Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F350XLT,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ill make this short.
I know im not the first either
3 years ago I ordered a 4 door Bronco badlands with hard top, sasquatch package , modular bumper midd package, 2.7 L engine, 10spd trans, eruption green, and marine grade interior. nothing over the top.
Obviously the order had a lot of "constraints" to it.
so it finally shows up at the dealership but it is without the sasquatch package.
ordered what I wanted and for the price of these Broncos and time waiting I want what I ordered.
the dealerships salesman had absolutely zero s**ts to give about it. He told me to take it or leave it, they'll sell it fast. he said it wasn't his fault or problem. He told me he had 3 others going in exactly spec'd like mine was supposed to be but those were already spoken for. He would not communicate with FoMoCo he would not speak with any higher ups at Phil Long Ford.
he would not negotiate anything.
he did say i could order another on after August 14th.
I was / am furious
I waited 3 years for a bronco to show up thats configured like darn near every unsold bronco on a car lot.
So I called FoMoCo customer support and lodged a complaint about it. I figured nothing would happen but got to b**ch to someone about it.
I did learn calling and having the vin# for my build was very helpful. the reps research revealed that
"my Bronco" build was in fact changed to remove the sasquatch package to ensure a build on 9/9/22.
the rep said it could have been the dealership.
regardless the Bronco was built to match the modified build order.
As of 4:43pm 7/21/23 Colorado time a level 2 inquiry has been opened for my complaint.
I was advised to seek out a different dealership.
I doubt anything will come of it.
does anyone have any insight on this kind of situation?
or am I just starting over, buying used( beat), or looking at another brand?
Sponsored

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sorry to hear that - that sucks.

I‘d recommend looking for a similar build on a lot that’s new (or used). Probably your quickest solution.

Function_7

Outer Banks
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just my Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Since you ordered a Badlands, you’re not missing much from the Sasquatch—you still have all the lockers and even a sway bar disco. Take the truck, slap some 35s on it and call it a day.
that’s a better option than a beat or overpriced used Bronco, IMO.

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

"my Bronco" build was in fact changed to remove the sasquatch package to ensure a build on 9/9/22.
the rep said it could have been the dealership.
Most likely was not the dealership. There are countless people from back then that had their Sasquatch package automatically removed when rolling over to a 2023. When you went in and redid your order for 2023, should have checked the DORA to be sure it was correct before signing. Not much you can do now and there is nothing that Ford will do since it's not really their fault.

What you could do is take the Bronco, provided the dealer gives you all of your price protection, and then reorder and trade it in when the new one gets here. Probably close to $10k off in PP would help offset the new one provided the old one holds its value.

OP
OP

1OLDFORDGUY

Badlands
First Name
JAKE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F350XLT,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Since you ordered a Badlands, you’re not missing much from the Sasquatch—you still have all the lockers and even a sway bar disco. Take the truck, slap some 35s on it and call it a day.
that’s a better option than a beat or overpriced used Bronco, IMO.

don't forget the final gear ratios( ring and pinions) are lower/ higher numerically and some other components are spec'd different

Sponsored
OP
OP

1OLDFORDGUY

Badlands
First Name
JAKE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F350XLT,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Most likely was not the dealership. There are countless people from back then that had their Sasquatch package automatically removed when rolling over to a 2023. When you went in and redid your order for 2023, should have checked the DORA to be sure it was correct before signing. Not much you can do now and there is nothing that Ford will do since it's not really their fault.

What you could do is take the Bronco, provided the dealer gives you all of your price protection, and then reorder and trade it in when the new one gets here. Probably close to $10k off in PP would help offset the new one provided the old one holds its value.

Good points.
I have all the paperwork and I did go back through and the everything including the sasquatch package is on the reorder. the only place it isn't the same as the original build is the window sticker and the actual vehicle.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A three year old “ order” didn’t start out Eruption green since that color wasn’t an initial option. Obviously your order was one of the “ reorders” and somewhere along the line you got screwed. However, I think you made out. You wont get charged for the Sasquatch package but you can take ownership of the BL, and at your leisure add a lift, wheels and 35 inch tires of your choice. No doubt it will come out less expensive and it will be unique to your liking after you add the components. I would take the Bronco without a second thought. Good luck and I hope you enjoy your BL.

OP
OP

1OLDFORDGUY

Badlands
First Name
JAKE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F350XLT,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sorry to hear that - that sucks.

I‘d recommend looking for a similar build on a lot that’s new (or used). Probably your quickest solution.

THE SEARCH IS ON!!!

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Good points.
I have all the paperwork and I did go back through and the everything including the sasquatch package is on the reorder. the only place it isn't the same as the original build is the window sticker and the actual vehicle.
If it was removed on 9/9/22, that was before you could reorder for 2023. So when the reorder happened, that is the DORA you needed to check. Should of shown as removed at that time just like hundreds of others.

lapazleo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

don't forget the final gear ratios( ring and pinions) are lower/ higher numerically and some other components are spec'd different
4.46 non sas with auto vs 4.70 with sas hardly noticable with the 2.7. Sas is .47 inches higher but with 1/2 inch bump stop to keep 35s out of fenders and wider fender flares on the sas. Everything else is the same.

Sponsored

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
4.46 non sas with auto vs 4.70 with sas hardly noticable with the 2.7. Sas is .47 inches higher but with 1/2 inch bump stop to keep 35s out of fenders and wider fender flares on the sas. Everything else is the same.
Exactly. Here we have my two door non Sasquatch BL next to a four door BL with Sasquatch . Barely noticeable height difference.

PXL_20220827_132206011.jpeg

Bronc6g22

Badlands
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 6, Tacoma TRDOR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If the Badlands is otherwise everything you wanted: Pop some 35s on it with better tires (than SAS) and call it good!

Ford Bronco bronco showed up squatchless 20230501_142501

BuckYeah

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm very sorry to hear what you've gone through. Very frustrating. When I reordered my Bronco in late September 2022 (originally ordered in November 2021), I noticed that despite requesting the Sasquatch Package, it did not appear on the preview order. I asked my salesman to add it and he revised the order on the spot. For some reason, the Sasquatch Package had been omitted from my order. I was lucky I noticed that it hadn't been added. The cost difference immediately caught my attention!

The only change I made to my order was to drop the Tow Package. I didn't really need it since all I ever intended to do was hang a couple of bikes on the trailer hitch. Three days later, my order was scheduled and three and a half months later, my Bronco was delivered exactly as I ordered it.

Perhaps when converting your order over from one year to the next, the Sasquatch Package was inadvertently omitted like mine was. I guess no one noticed it at the time. Why would anyone? It should have been carried over! In any case, the omission resulted in you getting a vehicle configuration you clearly did want. I empathize with you. I hope your search yields results sooner than later.

SS Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Shayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco , F600, F5, LJ20
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Have the exact build but with Sasquatch. Only thing your really giving up is the 4.7 gears. Tires, flares, suspension and, bumpers most people swap out anyways. If you really need it , message me I have it storage.
Sponsored