Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It happened! Up here in Seattle this is a common concern but I didn't think it would happen to me. Getting ready to leave for work yesterday morning and I find my Bronco where I left it but there's some glass on the ground. I also own the Subaru which is why I'm parked so close but I was desperately hoping the glass belonged to the Subaru.

20211223_083448~2.jpg

Unfortunately it did not. They smashed the passenger glass, went through the glove box and anywhere else they thought I might have something hidden. They made off with a few things but most of all, they got my spirit. This ruined me.

20211223_083616.jpg
20211223_083812.jpg

Here's the thing. Like an idiot I left some of my gear from my last trip in the back. They bypassed beer, compressor, air down kit, jet boil, plenty of hand tools, parka, and other seemingly useful equipment and took a empty duffle bag from the back.

All morning I was asking myself, why couldn't they just be decent enough people to just cut a back panel or better yet just remove the damn thing. I was so pissed but after spending hours trying to figure out all the insurance I had to get to work and get somewhere to vacuum out all the glass. While driving to work I noticed one more thing. Not only did they smash the glass but they actually did cut the rear panel..

20211223_122930.jpg

My family is happy and healthy and I can replace most of what was taken so I'll try really hard to not let this bring me down this weekend but this was not the way I was hoping to spend Christmas.

Be smart and safe and have a great holiday!
Hey Paul - so sorry to hear this happened to you. I hope you get an expedited resolution from insurance soon. Let me know if you need anything and hope you're able to have a great holiday despite this.

Btw, is this something that the latest Fordpass update (SecuriAlert) would help prevent?
Sponsored

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Greetings from the Hell Hole!

Ford Bronco Bronco smash and grab [CLOSED DUE TO POLITICS] 20211215_124157

Paul, very sorry to hear about your Bronco. Hope it's fixed and on the road soon!

Deleted member 19381

I can remember back in the 90's when I owned a home in the downtown area of my city. Parking was in the back that you got to by an alley behind the house. I used to leave my 86 Mercury Cougar unlocked on purpose since every few months, you would go to get to your car and see all the other cars parked with their windows smashed, I would check my car, see that they rummaged through my glovebox and center console, but there was nothing there to take, so they moved on but without breaking my windows. Sad reality but nothing new.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
To drop my comprehensive insurance deductible from $500 to $100 it's only like $12/month...went through too many smash & grabs between San Antonio & Dallas...seems the closer to the border, the more it happens...
yep. that's what I did with my jeep.

RogueSqdn

First Edition
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I'm sorry for what you're going through. I had it happen to the last convertible I had about 12 years ago, a 93 fox body Mustang. I only had liability on it and didn't want to pay for a new top, so I sewed it up with twine, covered it with duct tape, and smeared silicone over it, and drove it for three more years until I had to get an Escape after getting engaged.

I've been dying for another convertible ever since, but wanted 4wd and didn't want to leave Ford for Jeep. Thank God the Bronco came along! I've had mine for about a month.

You're feeling awful now, but you'll feel better after getting the repairs sorted. Unfortunately the anger won't go away completely. I'm still sore about my Mustang.

IMG_0053.jpg

P4290003.JPEG

P4290004.JPG

66147068374__4523BE65-EA96-46C4-B7EA-CDB6268BFB2F.fullsizerender.JPEG

Sponsored
OP
OP
BroncoPVC

BroncoPVC

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands,Sas, 4dr, Soft Top, Rapid Red
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is a regular occurrence in any city really. We have it a lot here in Honolulu. It sucks and that's why we keep our cars pretty much empty. Pack it for the day and unpack it at the end of the day. Nothing left in it except documentation, shopping bags, work shoes, window shade and some loose change. No tools, just standard emergency roadside stuff. Everything out of sight all the time. So much homeless around us that they break your window for loose change.

No stress, just fix the window add a new panel and on to the next thing. When you have nice stuff, something is bound to happen like this. Just think of it as they need the stuff more than you do... so this is your giving story for the holidays! lol

Bummer but don't let it spoil the festivities! Merry Christmas to you and your family!
Thanks for the kind words.

OP
OP
BroncoPVC

BroncoPVC

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey Paul - so sorry to hear this happened to you. I hope you get an expedited resolution from insurance soon. Let me know if you need anything and hope you're able to have a great holiday despite this.

Btw, is this something that the latest Fordpass update (SecuriAlert) would help prevent?
Thanks for reaching out man. The glass is supposed to be replaced next week so that good. I had to order a back panel replacement a few months back due to window adhesive failure. That process took a few weeks so I suspect that to be the case this time around as well. In any case I'll still have a good weekend with my family.

vicdet

Outer Banks
First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport & Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I would think the glass would be cheaper to replace than the back panel?
This is why I’m getting a hard top so I don’t have to deal with the plastic I feel like that would be more expensive than replacing glass

OP
OP
BroncoPVC

BroncoPVC

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is why I’m getting a hard top so I don’t have to deal with the plastic I feel like that would be more expensive than replacing glass
Thats insurance is for i guess.

Dcdds

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sorry to hear about your experience. I have a soft top also I pretty much drive it when I'm doing quick runs or on the weekend for now.. I'm worried about parking at work for 8hrs and having people all over it while it's unattended..
I plan to have the dealer add perimeter plus ( adds motion alert of some sort) and the flashing red light part to the dash, parts and install are pretty inexpensive . Still looking for the right dashcam/ alarm system for the soft top.

Sponsored

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It happened! Up here in Seattle this is a common concern but I didn't think it would happen to me. Getting ready to leave for work yesterday morning and I find my Bronco where I left it but there's some glass on the ground. I also own the Subaru which is why I'm parked so close but I was desperately hoping the glass belonged to the Subaru.

Ford Bronco Bronco smash and grab [CLOSED DUE TO POLITICS] 66147068374__4523BE65-EA96-46C4-B7EA-CDB6268BFB2F.fullsizerender.JPEG

Unfortunately it did not. They smashed the passenger glass, went through the glove box and anywhere else they thought I might have something hidden. They made off with a few things but most of all, they got my spirit. This ruined me.

Ford Bronco Bronco smash and grab [CLOSED DUE TO POLITICS] 66147068374__4523BE65-EA96-46C4-B7EA-CDB6268BFB2F.fullsizerender.JPEG

Here's the thing. Like an idiot I left some of my gear from my last trip in the back. They bypassed beer, compressor, air down kit, jet boil, plenty of hand tools, parka, and other seemingly useful equipment and took a empty duffle bag from the back.

All morning I was asking myself, why couldn't they just be decent enough people to just cut a back panel or better yet just remove the damn thing. I was so pissed but after spending hours trying to figure out all the insurance I had to get to work and get somewhere to vacuum out all the glass. While driving to work I noticed one more thing. Not only did they smash the glass but they actually did cut the rear panel..

My family is happy and healthy and I can replace most of what was taken so I'll try really hard to not let this bring me down this weekend but this was not the way I was hoping to spend Christmas.

Be smart and safe and have a great holiday!
Damn time to invest in some servaliance equipment and 9mm or 45 cal or 12 gauge

BroncoAgain

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"14 Wrangler JKUR, Ram 2500 6.7 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
They will be back. Just wait and be ready. End their carrier of crime. Remember, you feared for your life. Seattle and all the other crime infested cities can be fixed but it ain't going to be pretty. Just be smart.

zombie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands (7spd) 2022 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Damn time to invest in some servaliance equipment and 9mm or 45 cal or 12 gauge
I know people hate thieves (as do I), but it's just a window, and not worth a human life, even when that life is a thieving piece of garbage.

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I know people hate thieves (as do I), but it's just a window, and not worth a human life, even when that life is a thieving piece of garbage.
While I agree with you in principle, the folks doing the thieving know that they might be caught by the owner and be forced to fight or flee. As that is the case, a completely foreseeable possible outcome is them hurting or killing the victim or themselves getting hurt or killed.

Someone who chooses to do property crime is thus showing a complete disregard for others safety or for their own and the onus for any bodily harm is on them as far as I am concerned. Your local laws may disagree though, however it is not uncommon for an accomplice to be charged with murder if their partner is killed during the commision of a felony. (car theft or any part of a car stolen was considered a felony when I was a kid. Guess what? No car thefts, no car jackings, no people getting killed for trying to stop it, it just didn't happen.) Changing world, not for the better for those that follow the law and are good people in my opinion.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.