Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A case for dashcam with park monitoring mode.....
I'm considering not installing my dash camera as I thought this might be an easy item to steal and tempt a break-in.

Sorry to hear OP; that would make anyone feel violated. Since picking up my Bronco, I've locked my glove box and centre arm rest console, as well as my locking storage drawer in the back. Thieves can get into anything with enough time and effort, but hopefully by not seeing anything in the vehicle they leave it alone. They usually want a quick in and out.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So sorry this happened to you Paul. I hate a damn crook. All things being equal, as long as you or any of your family weren't hurt this too shall pass.

Mean Red GT

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 Door Badlands/2016 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Looks like a parking garage....I would be hunting down any video that might be available from the entrances.
Video or not, Seattle PD ain't going to do anything... And I used to work for the City. They just don't have the resources to chase petty crime. When they do, the City Attorney just drops all the cases. The City can't even keep the County Courthouse safe which is within the City.

OP
OP
BroncoPVC

BroncoPVC

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands,Sas, 4dr, Soft Top, Rapid Red
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks like a parking garage....I would be hunting down any video that might be available from the entrances.
There's video and a license plate number but I have zero expectations of anyone being held accountable. I'm pretty sure Seattle PD does the best they can but they're extremely limited right now.

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
There's video and a license plate number but I have zero expectations of anyone being held accountable. I'm pretty sure Seattle PD does the best they can but they're extremely limited right now.
That would be my low expectation as well.. Just sucks.

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sorry to see and read about this. Hope you can replace the glass in short order.

So glad I have a 3 car garage and live in the burbs...although some 65-70% of our crime is from STL County or outside the county/city limits anyway.

In the late 90's in a very nice area I actually caught someone going thru my truck. At first I thought it was my buddies sister (was at their house) as we swapped CD's back and forth...then noticed her car was not there. Got the guy and end result was after he stopped asking for the cops and they showed up they literally knew the guy by name and said "someone finally called you "name" on your sh!t". Sprained my ankle on his face...but did find his backpack with other people stuff in it so at least his recent loot was recovered.

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A case for dashcam with park monitoring mode.....
They will just steal that as well, true story. Had many cars broken into (and two stolen) over the years working around larger cities, the low life smash and grab folks will sell whatever for drug money, the cops won't do anything but ticket them any more, if that (the prosecutors won't bother charging them recently anyway). It is the new world of "fuck the law abiding, they are suckers."

The thief's like that don't care anyway, and the new reality is, they don't have to, no repercussions. Best case for them is an owner beats on them and then they can sue and get a free house.

Sponsored

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Video or not, Seattle PD ain't going to do anything... And I used to work for the City. They just don't have the resources to chase petty crime. When they do, the City Attorney just drops all the cases. The City can't even keep the County Courthouse safe which is within the City.
Same issue here. Car theft is up a ton and mostly juveniles. Not even a slap on the wrist. Released to their parent(s). Now that they have moved to assaulting the owners and then stealing the cars, the local authorities are starting to think that they will have to do something about it.

Surveillance systems don’t seem to work when there is no repercussions.

glad no one was hurt. Glass is easily replaced. Your feelings of being violated, not so much.

Coldsmoke

Badlands
First Name
Knuckles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What a shame. Don't let this ruin your Christmas Holiday.
Don't want to get political here, but the surest way to prevent these kinds of things is to move away from major cities. Period. They are nothing short of jungles rampant with criminals and assheads who have no values or integrity. I live 2 hours from Chicago and it's all you hear about and see in the news. Chicago is the poster child for all that is wrong with cities. Here in small town America people still care and watch out for each other.

Wishing all a very Merry Christmas and a safe and Happy New Year!

Status
Not open for further replies.