Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands,Sas, 4dr, Soft Top, Rapid Red
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It happened! Up here in Seattle this is a common concern but I didn't think it would happen to me. Getting ready to leave for work yesterday morning and I find my Bronco where I left it but there's some glass on the ground. I also own the Subaru which is why I'm parked so close but I was desperately hoping the glass belonged to the Subaru.

Ford Bronco Bronco smash and grab [CLOSED DUE TO POLITICS] 20211223_083448~2

Unfortunately it did not. They smashed the passenger glass, went through the glove box and anywhere else they thought I might have something hidden. They made off with a few things but most of all, they got my spirit. This ruined me.

Ford Bronco Bronco smash and grab [CLOSED DUE TO POLITICS] 20211223_083616
Ford Bronco Bronco smash and grab [CLOSED DUE TO POLITICS] 20211223_083812

Here's the thing. Like an idiot I left some of my gear from my last trip in the back. They bypassed beer, compressor, air down kit, jet boil, plenty of hand tools, parka, and other seemingly useful equipment and took a empty duffle bag from the back.

All morning I was asking myself, why couldn't they just be decent enough people to just cut a back panel or better yet just remove the damn thing. I was so pissed but after spending hours trying to figure out all the insurance I had to get to work and get somewhere to vacuum out all the glass. While driving to work I noticed one more thing. Not only did they smash the glass but they actually did cut the rear panel..

Ford Bronco Bronco smash and grab [CLOSED DUE TO POLITICS] 20211223_122930

My family is happy and healthy and I can replace most of what was taken so I'll try really hard to not let this bring me down this weekend but this was not the way I was hoping to spend Christmas.

Be smart and safe and have a great holiday!
Sponsored

ManikMonday

First Edition
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 G500
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Glad I moved an hour east of Seattle a few months ago the city has gone to shit... So sorry this happend to you and glad they left some good beer to drink while you sort it all out.

HEMI_Shaker

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Dodge Challanger 392 Shaker (Sublime gree
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sorry for what happened, that sucks. I learned along time ago not to leave anything in my vehicles. At least not in sight.

I had some crack heads break in to my wife’s truck and my car years ago. They tend to steal stuff they can sell at a pawn shop quickly that’s hard to trace back.

Cat

Wildtrak
First Name
Cat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MB500SL, HD Road King Custom
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It happened! Up here in Seattle this is a common concern but I didn't think it would happen to me. Getting ready to leave for work yesterday morning and I find my Bronco where I left it but there's some glass on the ground. I also own the Subaru which is why I'm parked so close but I was desperately hoping the glass belonged to the Subaru.

Unfortunately it did not. They smashed the passenger glass, went through the glove box and anywhere else they thought I might have something hidden. They made off with a few things but most of all, they got my spirit. This ruined me.

Here's the thing. Like an idiot I left some of my gear from my last trip in the back. They bypassed beer, compressor, air down kit, jet boil, plenty of hand tools, parka, and other seemingly useful equipment and took a empty duffle bag from the back.

All morning I was asking myself, why couldn't they just be decent enough people to just cut a back panel or better yet just remove the damn thing. I was so pissed but after spending hours trying to figure out all the insurance I had to get to work and get somewhere to vacuum out all the glass. While driving to work I noticed one more thing. Not only did they smash the glass but they actually did cut the rear panel..

My family is happy and healthy and I can replace most of what was taken so I'll try really hard to not let this bring me down this weekend but this was not the way I was hoping to spend Christmas.

Be smart and safe and have a great holiday!
Nooooo.... I am so sorry. This sucks, and you must be heart-broken. I was in Seattle last weekend for brunch at The Pink Door. Its a sad shame to see the city's decline. I sure feel for you. At least your family is safe, but what a feeling of violation.

Sponsored

zombie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands (7spd) 2022 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have the luxury of living in a small town and have a house with a garage. That having been said, my Mustang was victim of a smash and grab a few years ago, and they did $3,500 dmg to the car just to steal a friend's leather jacket and sunglasses.

Ever since I don't even bother locking the doors. It's possible some idiot will still smash the window because they're too dumb to check if the door is locked, but I hope not.

Sponsored
OP
OP
BroncoPVC

BroncoPVC

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands,Sas, 4dr, Soft Top, Rapid Red
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have the luxury of living in a small town and have a house with a garage. That having been said, my Mustang was victim of a smash and grab a few years ago, and they did $3,500 dmg to the car just to steal a friend's leather jacket and sunglasses.

Ever since I don't even bother locking the doors. It's possible some idiot will still smash the window because they're too dumb to check if the door is locked, but I hope not.
Yeah I removed everything from inside and just rolled the rest of the windows down last night. No one was sleeping in it this morning so I guess that a good thing.

Go Devils

Outer Banks
First Name
Reed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Sorry to hear. That really sucks. I'm with you on the spirit crushing as it makes you feel like your space is violated. I'm sure finding glass replacement is not going to be easy--you obviously need it in Seattle. I'm still waiting for my Bronco, but I think I will just leave the top off/down all the time so if someone wants to break in they can just open the door or hop in from the top (live in Phoenix area). Not planning to leave anything of value, so they will not be able to take anything, including my spirit :) Happy Holidays and don't let this break your spirit.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you store your gear in boxes the have “ work shoes” labels on them, they will break into the car next to yours. Lousy bastards. Why society has decided living like this is permissible is beyond me.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.