l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

i want to see a video reinstalling the soft top, especially on how the clear panels get slid back into the bottom retaining grooves.

i do like the tip on not binding the ties around the weather stripping.
great tip that i'm sure not to remember during execution.
Sponsored

kermitfrog

First Name
gareth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
drive
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
i want to see a video reinstalling the soft top, especially on how the clear panels get slid back into the bottom retaining grooves.

i do like the tip on not binding the ties around the weather stripping.
great tip that i'm sure not to remember during execution.
Yes I wonder how many people will remember to do it that way if not I can see a law suite coming as people complain that the weather stripping has failed to quickly!.

Lilj4425

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Use bungee cords instead of the velcro straps??? Hmmm.

Ripcurl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DodgeRam 1500 Laramie, HarleyDavidson 48
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It looks well thought out and designed overall, you got to be willing to put in a little effort to substantially change your driving experience on a vehicle that large that won't tuck away out of view, going from enclosed to various stages of openness.

Wouldn't want soft top in my climate with winters and not really a decision point since I'm getting a 2DR but I'd be happy with that design

mC.242

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend 4dr (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
As much as I like the idea of the soft top, I know I would want that security enclosure in the back and that will cost about the same as the hard-top upgrade probably.

What I really want is a sunrider insert for the MIC top that covers the entire passenger area both first and second row.

Sponsored

JLC64UK

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands 4dr, 21 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Also it looks like you can't fold the roof all the way back without removing the side panels? those side panels kill the whole top for me.

Obviously based on your two posts you have never seen a jeep. It is very similar to them and it is nice to have the lift up feature. Its nice to have the options of the soft top versus a hard top or nothing at all.

jimmy234

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
@bmclain
I have a JL, and yea there are bimini tops on the market now that also will keep the rain off, and if you have your doors on and put your windows up you'll keep most of the rain off your front row. There is always leaking on any top that's not a full soft top or trek top, though. Any of those shades or even biminis that are water proof are probably just tied around your roll cage and not placed in a track to fully cover the sides. And what I've found driving through rain with my soft top in the "safari" position is that you'll get a lot of spray and just general moisture just kind of spritzing all over you from the back of the vehicle lol

My JLU has been rained in probably half a dozen times now, sometimes with more than an inch of water that needs to be drained (sometimes I'm lazy and forget to put the top up when a storm comes, other times I'm driving and just say screw it lol); if you're gonna live the soft top life, you're gonna get water in the vehicle at some point one way or another.

In general, living with a soft top requires compromises. Yea, you can't easily lift up the back when you open the tailgate unless you want to redo the tabs and stuff. Yea, the jeep is super easy to break into either through cutting or even just prying at the tabs (you'll never get locked out, though! ha). If you live in really cold climates, you need to be careful of touching the windows in sub-freezing temperatures; don't know how the bronco soft windows will compare.

Hbass321

Outer Banks
First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
How many other ways can you hold those windows in place to me they seem well held in place but still not over complicated to remove.
Mine on my JL are like a slide in channel. Maybe thatā€™s patented, so thatā€™s why Ford couldnā€™t do it, but I feel like zippers would have been better than clips. Even people with JLs have had problems with windows blowing out because they arenā€™t securd tightly to the body. Guess weā€™ll just have to wait and see how they work.

Garbone

Big Bend
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1962 C10, 21 Mustang, 12 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Sweet, loving the soft top. One of the very reasons to get a Bronco, top off.. Really looking forward to getting my rig.

Soft top, 4x4 trail turn with a 2.7.
4fa78c9604d71a245e17789257391b83.jpg

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ā€˜05 LJ & ā€˜17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Where are you parking that you would live in fear of someone taking a knife to a soft top???? Takes one second to smash a window, so never understood why a soft top would make a thief choose to pick it out of a lot and really want to cut up to steal my sunglasses.

I do go on trips with top down so I have a tuffy security lid, but that is just to reduce urge of someone reaching in and grabbing my traction boards or air compressor... but if top was up I would feel no difference in safety between glass and plastic.
Not saying my windows were slashed but the thieves did remove my soft top windows, seats covers, bumpers, steps, and more while it was in stock form. This happened in a gated community that had 1 entrance/exit and guards posted 24/7. Everything they took was stock off the jeep minus the seat covers.

And guess what, bestop didn't sell soft top windows by themselves at the time, so I ended up getting a whole new top just for the dang windows.

Sponsored

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I can put down and completely remove my soft top & frame in less than 2 minutes. WHat's this about bolts in the wheel wells and having to grab a socket and impact gun? I literally pull 2 pins and done.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How do you Jeep people store your windows now? Does the top come with bags to keep them from getting scratched up when off the vehicle?
I have a storage g bag where each window is protected by felt and they roll up and the bag lays in the rear across the back. When I take them off at home, I have clips mounted on the wall and the windows hang against the wall.

kermitfrog

First Name
gareth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
drive
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Mine on my JL are like a slide in channel. Maybe thatā€™s patented, so thatā€™s why Ford couldnā€™t do it, but I feel like zippers would have been better than clips. Even people with JLs have had problems with windows blowing out because they arenā€™t securd tightly to the body. Guess weā€™ll just have to wait and see how they work.
The biggest problem with zippers that can jam up with crap and break a lot easier then those clips as they remind of the one used on back pack bags I got a bag which use those clips I had it years extremely tough clips far better then zipers.I thought the bottom of the window slides in a grove.The side are poped into the A piller.The other end not sure as not easy to tell to me they are well secured.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Do all these people complaining about the soft top being broken into ever plan on taking their doors off? I guess thieves only attack in crummy weather, or these people never plan on taking the door off due to the chance of someone reaching in and stealing stuff.

I've got a JK Bestop soft top, and this looks way better.

If you're that worried about security, get an Explorer because it sounds like you don't want the no door, no top, open air experience.
i used to park with trail doors or doorless all the time while I lived at my condo without a garage. My comment on security was dont lock your dang doors. Have a proximity sensor and 2-way alarm to know when its triggered. I have it set so squirrels or can't wont set off.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Question for you jeep peeps. I know there are bimini tops for just sun protection. Are there any that can protect from rain with windows up at least for the front row? I would rather go bimini but do want some protection if it starts raining. And yes I know my badlands is protected with mgv and washout interior. More a question from the wife...
I have a spidershade and a safari top on my wrangler. Spidershade is just mesh to protect you from the sun. The safari top is canvas (similar to the soft top) that covers the front seats completely and offers better rain protection.
Sponsored