Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
While I haven't received my bronco yet, this is what I plan on paying:

Screen Shot 2021-08-30 at 2.41.45 PM.png
Jesus Christmas - 9.50% sales tax, that's f'ing highway robbery too! Can't say which is worse on average the typical ADM or LA, CA sales tax!

805Bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1992 EB FSB Bronco; 2021 Outer Banks 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Oh wow - super interesting. This will be the third vehicle we've gotten from the Galpin dealerships (one Mazda, and one previous Ford) and I seem to have a very good relationship with my salesperson. I do hope that there won't be any issues come delivery!
I'm not stating you can't have a good sales experience or won't be happy with a vehicle purchased from Galpin. You just won't find the same vehicle on another Ford lot for comparison, or to use as a negotiating chip. Good luck, and I hope it works out in your favor.

ausherpharmd

Black Diamond
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Tucson
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So with my build week finally in hand I asked my dealer to produce a purchase order for me. This is the issue I ran across and for those that have already bought their Bronco I'd love to hear your feed back. Everything checked out except one thing. The dealer added $893 to the MSRP for "Dealer Prep Fee". This sounds like a bogus fee that is another way of just saying ADM.

Sales Rep has been really nice through the whole process and was pretty honest with me. He said, "If you dont take it, and management honestly doesnt want you to cause they will add 10k for ADM."

Figured I'm sorta stuck with the extra $893...
This sounds terrible, but $893 seems to be a pretty good deal with no previous signed agreement.

Sponsored

Liquid_Todd~AZ

Wildtrak
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura MDX
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It was a mistake I made and unfortunately cant go back in time and fix it....at this point eating a $893 prep fee doesn't seem as bad as some of the other posts I've read. All I can hope for is that the Bronco holds its value relatively well with the limited supply.
You won’t remember agreeing to the prep fee in 3-4 years when your bronco arrives.

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Next time get a signed purchase order when you order, why do so many such as you fail to do this! So, pay it and enjoy your new Bronco!
A lot of people aren't familiar with how it all works. Not to mention the unscrupulous dealers who simply don't provide the necessary information. This is my first factory order but luckily I had this place to guide me.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
It was a mistake I made and unfortunately cant go back in time and fix it....at this point eating a $893 prep fee doesn't seem as bad as some of the other posts I've read. All I can hope for is that the Bronco holds its value relatively well with the limited supply.
The supply will not stay limited though, it'll be a mass produced vehicle, and prices will fall accordingly. Problem is you'll be in it for 1k over MSRP. If you can't walk away though, as in any deal situation, you've lost your most important tool.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They are.....$183 for doc fee.
That’s actually cheap. Most dealers in Colorado will hit you with $500+, I saw $799 looking for a Bronco dealer.

DFNMAN

Base
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' 2dr, 15' M3, 07' FJ, 03' M3, 79' 928
Your Bronco Model
Base
Most franchise dealers charges a dealer fee. If they do not charge you one, they have to refund every person they ever charged it to. At least that is how it is in Florida, they will not take it off but sometimes you can get them to back it out of the sale price.

Sponsored

Mrpenn46

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands - Cactus Gray
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

At least get them to delete this. Explain to them that with any off-road vehicle, the first thing you do when you hit the trail head (or beach) is to air down the tires. And frankly, you are embarrassed to even have to explain this to them since they are the Bronco and off-road "experts."
Not to mention air is 78% nitrogen anyway. 🤷‍♂️

DaveH

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Ford Focus, 98 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The dealer probably isn't allowed to do this, but tell them they don't need to prep it, you'll take it straight off the transport.
Or, call up anonymously and ask what their hourly rate is for checking fluids and also for detailing a car. Do the math and tell them you expect X hours of prep work.

acf1016

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thankfully I’ll be using the A Plan. Glad to know I don’t have to worry about dealer BS.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So with my build week finally in hand I asked my dealer to produce a purchase order for me. This is the issue I ran across and for those that have already bought their Bronco I'd love to hear your feed back. Everything checked out except one thing. The dealer added $893 to the MSRP for "Dealer Prep Fee". This sounds like a bogus fee that is another way of just saying ADM.

Sales Rep has been really nice through the whole process and was pretty honest with me. He said, "If you dont take it, and management honestly doesnt want you to cause they will add 10k for ADM."

Figured I'm sorta stuck with the extra $893...
Translation, Take it or leave it. Dealer is being right up front. If you're willing to pay the $893, you should sign quick before they change their mind.
Sponsored