First Name
Shon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
32 Ford
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
So this annoys me but I think I have an idea to remedy. Here’s the issue with the top off the back seatbelts slap the roll cage. Personally I think Ford could have made a plastic piece to hide the seat belt up the cage to remedy. I can’t understand how they didn’t notice this in testing because it is annoying AF!!! My thought is to find like a 1/2 inch thick 1 inch square rubber sticker and stick that to the roll bar to stop the slap.

07726CD9-2895-4998-85BE-604B3511A4A0.jpeg
Sponsored

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
Moonbeam👀
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base
Last edited:
OP
OP
Smuck

Smuck

First Edition
First Name
Shon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
32 Ford
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
Moonbeam👀
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base
Try it! Only thing about adding more mass to the belt is adding more wind resistance~ greater flap. But might quell the sound.

Another thing, with moving parts on paint usually doesn't end well. I'd probably strap it down first, unless they are in use. Velcro straps are my go to lately.

Click them in and see if still flap with tension on belt

If in use and flapping then go to plan B.

I really like the simplicity of the belt hang and personally try to keep from adding too much unless necessary

Try that Google link. Jeep has same problem, no need to reinvent the wheel

E.g. https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/stock-jk-tech-12/slapping-seatbelt-w-top-down-solved-147203/

BD1

Badlands
First Name
BD1
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So this annoys me but I think I have an idea to remedy. Here’s the issue with the top off the back seatbelts slap the roll cage. Personally I think Ford could have made a plastic piece to hide the seat belt up the cage to remedy. I can’t understand how they didn’t notice this in testing because it is annoying AF!!! My thought is to find like a 1/2 inch thick 1 inch square rubber sticker and stick that to the roll bar to stop the slap.

Ford Bronco Bronco seat belt design flaw 383758872_8c43fdcb97_z
All my Jeeps did the same.....just get some velcro cinch straps and wrap it around it when the top is down. Something like this:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08MZYWQ3...pY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU&th=1

Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Velcro strap = done

Suppose if time is the enemy, a bungee ball would also work.

2021 and humans lost the ability to solve their own problems. This doesn't bode well for us as a species.

OP
OP
Smuck

Smuck

First Edition
First Name
Shon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
32 Ford
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
That is cool. The issue is the strap leading up not the buckle it sounds like a belt whip from your grandpa after you broke something. It’s just an inch from the roll bar and just constantly cracks against it. Velcro strips could work but first I thing I will try this
Black Tall Square Adhesive Rubber Bumper Pads - Made in USA – Rubber Feet for Speakers, Electronics, Furniture, Appliances, Audio Equipment - 20 Pieces
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07WDDB7SD/ref=cm_sw_r_awdo_navT_a_67XHYK3FN0H2Q84KP2M1

Last edited:

Phil

Raptor
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3 LR
Your Bronco Model
Raptor

Ford Bronco Bronco seat belt design flaw 383758872_8c43fdcb97_z
try one these around the roll bar and seatbelt

Ford Bronco Bronco seat belt design flaw 1636745365008

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Strong magnet

Sponsored

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

07726CD9-2895-4998-85BE-604B3511A4A0.jpeg
You mean the actual buckle? Or just wind/belt flutter?

OP
OP
Smuck

Smuck

First Edition
First Name
Shon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
32 Ford
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
You mean the actual buckle? Or just wind/belt flutter?
The belt is so close to the roll bar I think it’s slapping it. I could just be belt flutter I guess…. It happens regardless if the seatbelts being clipped in or not.

Reenmachine

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford F-150, 2019 Jeep JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My experience with four Jeep wranglers the first being an 05 LJ. On the LJ I tried zip ties. It worked but then a couple weeks later I noticed that it was fraying the seatbelt so I took them off and simply buckled them. Worked enough to get me home a couple hours without losing my mind. Ending up trading for a Jk Unlimited and found buckling the back seats worked pretty well with the second row doors blocking a lot of the side wind. I did use a Velcro strap against the side of the seat belt that was against the bar. Carried on the the second JKU. On current JL rubicon I tried buckling the seatbelts but found I had to Velcro strap the seatbelt to the bar. With that being a two door. My Bronco should be here in two to three weeks but I’ve got snow already so it will be several months before a top off voyage. Velcro strap seems to work the best.

BrentC

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Sport, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does it happen in both 2 and 4-doors?

Boston182