First Name
TBD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Nice job! After seeing VB on the Ford lot, I'm kind of taking a step back from it. If your Area 51 is closer to accurate, then that will be a strong contender. I did see the Race Red this past week, and I think your red is tad "saturated", but at least gives a decent look of how it could be. Speaking of the Race Red ... I was very impressed with the color on the lot ... and I don't care for red! Race Red looked great from distance, while Rapid Red looked better up close and personal. Just my $0.02
You raise an interesting observation. The effect of color up close versus from a distance.
I suspect whether or not a color is metallic may effect how a person reacts to the color. For me, metallic colors look better up close. I think it is safe to say in this thread the colors, except for the cyber orange were not created with a metallic image. By the way, Race Red is super saturated on my OLED monitor. Wow!

EO74

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Cannyon
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Wow loving that velocity blue but race reds my first choice!!!

GiddyUp

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

You raise an interesting observation. The effect of color up close versus from a distance.
I suspect whether or not a color is metallic may effect how a person reacts to the color. For me, metallic colors look better up close. I think it is safe to say in this thread the colors, except for the cyber orange were not created with a metallic image. By the way, Race Red is super saturated on my OLED monitor. Wow!
Good points about the metallic paints. Yeah, the red is saturated on both of my monitors, and on my phone. It's a tough color to deal with digitally I suppose. So here is pic I took of the two reds. The one in back is Race Red and front is Rapid. Not sure if the car to left is Oxford or not. From distance the Race really catches the eye, whereas the Rapid up close is jewel like, hence, back to your metallic note. The Rapid Red starts to look burgundy from distance, so if I had to choose one then I might be leaning towards Race Red.
Ford Bronco Bronco Sasquatch 2-Door Simulated in Production Colors 20200808_093854

BuzzyBud

First Name
TBD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Good points about the metallic paints. Yeah, the red is saturated on both of my monitors, and on my phone. It's a tough color to deal with digitally I suppose. So here is pic I took of the two reds. The one in back is Race Red and front is Rapid. Not sure if the car to left is Oxford or not. From distance the Race really catches the eye, whereas the Rapid up close is jewel like, hence, back to your metallic note. The Rapid Red starts to look burgundy from distance, so if I had to choose one then I might be leaning towards Race Red.
Ford Bronco Bronco Sasquatch 2-Door Simulated in Production Colors 20200808_093854
Like many Forum members I tend to bounce around on my color choices. Originally I was leaning toward Shadow Black. A color I am familiar with since I have an F150 in Shadow Black. Now I am drawn to Antimatter Blue. I think it has black tones from a distance (something I happen to like) yet I sense it has jewel like tones up close due to the metallic paint. If I had to order my Bronco with color sight unseen, I would lean toward AMB and hope to be pleasantly surprised. How is that for being a trusting soul ready to have Ford take my money?!

Sponsored

GiddyUp

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Like many Forum members I tend to bounce around on my color choices. Originally I was leaning toward Shadow Black. A color I am familiar with since I have an F150 in Shadow Black. Now I am drawn to Antimatter Blue. I think it has black tones from a distance (something I happen to like) yet I sense it has jewel like tones up close due to the metallic paint. If I had to order my Bronco with color sight unseen, I would lean toward AMB and hope to be pleasantly surprised. How is that for being a trusting soul ready to have Ford take my money?!
I have the bouncies as well. Since we have time I'm trying to look at each color unbiased to see what I would think. Of course that adds to my unease about a choice.

618TRVLWILD

Big Bend
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Sasquatch 2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

That‘s Toyota’s Cactus Gray competitor. Outside a heavily rework photo, it looks like this.

1597175407889.jpeg

1597175497985.jpeg
Wow! Man I do love some Cactus Gray! I may be back to square one! ?? I really like that color a lot!!

BuzzyBud

First Name
TBD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I have the bouncies as well. Since we have time I'm trying to look at each color unbiased to see what I would think. Of course that adds to my unease about a choice.
The variable which keeps me up at night tends to be the additional parts. The roof, grille, mirror caps, beauty rings on the beadlock capable wheels, etc. Which are matte and which are gloss. Which are black and which are carbonized gray. For me, if I do not nail down my understanding of each piece, the over all appearance could look disjointed. In many ways Ford's approach with customizing our vehicles our way is excellent. However, we run the risk of having the end product look like a kindergartener's paint project.

Sponsored

Shirt8u1

Wildtrak
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I wanted to see how some of the colors looked in a more real setting, so I took my photoshop knowledge and tried to match the colors to the real life versions we've seen so far! I feel like these may be more representative of the acutal colors than Ford's current 360 viewer.

Area 51

Velocity Blue

Cactus Gray

Carbonized Gray

Iconic Silver

Oxford White

Race Red

Rapid Red

Antimatter Blue

Shadow Black

Cyber Orange (Original Picture)
Great Job
Looking good

2011pops

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt 2017 ram
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yes thanks for your time Broncie,, I have had rio red and race red with the last mustangs, so tend to go red. I do say that race red looks like it has a tint of orange at times it might be my favorite all around. The iconic silver however has my eye it looks constantly wet so that is a nice color for me. Of course everyone has their favorite have fun picking out your bronco color !

Last edited:

SasquashJP

Badlands
First Name
John-Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yukon Denali
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wanted to see how some of the colors looked in a more real setting, so I took my photoshop knowledge and tried to match the colors to the real life versions we've seen so far! I feel like these may be more representative of the acutal colors than Ford's current 360 viewer.

Area 51

Velocity Blue

Cactus Gray

Carbonized Gray

Iconic Silver

Oxford White

Race Red

Rapid Red

Antimatter Blue

Shadow Black

Cyber Orange (Original Picture)
Can you do the 4 door? Looks great

BroAD

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am so torn... if the Build & Price tool offers a white hard top, I might have to wait for the Velocity Blue like my son’s Bronco cake toy...

Ford Bronco Bronco Sasquatch 2-Door Simulated in Production Colors 1DE49806-26EA-464B-BCA8-2AE210D40471

If no white hard top, than Area 51 looks so nice.