Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Dumb question, but if i get a full set of badlands non sasquatch takeoff coilovers, will they bolt right up to my non sas black diamond?
Yes
Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Awesome thanks. That's my Plan with 33s on the stock steelies. Ive seen a couple full sets for sale for around 800 bucks.
It’s an easy swap. I’ll eventually go to something else once everything is actually available, but until then the Badlands coilovers have worked great in my BD.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Awesome thanks. That's my Plan with 33s on the stock steelies. Ive seen a couple full sets for sale for around 800 bucks.
You don't need to swap any parts for 33.5" on a +30 offset 17x9 rim, fits even with the crash bars installed.

Sponsored

richco1705

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Will the springs for 4 dr / 2.7 / no-tow work regardless of trim? I have an OBX that I am shopping springs for Bilstein 6100 and trying to determine if I could go with the more readily available springs for another trim if there is no difference in the sasquatch springs for OBX vs BL, BD, etc.

Redcobra

Outer Banks
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Expedition, 2020 Escape, 1970 Galaxie XL Conv
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Updated:

For Sasquatch suspension part numbers, see:
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/the-definitive-guide-to-2021-bronco-ride-lift-heights-with-wheel-tire-sizes.17719/

I ordered a non-sas BD. I'm considering just buying SAS springs and shocks from the parts dept to get that little lift and quality damper of the Bilsteins. Looking up the part numbers it's in the ballpark of $1300 which doesn't seem bad at all considering we are seeing leveling kits list for $400.

I'm interested to see who else goes this route and what else might be needed if anything.

Thoughts?

Edit: Here are the part numbers and prices, with sources to show the $$$.
SAS Front Damper - MB3Z-18124-K - $190.92/ea
https://www.tascaparts.com/oem-parts/ford-shock-absorber-assembly-mb3z18124k

SAS Rear Damper - MB3Z-18125-K - $211.75/ea
https://www.tascaparts.com/oem-parts/ford-shock-absorber-assembly-mb3z18125k

SAS Front Springs - MB3Z-5310-K* - $78.62/ea
https://www.tascaparts.com/oem-parts/ford-spring-front-mb3z5310k

SAS Rear Springs - MB3Z-5560-F* - $98.71/ea
https://www.tascaparts.com/oem-parts/ford-spring-coil-mb3z5560f

* - I do not know the spring code for a 4 door BD with 2.7 and SAS, so I just picked one. The others are similar in price.

Total = $1160

So less than I priced earlier though different sites. Add Tax and shipping and you are still around $1300. I'm sure some people still won't believe the numbers 🤷‍♂️

Thanks to @North7 for this guide where I got all the part numbers:

Anyone with a 4 Door Black Diamond, SAS and 2.7 please post up your spring code listed on your door jamb sticker.
Will the part numbers you listed work on my 2dr OBX 2.3 auto?

MoabRox

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two Jeep XJs, Dodge M880, Suburban 2500
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I started a new string but thought I'd post the results of my Sasquatch install here as well.

When I picked up my 2 Door Black Diamond today, I was expecting more height (up to 1.5"), but not way more height. I didn't measure it but it was at least 3" taller. It's now very unstable and I hear a grinding noise from the front. I researched like crazy on this Forum to make sure I was buying the right shocks and coils, and double checked before ordering. The parts I received matched. What the hell happened? How can I get 3+ inches of lift? Here's what I bought for my 2 door, 2.3, Auto with Tow Black Diamond. The only thing I can think of is that I bought the wrong coils.
Ford Bronco Bronco Sasquatch suspension parts (shocks & springs) price quoted at $1300 from dealer parts department 1661048193706

Can anyone with a similarly setup 2 Door Sasquatch Black Diamond or Badland confirm the coil part numbers for me? Any other ideas what went wrong?
Right now it's undrivable and I'll probably tell the shop to reinstall the original suspension. Not sure what else I can do.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I started a new string but thought I'd post the results of my Sasquatch install here as well.

When I picked up my 2 Door Black Diamond today, I was expecting more height (up to 1.5"), but not way more height. I didn't measure it but it was at least 3" taller. It's now very unstable and I hear a grinding noise from the front. I researched like crazy on this Forum to make sure I was buying the right shocks and coils, and double checked before ordering. The parts I received matched. What the hell happened? How can I get 3+ inches of lift? Here's what I bought for my 2 door, 2.3, Auto with Tow Black Diamond. The only thing I can think of is that I bought the wrong coils.
1661048193706.png

Can anyone with a similarly setup 2 Door Sasquatch Black Diamond or Badland confirm the coil part numbers for me? Any other ideas what went wrong?
Right now it's undrivable and I'll probably tell the shop to reinstall the original suspension. Not sure what else I can do.
I am pretty sure that you have the wrong coils, my stock OBX is running the M up front for sure (2.7 2 door Hitachi shocks).

My OBX non-Sasquatch came with
MB3Z-5310-M
MB3Z-5560-D

2 Door OBX Sasquatch Example
MB3Z-5310-F
MB3Z-5560-F

2 door Badlands non-Sasquatch
MB3Z-5310-K
MB3Z-5560-F

Attachments

Last edited:

T0mack

Black Diamond
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond 2.7L AT MIC
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
@Bigmoose You're running those parts/part numbers from your OP on a 2.7L 4 door Black Diamond?

If so, how has the ride been on and off road?

I picked up some Bilstein 6100s for shocks and plan on using the Sasquatch springs and bump stops on them, but I'm having a hard time finding the right part #s. The OEM Ford websites either have conflicting information or copy/paste info from each other.

Sponsored

Letagoavs710

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The entire setup is $1,300 for all 4 corners?! Holy crap that’s cheap lol, way cheaper than i would have guessed! My Mojave Fox shocks are $1,500 per corner 😂

OP
OP
Bigmoose

Bigmoose

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Flex Ecoboost Limited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Bigmoose You're running those parts/part numbers from your OP on a 2.7L 4 door Black Diamond?

If so, how has the ride been on and off road?

I picked up some Bilstein 6100s for shocks and plan on using the Sasquatch springs and bump stops on them, but I'm having a hard time finding the right part #s. The OEM Ford websites either have conflicting information or copy/paste info from each other.
The whole setup, sasquatch coilovers, with sasq wheels/tires had been a very nice improvement in both comfort and capability compared to my non-sasq BD.

T0mack

Black Diamond
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond 2.7L AT MIC
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hell yeah! Love to hear it.

@Bigmoose Just to confirm, does your setup on a 4 door 2.7L Black Diamond use these part numbers for springs below?

MB3Z-5310-K (Front)
MB3Z-5560-F (Rear)

I ask, because when I check out Ford OEM reseller sites like this, they mention that MB3Z-5310-K is Non-Sasquatch.

Then when I compare these part numbers to this table (attached) from this post, they're different in both the Front and Rear for a 4 Door with 2.7L and no tow.

I'm confused as shit.

Ford Bronco Bronco Sasquatch suspension parts (shocks & springs) price quoted at $1300 from dealer parts department parts

OP
OP
Bigmoose

Bigmoose

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Flex Ecoboost Limited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hell yeah! Love to hear it.

@Bigmoose Just to confirm, does your setup on a 4 door 2.7L Black Diamond use these part numbers for springs below?

MB3Z-5310-K (Front)
MB3Z-5560-F (Rear)

I ask, because when I check out Ford OEM reseller sites like this, they mention that MB3Z-5310-K is Non-Sasquatch.

Then when I compare these part numbers to this table (attached) from this post, they're different in both the Front and Rear for a 4 Door with 2.7L and no tow.

I'm confused as shit.

Ford Bronco Bronco Sasquatch suspension parts (shocks & springs) price quoted at $1300 from dealer parts department parts
So for my setup I found a take off set of fully assembled coilovers. I do question which vehicle they came off of. My front springs are code X and rears are F. I just climbed under and checked my spring tags.

My Friend Flicka

Black Diamond
First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Diamond Bronco, Acura, Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ideally, you'd want to match the takeoffs to your build (2d/4d, 2.3/2.7, AT/MT, tow/no tow). However, I installed a set of 2d non-SAS BL takeoffs on my 4d BD. They worked just fine. But, I wanted a bit more lift, so I scored a set of SAS takeoffs from a 4d 2.7. After everything settled from the installation, it now sits almost even with the back with the added weight in the front.
The whole setup, sasquatch coilovers, with sasq wheels/tires had been a very nice improvement in both comfort and capability compared to my non-sasq BD.
Did you need to change the control arms at all or were you fine sticking with what you had? The reason I asked is because I have a 2.3 2 door Black Diamond non-SAS and I got take-offs from a 2.7 4 door Badlands like you. I got upper control arms and a rear track bar and trailing arms from the Badlands and I swapped those too. I think I messed up 🤷‍♂️ The rear came out fine but I now have positive camber up front and I think it’s from changing those upper control arms…….
Sponsored