"Bronco Scout" Trademarked by Ford - Baby Bronco or 2021 Bronco Trim?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BroncoRevital

Badlands
First Name
Zak
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma, past; 94 FB, 86 FB, 84 Bronco2
Clubs

Huh very interesting. I have always respected the International Scout and see it as the godfather of the off-road SUV's.

However, I do hope this is for the Baby Bronco. I think the Bronco name stands strong on it's own and the Bronco IMO was better off-road. If it's a trim Id be happy with that too as I wouldn't mind Ford giving a nod to Scout. Now as a performance name I feel that would be odd and counter productive.

Advertisement

csusza2000

First Name
Laszlo
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
@ Husker

oooops, I didn't even know that you had a car called Nomad. Well here in Transylvania we could not see the complete US car model range of the XXth XXIst century, just a small % of US spec. models are imported here. Nevertheless I would probably put the Nomad decals on the Bronco if I get to buy one :giggle:

41fordman

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 F250, 77 XL; 51 Tudor; 50 F1; 41PU; 40 Coupe
Bronco Stallion
Bronco Pony
Bronco Colt

Not sure about Bronco Scout

BHShaman

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Highlander
I like the term Scout as a comparable to the Raptor. It brings to mind: being out front, able to cross any terrain, and adaptable. Scout as the Bronco Raptor equivalent would give that package punch.

C2C1

Black Diamond
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Escape
Clubs

However, I do hope this is for the Baby Bronco. I think the Bronco name stands strong on it's own and the Bronco IMO was better off-road. If it's a trim Id be happy with that too as I wouldn't mind Ford giving a nod to Scout. Now as a performance name I feel that would be odd and counter productive.
From reading BlueOval I believe Scout has recently replaced Maverick with respect to the Baby Bronco as Maverick did not fare well in focus groups.

Bronco II

Black Diamond
First Name
Doc
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost50 Year Appearance Package
I found this Nomad while Pheasant hunting a few years ago & was able to purchase it from the Farmer who had it in his field. I'm pretty sure Chevy (GM) has the NOMAD name locked up.
IMG_E1654.JPG

IMG_E0177.JPG

Drop a Coyote down in it :like:

BroncoRevital

Badlands
First Name
Zak
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma, past; 94 FB, 86 FB, 84 Bronco2
Clubs

From reading BlueOval I believe Scout has recently replaced Maverick with respect to the Baby Bronco as Maverick did not fare well in focus groups.
That's too bad I like the idea of naming the Baby Bronco, Maverick.

HTX1811

First Edition
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SXT 4x4
Bronco Scout. The fully loaded, go exploring (Scouting) optioned out Bronco. The equivalent to the F-150 top dog Ford Raptor????

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk

Midnight Blue

Base
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 Accord
The filing, assigned serial number 88386362, was abandoned on September 9th, 2019.

Good riddance. Now they just need to stop calling it 'Bronco' anything all together and give it its own name, like Maverick or whatever.

http://fordauthority.com/2019/09/ford-abandons-trademark-application-for-bronco-scout/

That article makes it seem like they’re def sticking with Bronco-something for the baby. It doesn’t bother me either way what they call it, I just wish they went with full- and mid-size instead of mid and smaller.

....Maybe the baby does tarnish the brand, idk.

vr00m_vr00m

Base
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Corolla, 93 G20, 87 Bronco II
Clubs

Advertisement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Advertisement