Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F150 Lariat, '04 F150 Lariat, '73 F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

That's pretty close to where I ended up.
Problem I have now is I added my Westin XTS bumper with winch and front dropped to about 38-5/8”. I was almost perfect level and now back to about 1-1/2 rake. I want to get back to this measurement and thinking about either eibach coils or rpg perch collar. Thoughts? Right now I don’t have the winch on and sitting right at 38-7/8” in the front with the XTS installed.
Sponsored

rguest3

Badlands
First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-350, F-450, 2022 Bronco, (2) 77 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a Fresh Take Off set of the Sasquatch Suspension listed for $800.

Rwarthur

Black Diamond
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Toyota Gr 86, 2020 Honda Civic Si, 2007 Honda
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ok, I read the forum but I am in need of some clarification. I was about to buy some sasquatch shocks from a 4 door and put them on my 2 door BD. I was going to swap over the springs and top hats.
The part numbers from the 2 door and 4 door sasquatch shocks have different part numbers for the front. Is the valving different, the spring perch in a different position?
Thank you in advance.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Problem I have now is I added my Westin XTS bumper with winch and front dropped to about 38-5/8”. I was almost perfect level and now back to about 1-1/2 rake. I want to get back to this measurement and thinking about either eibach coils or rpg perch collar. Thoughts? Right now I don’t have the winch on and sitting right at 38-7/8” in the front with the XTS installed.
I think that either is a good choice, adding preload is essentially the same as adding heavier coils, but may limit upward travel, but perch collars are cheaper.

Clint Callahan

Black Diamond
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Toyota Tundra Rock Warrior Edition
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Damn you make it seem so easy! I have been scouring this thread for the better part of a year. Yesterday, I found someone asking ONLY $250 for their badlands squatch set up (even including the track bar) but you know the deal… I have a 2.3 big bend 2 door and this comes off a 2.7 4 door badlands 🤦🏻‍♂️
At that price, I’m so close to just doing it and crossing my fingers but I feel like I will be hosed. Will I be screwed?

To recap, I got a base Black Diamond with the standard suspension. I ordered the Badlands Bilstein shocks and springs and installed myself. It was very easy to do. The only thing that would have made it faster and easier is if the coilovers came preassembled. I reused the top hats and hardware from my stock coilovers. These springs aren't the type most people should try to compress at home, so you are going to pay a shop to disassemble and reassemble them for you.

I gained right at one inch in height over stock. We'll see where that is in a month or so. I expect some settling but will still have 3/4 inch increase in clearance, as well as more travel.

As far as best bang for the buck, this is it. A real suspension upgrade in ride and performance for $1300 total. I expect I will upgrade again in a year or two when there are far more options and more competition for pricing. Until then, this seems to me to be the best option for me.

If you have any trim with the non Bilstein suspension, this is an easy upgrade that will give you an increase in performance, not just lift, at a very reasonable price. If I had a Base trim, this would be my first mod.

I also installed the Camburg rear trailing arms while I was under there.

454C004B-65D6-47F3-8C51-A5BE75A5B506.jpeg
To recap, I got a base Black Diamond with the standard suspension. I ordered the Badlands Bilstein shocks and springs and installed myself. It was very easy to do. The only thing that would have made it faster and easier is if the coilovers came preassembled. I reused the top hats and hardware from my stock coilovers. These springs aren't the type most people should try to compress at home, so you are going to pay a shop to disassemble and reassemble them for you.

I gained right at one inch in height over stock. We'll see where that is in a month or so. I expect some settling but will still have 3/4 inch increase in clearance, as well as more travel.

As far as best bang for the buck, this is it. A real suspension upgrade in ride and performance for $1300 total. I expect I will upgrade again in a year or two when there are far more options and more competition for pricing. Until then, this seems to me to be the best option for me.

If you have any trim with the non Bilstein suspension, this is an easy upgrade that will give you an increase in performance, not just lift, at a very reasonable price. If I had a Base trim, this would be my first mod.

I also installed the Camburg rear trailing arms while I was under there.

454C004B-65D6-47F3-8C51-A5BE75A5B506.jpeg

Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Damn you make it seem so easy! I have been scouring this thread for the better part of a year. Yesterday, I found someone asking ONLY $250 for their badlands squatch set up (even including the track bar) but you know the deal… I have a 2.3 big bend 2 door and this comes off a 2.7 4 door badlands 🤦🏻‍♂️
At that price, I’m so close to just doing it and crossing my fingers but I feel like I will be hosed. Will I be screwed?
Personally, I would do it for $250, I doubt you would be disappointed. Just a thought, if you are going to be adding accessories (winch, roof top tents, etc) you would benefit from the heavier springs anyway.

pwork

Black Diamond
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GTI/Sportwagen/Frontier
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Shoutout to all that have contributed to this thread, appreciate sharing all the knowledge!

Another data point. 4D BD 2.3 7MT. Yesterday I threw on 4D 2.7 BL SAS coilover takeoffs (+250lbs front axle weight) and am sitting about 1/2" high in the front compared to the rear. Expect it'll settle a bit and waiting to see what the alignment will do as I have a bit of negative camber as well.

Haven't had it offroad yet, but on rough oil and chip around the house it is a substantial improvement in ride quality (combined with SAS takeoff wheels/tires). Really notice an improvement with bigger hits and drops, but pleasantly surprised about how much small bump improved as well. Not sold on the tires as they are louder and seem to be a harder compound than the generals.

Also a note to those on the fence about doing it yourself. I'm fairly handy w/ a wrench, but was nervous about tackling this solo w/o a lift. No reason to be, I had it knocked out in less than 5 hrs and could do it in an hour or two less with the lessons learned. Do the research, have the right size tools (and beer) on hand and give it a shot.

PXL_20230128_213459211.jpg

PXL_20230122_215254382.jpg

danimalbronco

Base
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Base 4 Door Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Shoutout to all that have contributed to this thread, appreciate sharing all the knowledge!

Another data point. 4D BD 2.3 7MT. Yesterday I threw on 4D 2.7 BL SAS coilover takeoffs (+250lbs front axle weight) and am sitting about 1/2" high in the front compared to the rear. Expect it'll settle a bit and waiting to see what the alignment will do as I have a bit of negative camber as well.

Haven't had it offroad yet, but on rough oil and chip around the house it is a substantial improvement in ride quality (combined with SAS takeoff wheels/tires). Really notice an improvement with bigger hits and drops, but pleasantly surprised about how much small bump improved as well. Not sold on the tires as they are louder and seem to be a harder compound than the generals.

Also a note to those on the fence about doing it yourself. I'm fairly handy w/ a wrench, but was nervous about tackling this solo w/o a lift. No reason to be, I had it knocked out in less than 5 hrs and could do it in an hour or two less with the lessons learned. Do the research, have the right size tools (and beer) on hand and give it a shot.

Ford Bronco Bronco Sasquatch suspension parts (shocks & springs) price quoted at $1300 from dealer parts department PXL_20230122_215254382

Ford Bronco Bronco Sasquatch suspension parts (shocks & springs) price quoted at $1300 from dealer parts department PXL_20230122_215254382
Just did this myself and have significant positive camber, not negative…curious what adjustments you made to make it negative as I seem to have maxed out the ecentric cams and still have positive camber…

pwork

Black Diamond
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GTI/Sportwagen/Frontier
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sorry had it backwards, yes, have positive camber (top of tires wider than bottom). Have an appt to get aligned. I elected not to try to get it closer myself.

Gomezstx

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

I would expect that the 2.7 sasquatch suspension has a heavier spring selected for the weight of the 2.7 plus automatic transmission. What I did not expect to hear though is the front sitting higher because on the sasquatch it sits lower than the back (about 1 inch). If you add winch weight off course that would bring the front down. I'm waiting on a badlands 7MT so I will be lifting as well for 35's. Listening to everyone's feedback to hopefully get the correct perch / spring combination picked to not have higher front. Adjustable coil overs obviously the easy way. But hoping to make the badlands bilstien's work

Sponsored

pwork

Black Diamond
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GTI/Sportwagen/Frontier
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I would expect that the 2.7 sasquatch suspension has a heavier spring selected for the weight of the 2.7 plus automatic transmission. What I did not expect to hear though is the front sitting higher because on the sasquatch it sits lower than the back (about 1 inch). If you add winch weight off course that would bring the front down. I'm waiting on a badlands 7MT so I will be lifting as well for 35's. Listening to everyone's feedback to hopefully get the correct perch / spring combination picked to not have higher front. Adjustable coil overs obviously the easy way. But hoping to make the badlands bilstien's work
Exactly, its about 250lb front axle difference. Doubt I get a winch but may throw some I may throw some small spacers (similar to the rough country level lift) in the rear as I often have a heavy bike rack on the back(Kuat Piston) and want to avoid the squat if possible.

Just did this myself and have significant positive camber, not negative…curious what adjustments you made to make it negative as I seem to have maxed out the ecentric cams and still have positive camber…
I didn't mess w/ attempting to dial out the camber...let my local shop align it yesterday and all corners are now within spec. After the alignment and settling, it is sitting perfectly level now with 6.5" clearance between top of tire and bottom of fender (non-squash fender) at all 4 corners.

I also have a set of Non-SAS takeoffs from a 2.3 that was going to throw on there. However, I elected to go this route first from the advice of @kodiacisland...it was worth the shot first and like the ride and look. I had mild reservations of mixing the non-sas fenders and shocks with 35s due to the extra travel/articulation. Not convinced I'd ever have an issue but didn't want to experiment.

Eroc88

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ive been looking for SAS take offs with no luck. Does anyone know the part numbers on a 2022 SAS front and rear coil overs. I believe they changed the part numbers for 22 which I can't seem to find. Plan on just ordering a set.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ive been looking for SAS take offs with no luck. Does anyone know the part numbers on a 2022 SAS front and rear coil overs. I believe they changed the part numbers for 22 which I can't seem to find. Plan on just ordering a set.
Dumb question on my part but if you're profile is correct and you're getting a BL, why spend the $$ on SAS? BL is nearly identical to SAS shocks. My next BL is probably going to get the Ford Performance shock kit which also gives you about 2" of lift and cost is about the same or less than doing a SAS.

Not trying to talk you out of doing this, just wanted to know why since there isn't much if any gain in ride or height vs. cost to do.

SROC3

Big Bend
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2022
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I would do without the stock springs and go my route. I got the Eibach Pro Lift Kit (springs only) that perfectly match the SAS Bilsteins. The difference in ride quality is amazing - both on and off road. I was supposed to get KINGs but decided to opt for this ($450). SO WORTH IT. I even have a winch up front and it works just fine. Here is a link to my review on the springs, as part of my build (if you scroll all the way down you'll see the lift:
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...programming-and-more-pics.59736/#post-1686596

Eroc88

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dumb question on my part but if you're profile is correct and you're getting a BL, why spend the $$ on SAS? BL is nearly identical to SAS shocks. My next BL is probably going to get the Ford Performance shock kit which also gives you about 2" of lift and cost is about the same or less than doing a SAS.

Not trying to talk you out of doing this, just wanted to know why since there isn't much if any gain in ride or height vs. cost to do.
Yes I own a BL and the only reason is so that I can fit 35s. Being that I already have the hoss suspension, i havent seen any good options for leveling kits. I would have to look into ford performance shocks.
Sponsored