James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have with Galpin too, what do you think of those folks?
It's a little hit or miss. I really like my salesperson. He helped me with my wife's vehicle a few years ago and was just super nice and the kind of person I really want to do business with...

however, the lease on that vehicle is up in December and I was hoping to either sell it directly to CarMax or buy it out and sell it and they are making that very difficult. I'm not sure if that is a function of Ford policy or a function of the dealership, but all I know is there's about $6,000 to be made that I'm not making which is bothersome.

Ask me again when I take delivery of my first born Bronco and I'll let you know. When did you make your reservation?
Sponsored

Jmax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Nut Up and Fight for yourself.

What’s the Worse that can happen? You can blink first and pay the $893. You make them blink with my above post and save $893.

Sure, they may tell you to GTFO of the Showroom and sell your Bronco for an ADM of $10k

Then you unleash a bad PR campaign against them while you go order a MY22 from Granger or Chapman@Horsham. You airline ticket and 1 night in a hotel ain’t gonna cost you $893
I tried moving my reservation to granger and granger said Ford is not allowing anyone to move their reservation.

maxmxa

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So with my build week finally in hand I asked my dealer to produce a purchase order for me. This is the issue I ran across and for those that have already bought their Bronco I'd love to hear your feed back. Everything checked out except one thing. The dealer added $893 to the MSRP for "Dealer Prep Fee". This sounds like a bogus fee that is another way of just saying ADM.

Sales Rep has been really nice through the whole process and was pretty honest with me. He said, "If you dont take it, and management honestly doesnt want you to cause they will add 10k for ADM."

Figured I'm sorta stuck with the extra $893...
That must be the prep fee they charge for changing the air from the tires and filling them up with nitrogen.:rolleyes::rolleyes: or for the 5 minute spray wash and wax in the back lot.:LOL:

JacksonHole

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep wrangler, sequoia, land cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
All dealers have those fee's they are usually $395.-$995. , it's my understanding that they are not allowed to sell the Bronco's to us (reservation holders) above MSRP as per Ford rules but those dealer prep fees are not governed by Ford and at this point in the game there is no negotiation other that to walk away and like others have posted they will gladly add 10-20K for a mark up and put on the showroom floor, hopefully your dealer will at least give you a couple of oil changes out of the deal (now that you can negotiate).
I spoke to a Ford Customer Service rep at their 1-800 number. She said the dealers can sell the Bronco at what ever price they want - even to reservation holders. She said I should have discussed this when I placed the order. Kind of frustrating since the dealer didn't mention that. We both just focused on the build and MSRP. I am trying to get an answer from the dealer now. We shall see.

Sponsored

uniqueusername

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

For all the talk of dealers being able to add $5-10k to other buyers, I'm not seeing that in the real world. Looking on ebay, i'm not aware of other sites, I see auctions expiring without the minimum being reached and the trucks being reposted at $5k less than the original auction. I think there isn't as much buzz still around. Buzz fatigue, since the vehicles aren't really showing up. I think excitement is up still amongst enthusiasts, but the general consumer types have moved on to the next thing.
I have no doubt some members of B6G have had bad dealer experiences, but I do not think it is as widespread it's claimed.

How many hundreds of members have received their truck? Compare that with how many post there are about $5-10K ADM.

Trust me, they way folks complain around here, if it was widespread there would be dozens of new threads daily.

noliveaxle

Badlands
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 jku rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
See if they can sell you the extended warranty instead so they can make their extra markup. Win for both. That’s what I would try.

abdickson70

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I did work out a deal ahead of time and that is when I was told they are not supposed to sell above MSRP and gee it didn't ask where that information came from I just again am happy with my Dealer and trust them (5th vehicle I've bought from them) also I have bought a lot of vehicles in my day and the ones I have special ordered I negotiated not only the invoice pricing but the holdback fees and delivery fees as well and have been able to purchase for $2500+ under invoice, so I know how it works but like I said before this is a New model and with 230,000 reservations they are not gonna sit on the lot for long but the dealer obviously doesn't want a bad review either. I am proud of you if you think your deal is better than mine, My salesmen is upfront with me totally on my side and have known him for many years so no need to worry about my deal.
Also with all that said most will be probably financing there Broncos and all these fee's that you are so worried about only amount to 10-15 dollars a month so if you didn't already work them out its not that big a deal Just Enjoy your Bronco.
Only trying to clear up some obvious confusion, in your reply to this thread. Never, did I state that I had a good deal or a better deal than you, only that it was a good idea to work out a deal prior to delivery and a lot of us on this forum have.

acf1016

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I will be purchasing under A plan also, but that doesn't protect you from other dealer add-ons that you may not agree to. Review the language in the link carefully and pay attention to the "Process and Documentation" section. For example, it states:

• The dealership may charge any price negotiated (at or above dealer cost) between the dealer and the customer for undercoating, dealer installed options, extended service contracts and other items or services that add value to the vehicle, provided such items are priced separately and listed individually on the retail buyer's order and the AXZD-Plan Pricing Agreement.
https://www.myplan.ford.com/myplanweb/jsp/howitworks/myplan_az_rules.htm?#process

This is from 2018 so there is probably some updated language to this but this is what I have printed and brought with me every time I make a vehicle purchase under the A/Z plan agreement. It really does a good job of covering the customer from any shenanigans and walking into the dealership with this already in hand sometimes puts a stop to whatever they were planning to upsell you before they even start. I believe they have to provide this at the time of sale but no one is going to read through this whole thing at the dealership and they anticipate that.

Having purchased multilple vehicles using the A-Plan, as I am sure you have done too, the last thing a dealer wants to do is play funny games with A-Plan buyers. The surveys from A-Plan buyers carry considerable weight.

You're protected on Doc Fee (max to be charged $75), and they can't charge for "prep". Sure they can screw you if you have a trade-in (I don't) or with extended warranty BS but for the most part you are 100% protected against dealer games.

Sponsored

JimL

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2020 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Translation, Take it or leave it. Dealer is being right up front. If you're willing to pay the $893, you should sign quick before they change their mind.
Unfortunately you’re right. They’re not going to budge on the price, and they’re not going to woo him or buy him dinner or even lube up first.

UtahLars

First Edition
First Name
Laurent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Ford Bronco First Edition. ‘21 Audi RS6 Avan
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

It was a mistake I made and unfortunately cant go back in time and fix it....at this point eating a $893 prep fee doesn't seem as bad as some of the other posts I've read. All I can hope for is that the Bronco holds its value relatively well with the limited supply.

Why are they the only ones that can add fees? If I were you I would consider going back to them and adding a $2,500 "Resale Avoidance Fee" payable by them to you.

This is for the service you are providing to them in giving the dealership an immediate sale and saving them the inconvenience and risk of having to inventory the Bronco for a while and look for a new customer for it.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Only trying to clear up some obvious confusion, in your reply to this thread. Never, did I state that I had a good deal or a better deal than you, only that it was a good idea to work out a deal prior to delivery and a lot of us on this forum have.
Tried to do the same. Got demands to see my before and after paperwork. Still not sure how that is relevant to the clarifications posted.

OP
OP
Mike777

Mike777

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, GMC Terrain
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Why are they the only ones that can add fees? If I were you I would consider going back to them and adding a $2,500 "Resale Avoidance Fee" payable by them to you.

This is for the service you are providing to them in giving the dealership an immediate sale and saving them the inconvenience and risk of having to inventory the Bronco for a while and look for a new customer for it.
If only it were that easy....I will try to go back in and negotiate some more, but at the same time you don't want to rock the boat too much because they would love the opportunity to sell to someone over MSRP with a massive ADM.

It wasn't just the $893 it was also the Dealer Inventory Tax and Doc fees. From what its sounded like in a lot of the posts here the Doc fees were actually lower then some others so that's good to hear. I could probably get the Dealer Inventory Tax waived if I push hard enough.

That 893 as a "Prep Fee" which by the way isn't a separate line item just part of the sales price of the vehicle. I MAY be able to get it lowered but from my last conversation its doubtful. Honestly, in this case you are put in a corner and hard to negotiate because of how the reservation system works. Its a lot easier when you can force a better deal by walking out and going to another dealership.

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If only it were that easy....I will try to go back in and negotiate some more, but at the same time you don't want to rock the boat too much because they would love the opportunity to sell to someone over MSRP with a massive ADM.

It wasn't just the $893 it was also the Dealer Inventory Tax and Doc fees. From what its sounded like in a lot of the posts here the Doc fees were actually lower then some others so that's good to hear. I could probably get the Dealer Inventory Tax waived if I push hard enough.

That 893 as a "Prep Fee" which by the way isn't a separate line item just part of the sales price of the vehicle. I MAY be able to get it lowered but from my last conversation its doubtful. Honestly, in this case you are put in a corner and hard to negotiate because of how the reservation system works. Its a lot easier when you can force a better deal by walking out and going to another dealership.
This whole reservation thing has put you in a bad spot, agreed. Yeah just see what you can do.
Sponsored