Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, GMC Terrain
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So with my build week finally in hand I asked my dealer to produce a purchase order for me. This is the issue I ran across and for those that have already bought their Bronco I'd love to hear your feed back. Everything checked out except one thing. The dealer added $893 to the MSRP for "Dealer Prep Fee". This sounds like a bogus fee that is another way of just saying ADM.

Sales Rep has been really nice through the whole process and was pretty honest with me. He said, "If you dont take it, and management honestly doesnt want you to cause they will add 10k for ADM."

Figured I'm sorta stuck with the extra $893...
Sponsored

Last edited:

Vantcrst

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
92 Ford F-150, Mercedes 4x4 Sprinter Van,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So with my build week finally in hand I asked my dealer to produce a purchase order for me. This is the issue I ran across and for those that have already bought their Bronco I'd love to hear your feed back. Everything checked out except one thing. The dealer added $893 to the MSRP for "Dealer Prep Fee". This sounds like a bogus fee that is another way of just saying ADM.

Sales Rep has been really nice through the whole process and was pretty honest with me. He said, "If you dont take it, and management honestly doesnt want you to cuase they will add 10k for ADM."

Figured I'm sorta stuck with the extra $893...

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For not having a signed sales agreement in place they seem to be taking it easy on you. I wonder if this is their version of a Doc fee or is there another line item for that? What exactly does the prep fee get you? Are they also going to try and add dealer add-ons (window etching, rust protection, nitrogen tires, etc)?

OP
OP
Mike777

Mike777

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, GMC Terrain
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

For not having a signed sales agreement in place they seem to be taking it easy on you. I wonder if this is their version of a Doc fee or is there another line item for that? What exactly does the prep fee get you? Are they also going to try and add dealer add-ons (window etching, rust protection, nitrogen tires, etc)?
Apparently the nitrogen tires are part of the "prep fee" from what I was able to get. I didn't ask about other stuff since I was in a rush when he sent it.

There is also another line item for doc fees.

Sponsored

Vantcrst

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
92 Ford F-150, Mercedes 4x4 Sprinter Van,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

God dealerships can be dicks. Are they selling it to you at MSRP? If so and they have been great otherwise just bite the bullet and pay it on f they won’t budge. I can speak for the rest of us waiting for our Bronco’s I would gladly pay the fee to get mine. But in principle i totally disagree with them adding fees just because they can.

LowerSlowerDelaware

Base
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Chevy S10 Ram 3500
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ask the Dealer how much is a Ford Customer Survey worth.

Tell them that you heard the going rate for a top ranked survey and no complaints to the Ford Zone Rep, Bronco Customer Service or the Bronco6G forum just happens to be $893 today only but it could be going up due to commodity constraints.

Also ask him if your name is on the Order, how’s it going to look to Ford, BBB and the Local TV stations consumer affairs reporter that the Dealer sold a Bronco with Your Name on the Sticker for $10-15k out of pure greed.

Last edited:

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Apparently the nitrogen tires are part of the "prep fee" from what I was able to get
At least get them to delete this. Explain to them that with any off-road vehicle, the first thing you do when you hit the trail head (or beach) is to air down the tires. And frankly, you are embarrassed to even have to explain this to them since they are the Bronco and off-road "experts."

Clearwater native

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19F-59,16-E350, 65C10,05TJ, 67RSCamaro, 65malibuSS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

All dealers have those fee's they are usually $395.-$995. , it's my understanding that they are not allowed to sell the Bronco's to us (reservation holders) above MSRP as per Ford rules but those dealer prep fees are not governed by Ford and at this point in the game there is no negotiation other that to walk away and like others have posted they will gladly add 10-20K for a mark up and put on the showroom floor, hopefully your dealer will at least give you a couple of oil changes out of the deal (now that you can negotiate).

Blue's B6G

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco OB 2-Door V6 Sasquatch AMB High Pack
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So with my build week finally in hand I asked my dealer to produce a purchase order for me.
Just sincerely curious why’d you wait for the build week to schedule before hashing out the fees?

PSA: Work out the price with your dealer BEFORE submitting an order. Once you submit the order, you cannot switch dealers and your bargaining position is effectively non-existent after that.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Mike777

Mike777

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, GMC Terrain
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Just sincerely curious why’d you wait for the build week to schedule before hashing out the fees?

PSA: Work out the price with your dealer BEFORE submitting an order. Once you submit the order, you cannot switch dealers and your bargaining position is effectively non-existent after that.
It was a mistake I made and unfortunately cant go back in time and fix it....at this point eating a $893 prep fee doesn't seem as bad as some of the other posts I've read. All I can hope for is that the Bronco holds its value relatively well with the limited supply.

GoTigersGoBronco

Badlands
First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Are they charging a doc fee too. It’s a bit high but I’d guess 90% of dealerships have something like this added.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If you did not agree on a price when you placed the order, then yes, your are most likely stuck with whatever additional fees they place on you.

OP
OP
Mike777

Mike777

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, GMC Terrain
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Are they charging a doc fee too. It’s a bit high but I’d guess 90% of dealerships have something like this added.
They are.....$183 for doc fee.