Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This scenario is maybe complicated. 😁

I have a Base build date of 12/6. I'm thinking about putting on a set of stock 32" BD wheels and tires. If I were to put on stock Bilsteins, would I order non-SAS Badland shocks and BD springs?
If you use Badlands shocks, you need to use Badlands springs as well. You have to match the springs as close as you can to your configuration.
Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This scenario is maybe complicated. 😁

I have a Base build date of 12/6. I'm thinking about putting on a set of stock 32" BD wheels and tires. If I were to put on stock Bilsteins, would I order non-SAS Badland shocks and BD springs?
I would probably put the BL non-SAS Bilsteins and BL springs on it matched with your other engine/transmission/tow options. That's just me...

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Still waiting on the rear springs. Really wish they would come in. I want to do the Camburg trailing arms while I have the coilovers out since I have to cut the bolt by the gas tank.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Still waiting on the rear springs. Really wish they would come in. I want to do the Camburg trailing arms while I have the coilovers out since I have to cut the bolt by the gas tank.
n00b question, but I’ve never messed with suspension on a 4x4. What gains do you get with upgraded trailing arms if the geometry is staying similar?

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

n00b question, but I’ve never messed with suspension on a 4x4. What gains do you get with upgraded trailing arms if the geometry is staying similar?
Minimal gains, but I am replacing coilovers as well to get more articulation at the same time. The new trailing arms have uniball ends instead of the original hard rubber bushings that should allow more movement. It should allow both rear tires to remain in contact with the ground in spots that the original ones didn't. Honestly though, it's just a small piece of the puzzle to get more articulation.

Sponsored

goatman2

Badlands
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gandgautorepair.com
Vehicle(s)
F450, Jeep XJ, Porsche 911, 2dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That's a good question. The arm is stronger, which might be a benefit if the stock arm doesn't hold up well to rock crawling and being banged on rocks. Don't know if we have evidence of that yet. Not an issue if not in rocks much. The other benefit would be less resistance to articulation, like said above, over the rubber bushings. The negative of the uniballs over rubber bushings is noise and harshness, since the rubber does a good job of isolating road noise and feeling road irregularities and the the uniballs are going to transfer much more noise and vibration to the body. Also, when the uniballs wear out they will click on road irregularities and they will not last as long as rubber bushings in most driving conditions.

The other issue is the length. If an aftermarket lower control arm is slightly longer to correct rear diff pinion angle when the vehicle is lifted, then it will slightly lower the pinion angle if the vehicle is not lifted. Not enough data and experience yet to know how sensitive the Bronco is to rear driveline angles. With the CV style stock driveline it is most likely not an issue, but Ford and Spicer are already offering upgraded drivelines with conventional u-joints instead of the stock CV style driveline. This is the same as Jeep Wranglers, which also come with CV style drivelines and virtually all lifted Wranglers eventually change to u-joint style drivelines. U-joint style drivelines are subject to driveline u-joint angles to avoid driveline vibrations. This subject will be part of the learning curve on our new Broncos. The other thing that a longer lower control arm does is keep the wheel centered in the wheel well as the arm angle changes with lift height, which would also move the wheel back in the wheel well if there is no lift. Again, don't have info on how big a deal this would be.

Clubdub

Badlands
First Name
J.W.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 limited f150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a non squatched BL. is it possible to level it out with some Sasquatch front springs and shocks? A half squatch? Don’t really wanna use pucks.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have a non squatched BL. is it possible to level it out with some Sasquatch front springs and shocks? A half squatch? Don’t really wanna use pucks.
It would probably work just fine, but at a 4% articulation penalty.

Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Selling Sasquatch suspension take offs and tires/wheels if anyone interested? I’m in Georgetown, TX. Link to post I just created. Thanks, Chris
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/sasquatch-tires-wheels-suspension-for-sale-like-new.29723/
For the price this is a great deal for anyone with a 4 door.

Im still waiting on my rear springs ordered over a month ago. Ford says FedEx lost them. Probably in that ditch full of FedEx boxes.
I’ve got the Camburg trailing arms to put on at the same time. Figure I’ll do it all at once since I’ve got to cut one bolt. SawZall ready whenever all the parts get here.

2022 base

Base
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Chevy, 2004 Cooper S
Your Bronco Model
Base
I came across some take offs from BL and wish to fit them on 2022 base. Anyone see a fitment problem?

Spring part #MB3C-5310-ASA (front) #MB3C-5534-ANC (rear)
Shock part #MB3C-18045-RBJ (front) #MB3C-18080-RBK (rear)

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I came across some take offs from BL and wish to fit them on 2022 base. Anyone see a fitment problem?

Spring part #MB3C-5310-ASA (front) #MB3C-5534-ANC (rear)
Shock part #MB3C-18045-RBJ (front) #MB3C-18080-RBK (rear)
What are they coming off of and going on to?

Other than Badlands and Base

2D/4D
2.3/2.7
Manual/Auto
Tow/No Tow
Sasquatch/No-Sasquatch

It makes a difference.

2022 base

Base
First Name
john
Threads