First Name
Jeremie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Cause we don't have enough polls as it is.

79857127_3263033350434028_1015326643822002176_o.jpg
Sponsored

BroncOBX

Black Diamond
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.polaris-intel.com
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford F-150 FX4; Mavic 2 Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I hate upbadgers.

Thats a pretty discreet one though, most people won't pick up on it
Didnt know "upbadgers" were a thing...apparently even a menace to society? :p

Last edited:

Sponsored

Lab00Rat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL 2-Door, 2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Stickers.

Seems to be a thing on off-road rides.
I bet it'll be on a lot of Broncos.

I even foresee the C being changed to D.

FourHorses

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently own 6 Fords
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Didnt know "upbadgers" were a thing...apparently even a menace to society?
I wouldn't call them a menace to society by any means, but there are a LOT of fake Shelby's, Cobra's, Civic Type R's, ZR'1 Camaro's, Hellcats, Yenkos, etc. out there. Way more than you realize. Maybe some are even built up and faster/better in some respects. Many times though the badges are all they swap and fool the novice. Now if you wanna build a clone with the look, cool. IMO, leave the badges off though if it's not the real deal.

Where it infuriates me is at car shows where they register it as the upbadged vehicle. Then when they win something and they announce the winners and the judges say "The 1968 Shelby GT500 wins" when it is a clone. Nothing wrong with it just being the "1968 Ford Mustang GT fastback".

This is a button for me though, not looking to have an argument. Stepping down off of my soap box.

Last edited:

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Didnt know "upbadgers" were a thing...apparently even a menace to society?
Oh yea. Most grow out of it shortly after high school but there's always some misguided souls who continue through life thinking it's okay to put Raptor badges on XLTs, Z06 badges on base automatics, and Ferrari badges on Fieros. Sad.

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I wouldn't call them a menace to society by any means, but there are a LOT of fake Shelby's, Cobra's, Civic Type R's, ZR'1 Camaro's, Hellcats, Yenkos, etc. out there. Way more than you realize. Maybe some are even built up and faster/better in some respects. Many times though the badges are all they swap and fool the novice. Now if you wanna build a clone with the look, cool. IMO, leave the badges off though if it's not the real deal.

Where it infuriates me is at car shows where they register it as the upbadged vehicle. Then when they win something and they announce the winners and the judges say "The 1968 Shelby GT500 wins" when it is a clone. Nothing wrong with it just being the "1968 Ford Mustang GT fastback".

This is a button for me though, not looking to have an argument. Stepping down off of my soap box.
Stay up on that soap box! We need people to know upbadging is not okay!

King Luis

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC60 & MK5 Jetta TDI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

i like it. but won't do it on my car.

Sponsored

BroncOBX

Black Diamond
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.polaris-intel.com
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford F-150 FX4; Mavic 2 Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Tonque was firmly planted in cheek with the menace to society comment. :cool: I do appreciate the explanation and enlightenment. No idea that was going on. Thank you. Sir.

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I totally understand where you're coming from on this and feel the same way, but at the same time people can do what they want with their vehicles. Chances are they only fool people who aren't car enthusiasts.

I fully support people adding upgraded trim or features from "better" models later to get what they want, but I would never label it the upper trim. I think putting the red R is a bit different because at this point we can't buy a Bronco R so it's more like a tribute to it.

I am just rambling... love the customizability of the Bronco and look forward to seeing all of the major and minor tweaks people do to theirs!

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

OP
OP
BroncoJeremie

BroncoJeremie

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeremie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The Red R is definitely part of my Dream Spec!

Ford Bronco Bronco R's red R poll h0n1nuejg2on1q0mt402xs298vpovvt224qkuc0m&rid=giphy
Exactly, plus I don't think it's necessary an upbadge itself as the R is just the race version not an actual production version like a type R or Raptor grill.