasquatch. I'd like to see a 4-door sasquatch to see how I feel about it. I'm just worried about it being uncomfortable to get in and out without the running board.
I felt the running boards were in the way and didn't belong on the vehicle. I did not use them to get in or out.

Sponsored

bbqbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EG Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was lucky enough to have a chance to ride in a Bronco 2-door.

If you have any questions, let me know.

The test vehicle was a preproduction unit in Outer Banks trim with the Sasquatch package. The vehicle had the 2.7TT and the 10-speed.

Short review: it’s a monster. The 2.7/10-speed is fast. The Sasquatch package seems extremely capable. It’s great fun with the top off. It’s worth the wait.

A334A713-D1D7-4624-BB54-8DA273E56963.jpeg
Was the flooring carpeted? If you had to guess, is the ease of cleaning better or similar to typical Ford interiors?

OP
OP
atonge40

atonge40

Base
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Was the flooring carpeted? If you had to guess, is the ease of cleaning better or similar to typical Ford interiors?
Yes. It was carpeted. And dirty.

The floor is standard Ford carpet. Reminded me of the carpet in the Ranger or F150. It should clean up nice.
Sponsored