First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan titan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
What do yall think? If i test drive a 2.7 f150 4x4, will it be pretty close to a bronco sasquatch 2.7? I know gearing will not be the same and the weight of the vehicles will differ some. Pretty dang close or too many differences to say?
Sponsored

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm guessing more similar than the 2.3 demo. I realize the 2.3 and chairs are Ranger but I can't help but feel that the F150-Squatch might be more accurate.

OP
OP

Ryderman1

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan titan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm guessing more similar than the 2.3 demo. I realize the 2.3 and chairs are Ranger but I can't help but feel that the F150-Squatch might be more accurate.
Yeah, that is my thought as well. Weight in f150 and bronco should be similar atleast and the engines are the same. I guess the part that i have clue about is the gearing. Do you think it would be a big difference?

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yeah, that is my thought as well. Weight in f150 and bronco should be similar atleast and the engines are the same. I guess the part that i have clue about is the gearing. Do you think it would be a big difference?
I think that "modern" transmissions have so many years that math fixes things. The 3 or 4 speeds that I am used to had all sorts of issues because of tire and gear changes. The gearing of the 10 speed, as well as that 4A transfer case and the rear end radio variety should remove any issues at all. For example, my car has a 4.6, roughly the same power output and band as the 2.3 really feels different with 16"rims vs 17" rims. However it also has 3.53 ish rear end vs the 3.27 ish. Neither run makes the car feel like a real slouch. Why do I bring that up? Because the power is the same, the weight is roughly equivalent and the modern driveling is far more versatile. Either engine/trans combo should be more than fine. I'm going 2.7 Squatch just because the "look" or "perception" of the power curves seems flatter and wider.

You'll be happy with any choice you make.

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Look at the final drive ratio by gear. It’s probably not to far off if you find a 3.73 geared F150 with the 255/70/18 tires (32” roughly) mine has 3.55 gears and the 255/70/18s and it’s a beast. Also, the Ford 10sp and the 2.7 do break in and learn over time, mine is noticeably more fuel efficient and seems up a bit on power over time (36k miles now, started to notice about 15k miles or so). The transmission also gets tuned to your style. You can try sport mode if you want the most aggressive feel (more a tint throttle tip in and harder, faster(?) shifts).
Sponsored