croydon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have been watching the off road adventures of the new Bronco at Mo ab and the
Rubicon. What concerns me is that all the units testing have extensive roll cages apparently reinforcing the factory roll bar. This is disconcerting to me as I assumed
Ford would along with all the other upgrades install a roll bar that works. I would like to hear from Ford engineering as to the exact strength of the factory bar, and if it can't do the job than will there be an option for a replacement system that will??
ANY THOUGHTS???

UPDATE: I hate to say I am right but notice the B and C pillar Reinforcements on the New Bronco Raptor. I guess I just heard from Ford Engineering.

Also the 8.5" Track width increase speaks volumes.
The roll center had to brought down by a huge number. That effectively did it.
Looks like F-150 Raptor Hub frames and lower control arms, with same truck control arms, axles, sway bar, and upper control arm.
I love off the shelf parts I can use to upgrade my 2dr. Those front and rear axle assembles should bolt right on also. Don't think the increase in travel is necessary so shock towers and FOX super $$$ shocks are not in the works.
The sheet metal on the Raptor I am confident can be swaped out quick and easy just like a normal Bronco. Although the pressure vents in my book aren't necessary in a Vehicle with
almost 20" of ground clearance.

When I finally get my 2021 2dr sas which was built 12/17 I will do the math.
Sponsored

Last edited:

shoelessjoe

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Rubicon. What concerns me is that all the units testing have extensive roll cages apparently reinforcing the factory roll bar. This is disconcerting to me as I assumed
Ford would along with all the other upgrades install a roll bar that works. I would like to hear from Ford engineering as to the exact strength of the factory bar, and if it can't do the job than will there be an option for a replacement system that will??
ANY THOUGHTS???
It is hardened boron steel. I doubt that it will be easy to replace because there are probably several brackets either welded to it or bolted to it.

OP
OP
croyco

croyco

Black Diamond
First Name
croydon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It is hardened boron steel. I doubt that it will be easy to replace because there are probably several brackets either welded to it or bolted to it.
Thanks but the question then is: Will a hardened BORON steel bar fold upon a roll over or crash?

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thanks but the question then is: Will a hardened BORON steel bar fold upon a roll over or crash?
I would assume since the top comes off then legally ford has to make it strong enough for a roll over crash that won’t kill the passengers just like any other vehicle. They still have to adhere to regulations and laws.

shoelessjoe

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Plus with no roof bow it has to be extra strong to pass the rollover tests.

Sponsored

JakeC

Badlands
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Website
michiganbroncos.club
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I‘be only seen the extra cage reinformcement on the Bronco R, which is doing serious Baja driving.

Ajusaf

Black Diamond
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Why do you think there's no centre rail? It's not for panoramic view, it's in case you need to bail out. Remember that big red button on the dash?

Ford Bronco Bronco Roll Bar Strength IMG_2504.GIF

Last edited:

bbqbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EG Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
ANY THOUGHTS???
You getting the 4 door? No worries then, the soft top will act like a trampoline and bounce u back lol

OP
OP
croyco

croyco

Black Diamond
First Name
croydon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I‘be only seen the extra cage reinformcement on the Bronco R, which is doing serious Baja driving.
Take a hard look at the units doing the Rubicon they all have a roll cage. I even e-mailed Ford and they said it was to protect the engineers who don't know what there doing. So I mailed back saying "So that means the stock roll bay will not protect you? ) Never got a reply.

Sponsored

KindaOrange

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None... hurry up Ford!
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

ANY THOUGHTS???
You plan on rolling sideways huh my guy?

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 Pajero 2.5TD, '99 Land Cruiser '15 Golf TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Just because it's designed to meet industry-standard rollover tests for highway vehicles doesn't mean it's designed to roll down a mountain. If you're anticipating rolling down a mountain, I'd suggest going ahead and getting a cage.