AARON
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco Bronco scheduling this week 3/23/23 is "limited horizon" = cleanup scheduling 1679414413651

From @RagnarKon on what "limited horizon" means:

It's a term regularly used in manufacturing... you can search "rolling horizon algorithm" if you really want to dig into the weeds on it. It's also used in many other aspects of technology/logistics... computer processor scheduling (which is why I'm familiar with it), construction equipment scheduling, etc. etc.
But if you don't want to earn a degree in manufacturing today... it's effectively cleanup scheduling.
STATS UPDATE:

Roughly 15k orders are yet to be scheduled.

~27% WT
~20% BL
~20% 2 DR
~52% SAS
~60% LUX

Saying SHOULD b/c who really knows, what will happen between now and October!

WT- about 50% should be built.
2 DR - about 90% should be built.
SAS- < 75%
LUX - 60%

Best/most current forecast/estimate of what will(should) be scheduled for 23MY. This will/can change weekly, based on what commodities are actually available.

Of course, the likeliness of getting scheduled, is still based on how many allocations your select dealership has remaining.
Sponsored

The Bronc

Badlands
First Name
MJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Xterra; 04 Element; 06 Sentra; 10 Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is the first time I have seen "limited horizon". What does this mean?

Dantastic

Outer Banks
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
OBX Sas Bronco, Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

idk either ... but it doesn't make me feel confident in getting scheduled before the flood gates of new orders roll in on 3/27.

The Bronc

Badlands
First Name
MJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

idk either ... but it doesn't make me feel confident in getting scheduled before the flood gates of new orders roll in on 3/27.
My concern exactly!

KompressorV12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's a term regularly used in manufacturing... you can search "rolling horizon algorithm" if you really want to dig into the weeds on it. It's also used in many other aspects of technology/logistics... computer processor scheduling (which is why I'm familiar with it), construction equipment scheduling, etc. etc.

But if you don't want to earn a degree in manufacturing today... it's effectively cleanup scheduling.

Fordgirl2003

Wildtrak
First Name
Misty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Superduty
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Thank you!

The Bronc

Badlands
First Name
MJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's a term regularly used in manufacturing... you can search "rolling horizon algorithm" if you really want to dig into the weeds on it.

Thanks! That is a huge disappointment! BTW, you did a great job on your YT video explaining your build and various trims.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks! That is a huge disappointment! BTW, you did a great job on your YT video explaining your build and various trims.
Thank you! Appreciate that.

Unfortunately... since Ford isn't taking orders for manual transmission, that video is now dead-on-arrival. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't pissed about it yesterday. 🤬

For others who are curious, here is the video. Unfortunately, it serves no purpose now, so it'll remain forever in an unlisted state.

Last edited:

Treich

Black Diamond
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, F250
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Sounds like a nice way of saying those still waiting enjoy getting bumped by the new 2023 higher base priced orders, we'll get to you when we can.

Sponsored

The Bronc

Badlands
First Name
MJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thank you! Appreciate that.

Unfortunately... since Ford isn't taking orders for manual transmission, that video is now dead-on-arrival. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't pissed about it yesterday. 🤬

For others who are curious, here is the video. Unfortunately, it serves no purpose now, so it'll remain forever in an unlisted state.
I disagree…there is a purpose for those seeking a manual whether dealer stock or used. I love your passion for the manual. Leave it listed!

OP
OP
Alpha1_Silverback

Alpha1_Silverback

Badlands
First Name
AARON
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Orders are still going to prioritized based on 1. Dealer Allocation 2. time stamp 3.commodity constraints.
Old orders will be prioritized, if the build falls into what commodities are available.

Miltyflo

Outer Banks
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Sounds like a nice way of saying those still waiting enjoy getting bumped by the new 2023 higher base priced orders, we'll get to you when we can.
And since they are allowing the constraints to be ordered you will also get bumped by people with the same build at different dealers because they have allocations. Welcome to the sh..show

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

And since they are allowing the constraints to be ordered you will also get bumped by people with the same build at different dealers because they have allocations. Welcome to the sh..show
That's why your dealer selection is massively important. If you get a dealer that is ordering within their means you have a good chance at getting your vehicle this year. If you have a dealer that doesn't care and just lets you order whatever... then you're probably screwed.

Unfortunately we as customers don't have the tools to know which dealers are smart about their ordering and which aren't. Which goes back to what @flip was saying earlier in another thread about making the allocations public to some degree rather than having it remain confidential information.

Treich

Black Diamond
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, F250
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Oh ya original order date was Oct 2021 and nada. Been holding out and tired of seeing exact copies of my Bdalands build all over the internet yet nothing on mine. Will not be surprised at all to still see brand new orders built before mine.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.