First Name
Beth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150, Ford Focus, Buick Enclave; Toyota CH
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I felt the running boards were in the way and didn't belong on the vehicle. I did not use them to get in or out.
Do you think the running boards will be necessary for someone 5’3”?
Sponsored

OP
OP
atonge40

atonge40

Base
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Do you think the running boards will be necessary for someone 5’3”?
The way their were mounted on the preproduction unit, no. My Ranger has running boards even though I didn't want them (it was a demo and the lease price was outstanding). Those seemed to hang down lower than the running boards on the Bronco. My 5'5" wife can get in and out of the Ranger without the running boards and I think the ingress/egress on the Bronco is lower than the Ranger.

I think this answer will also depend on what trim and tire you get. Unless you plan to lift it, I would say you don't need them.

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I felt the running boards were in the way and didn't belong on the vehicle. I did not use them to get in or out.
Interesting. Good to know. I'm using a Raptor as a reference trying to figure out the get in height.

The way their were mounted on the preproduction unit, no. My Ranger has running boards even though I didn't want them (it was a demo and the lease price was outstanding). Those seemed to hang down lower than the running boards on the Bronco. My 5'5" wife can get in and out of the Ranger without the running boards and I think the ingress/egress on the Bronco is lower than the Ranger.

I think this answer will also depend on what trim and tire you get. Unless you plan to lift it, I would say you don't need them.
So are you saying Ranger is a good reference for how it is to get in/out?

OP
OP
atonge40

atonge40

Base
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Interesting. Good to know. I'm using a Raptor as a reference trying to figure out the get in height.

The Ranger is a good reference for a lot of Bronco things. There is a lot of similarities even though the Bronco is on the same platform as the next gen Ranger. Still, there is some carry over.

Sponsored

xXChartmanXx

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It does. Both 2 doors they had were equipped with running boards.
Guessing wives and daughters of the 5'3-5'5 variety are gonna need some steps to comfortably get into a Squatch?

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

I had a Raptor and found the steps to be a bit high and would have liked the Amp Research that drop lower. In my case, that may be more of an age thing than the step in height.

OP
OP
atonge40

atonge40

Base
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Guessing wives and daughters of the 5'3-5'5 variety are gonna need some steps to comfortably get into a Squatch?
I just asked my wife and daughter and they both use the running boards every time. I attached a pic of how high the running boards and floor are off the ground on my Ranger.

12D38B7E-1D11-4D74-8A0B-869A2CE5ECD6.jpeg

Sponsored

xXChartmanXx

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I just asked my wife and daughter and they both use the running boards every time. I attached a pic of how high the running boards and floor are off the ground on my Ranger.

Ford Bronco Bronco Ride Along - Any Questions? 12D38B7E-1D11-4D74-8A0B-869A2CE5ECD6
Awesome thanks! I'm sure my daughter wont mind jumping up and in but my wife will want steps. Pretty sure I'll go with some Amp Research Powersteps so I wont lose too much clearance.

1973kirk

Black Diamond
First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Do you think there would be a front and back wobble cuz of the short wheelbase. Rocking motion?
Sponsored