Laurent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Ford Bronco First Edition. ‘21 Audi RS6 Avan
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

If only it were that easy....I will try to go back in and negotiate some more, but at the same time you don't want to rock the boat too much because they would love the opportunity to sell to someone over MSRP with a massive ADM.

It wasn't just the $893 it was also the Dealer Inventory Tax and Doc fees. From what its sounded like in a lot of the posts here the Doc fees were actually lower then some others so that's good to hear. I could probably get the Dealer Inventory Tax waived if I push hard enough.

That 893 as a "Prep Fee" which by the way isn't a separate line item just part of the sales price of the vehicle. I MAY be able to get it lowered but from my last conversation its doubtful. Honestly, in this case you are put in a corner and hard to negotiate because of how the reservation system works. Its a lot easier when you can force a better deal by walking out and going to another dealership.

I was being facetious. I'm not sure haggling with them will get you anywhere. Did they have a discussion with you before they tacked that fee on? On a more serious strategy note consider this: when it comes time to pay, just write them a check for the full amount minus the 893. Of course, in that case, you need to be ready to walk away if they won't take it. But they probably will.
Sponsored

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If only it were that easy....I will try to go back in and negotiate some more, but at the same time you don't want to rock the boat too much because they would love the opportunity to sell to someone over MSRP with a massive ADM.

It wasn't just the $893 it was also the Dealer Inventory Tax and Doc fees. From what its sounded like in a lot of the posts here the Doc fees were actually lower then some others so that's good to hear. I could probably get the Dealer Inventory Tax waived if I push hard enough.

That 893 as a "Prep Fee" which by the way isn't a separate line item just part of the sales price of the vehicle. I MAY be able to get it lowered but from my last conversation its doubtful. Honestly, in this case you are put in a corner and hard to negotiate because of how the reservation system works. Its a lot easier when you can force a better deal by walking out and going to another dealership.
Out of the fees you listed, the only one that is really negotiable is their Prep Fee. Dealers (at least here in TX) have to charge the same set Document Fee (varies by dealer) to all of their customers. And the fee you are being charged seems fair. The Inventory Tax is a state tax and is non-negotiable.

I would drill down in the Prep Fee and find out what it is all includes. As someone else had posted, time performing the PDI (pre-delivery inspection) is reimbursed by Ford and each vehicle already has a set PDI labor allowance. Just ask them casually to catch them off guard: "Hey, since PDI is already reimbursed by Ford can you provide me a quick list of what is included in your Prep Fee? Just wanna make sure that there is nothing in there that I don't really need, like that bs nitrogen filled tires or that phantom rust proofing stuff that some dealers charge. Preciate it, thanks"

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have no doubt some members of B6G have had bad dealer experiences, but I do not think it is as widespread it's claimed.

How many hundreds of members have received their truck? Compare that with how many post there are about $5-10K ADM.

Trust me, they way folks complain around here, if it was widespread there would be dozens of new threads daily.
Can't be too many yet. This articles says only about 3200 sold through July.
https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a37397727/ford-bronco-reservations-paused/

GeotechDuck

Black Diamond
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Kia Telluride SX AWD / 2003 Mini Cooper S
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Are people still seeing massive markups on lot Broncos in parts of the country? That seems to be dying down in NorCal quickly.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I was being facetious. I'm not sure haggling with them will get you anywhere. Did they have a discussion with you before they tacked that fee on? On a more serious strategy note consider this: when it comes time to pay, just write them a check for the full amount minus the 893. Of course, in that case, you need to be ready to walk away if they won't take it. But they probably will.
OP already said the dealer wants him to walk so they can sell for more. I don't see him getting any concessions. After a reasonable time, dealer will sell this Bronco to someone else if he keeps playing games.

Sponsored

uniqueusername

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Can't be too many yet. This articles says only about 3200 sold through July.
https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a37397727/ford-bronco-reservations-paused/
Ok?

Even though it is 3200 through July (discounting an entire month's worth of sales) this place would be burning to the ground if $5-10K ADMs were the norm.

A lot more posts about people enjoying their trucks, modding their trucks, griping about their trucks.

Very few about ADM and most of those were when the mannequins started hitting dealerships and were tagged with astronomical ADMs to prevent people from inquiring about a purchase.

stratego

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla M3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Are people still seeing massive markups on lot Broncos in parts of the country? That seems to be dying down in NorCal quickly.
Consumer sentiment dropped sharply in August and September is traditionally slow for auto sales. I would not be surprised at all if a lot of dealers charging huge ADM quietly drop them after labor day.

uniqueusername

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Consumer sentiment dropped sharply in August and September is traditionally slow for auto sales. I would not be surprised at all if a lot of dealers charging huge ADM quietly drop them after labor day.
Oh hey...there is the silver lining in delayed production.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

… saving them the inconvenience and risk of having to inventory the Bronco for a while and look for a new customer for it.
Bwahahahahaha!!! 🤣

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ok?

Even though it is 3200 through July (discounting an entire month's worth of sales) this place would be burning to the ground if $5-10K ADMs were the norm.

A lot more posts about people enjoying their trucks, modding their trucks, griping about their trucks.

Very few about ADM and most of those were when the mannequins started hitting dealerships and were tagged with astronomical ADMs to prevent people from inquiring about a purchase.
Exactly what I thought I said? :unsure:

Sponsored

Oceannomad

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ugh I have a bad feeling. During the original reservation my dealer agreed to no ADM. During the ordering process, no ADM (on purchase order). During multiple configuration changes, no ADM. After finally getting the build date and VIN I requested most up to date purchase agreement so I can get my loan secured and silence from them. I called, salesman and online rep unavailable. Emailed both with no replies. I’m about to get royally screwed.

Hanverg07

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TSX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's a little hit or miss. I really like my salesperson. He helped me with my wife's vehicle a few years ago and was just super nice and the kind of person I really want to do business with...

however, the lease on that vehicle is up in December and I was hoping to either sell it directly to CarMax or buy it out and sell it and they are making that very difficult. I'm not sure if that is a function of Ford policy or a function of the dealership, but all I know is there's about $6,000 to be made that I'm not making which is bothersome.

Ask me again when I take delivery of my first born Bronco and I'll let you know. When did you make your reservation?
Got it! I have a 08/25/20 res, BL, with MIC top, but I'm thinking on changing to soft top. How about you?

shimmy825

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Got it! I have a 08/25/20 res, BL, with MIC top, but I'm thinking on changing to soft top. How about you?
8/25 is a good day! That's my birthday. I'm a 6/8/21 res. And I have a badlands softtop on order. Figure you can't go wrong with SoCal sunny days. Have you gotten a VIN yet?

Oceannomad

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Phew. Thanks for posting this thread OP. I got my dealer to send me a final purchase price. They had me spooked at first. Only “oh s***” part now is my dealer says their info show my rig will be built on a Friday. Crap. Hopefully it’s in the morning and not end of the day.

Hanverg07

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TSX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
8/25 is a good day! That's my birthday. I'm a 6/8/21 res. And I have a badlands softtop on order. Figure you can't go wrong with SoCal sunny days. Have you gotten a VIN yet?
Oh wow! Happy belated birthday then ☺ No VIN yet for me, that's why I'm trying to see if changing to a soft top I'd have a better chance, well according to Nathan the inventory guy from Galpin I might, so I'll see.
Sponsored