First Name
gareth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
drive
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I can put down and completely remove my soft top & frame in less than 2 minutes. WHat's this about bolts in the wheel wells and having to grab a socket and impact gun? I literally pull 2 pins and done.
Bolts are attached to the body and all you need is a Ratchet with a socket.You don't have to use what the guy had on the video.I would rather have bolts holding that top on then 2 pins.
Sponsored

Lilj4425

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I can put down and completely remove my soft top & frame in less than 2 minutes. WHat's this about bolts in the wheel wells and having to grab a socket and impact gun? I literally pull 2 pins and done.
Make sure the bolts don’t fall into the wheel well when taking them off.

dcg2

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bolts are attached to the body and all you need is a Ratchet with a socket.You don't have to use what the guy had on the video.I would rather have bolts holding that top on then 2 pins.
Wonder how drilling the bolts for hitch pins would work? Finger tight nuts and pin to keep from loosening.

Iceman153

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm not sure how you'd make it better. This is pretty close to Best Top design.... Which is great. I'm happy, hard to admit. And thanks to bn finally.
This was purely in relation being able to open it from the outside. I love everything else about the way they did it, and am still leaning towards getting the soft top.

Citikill

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As a current JK owner whose Jeep came with a hardtop and bought a soft top that is in my profile pic from bestop later on. I can say that I will wholeheartedly be getting the badlands with this soft top that ford is offering. It looks very functional and way easier to use than my current top plus that tilt up rear feature is amazing! I will just purchase the white hardtop when it comes out. My wife watched the video too and even agreed.

Sponsored

Citikill

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Also having had my Jeep for the past 5 years the only time it’s ever been broken into has been when I had the hardtop on they bent the top of the door frame out. So this whole slicing soft top thing can be taken with a grain of salt.

rubi14

Base
First Name
frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Base
Uhm, shouldn't those side panels only be removable from INSIDE the car? Anyone can come along, pop them out, steal all your shit, and your car too while they are at it, and not have to break anything.

Edit : I was hoping to live with the soft top for a year until the white modular comes out, but the fact anyone can walk up and just open the top is a joke.

Just like the JK, JL, and Gladiator, not a big deal unless you live in a high crime City, IMHO.

lowmpg

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks good. (not shocked people complained ;))

bigsky713

Badlands
First Name
Vernon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 Ford Bronco / 2002 Ford Super Duty 7.3 PS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m all in for MIC top, but this looks pretty functional and painless.
On a side note, this Badlands looks amazing without the Squatch!!!
Really makes me think Squatch is not worth it or necessary on badlands.

JohnnyK

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Sahara JKU
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The lift up back section is really cool, great feature. No crossbars over the open area is nice too.

Too bad you have to remove panels and unbolt 6 bolts to remove it though. The Trektop Glide is sweet, pull 2 spring loaded pins on the roll bar and the whole thing comes off in seconds. Throw it in the garage and you don't have to see that mass of bows in the back. Wonder what we'll see in the aftermarket.

Sponsored

kermitfrog

First Name
gareth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
drive
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The lift up back section is really cool, great feature. No crossbars over the open area is nice too.

Too bad you have to remove panels and unbolt 6 bolts to remove it though. The Trektop Glide is sweet, pull 2 spring loaded pins on the roll bar and the whole thing comes off in seconds. Throw it in the garage and you don't have to see that mass of bows in the back. Wonder what we'll see in the aftermarket.
Removeing 2 panels then just undo 6 bolts is nothing for the different ways you can use it.

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Removeing 2 panels then just undo 6 bolts is nothing for the different ways you can use it.
I would have *maybe* been OK with 4 bolts but 6 is just totally ridiculous. It just seems like total overkill for attaching a structure of which the only purpose is to keep a large piece of heavy canvas secured to a vehicle traveling at highway speeds.

Broncoak

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 FSB
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not saying my windows were slashed but the thieves did remove my soft top windows, seats covers, bumpers, steps, and more while it was in stock form. This happened in a gated community that had 1 entrance/exit and guards posted 24/7. Everything they took was stock off the jeep minus the seat covers.

And guess what, bestop didn't sell soft top windows by themselves at the time, so I ended up getting a whole new top just for the dang windows.
Had a TJ once with half doors and zip up windows. Thieves just used their fingers to slide open the zipper and steal my cds cause I was dumb enough to leave them on the seat while in church.
Never leave valuables I inside with a soft top

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Glad they finally posted this video. Being able to prop the back of the top up to load the rear is a great feature, one of my biggest pet peeves with the jeep is how hard it is to load the back with the soft top on. The rest seems generally inline with what I would expect although the step 1 fold back seems to sit a bit high.
Sorry, seems dumb to me. Either leave back window out or just open the door. What am I missing?
Sponsored