Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Badlands Sasquatch, 2.7AT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm assuming I can get the modular hard top after market w/o any issues.
That's the only question I have left also. If the modular hard top fits wonky as an add-on (as opposed to being originally manufactured with it), that would likely keep me in soft-tops or going aftermarket. Otherwise, this is a no-brainer, especially if you can also get the sound deadening!

Last edited:

Studawg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Excursion, 96 Land Cruiser, 18 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Let me try again and I will type slowly so you can understand. The...soft...top...is...crap.
Yeah I got that part. But the question remains, what on earth are you talking about? "Glass sides that fold into the bed like a cardboard box"? Did you make that in shop class or something?

Brownie

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, 1981 Trans Am, 1972 Austin Mini
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Uhm, shouldn't those side panels only be removable from INSIDE the car? Anyone can come along, pop them out, steal all your shit, and your car too while they are at it, and not have to break anything.

Edit : I was hoping to live with the soft top for a year until the white modular comes out, but the fact anyone can walk up and just open the top is a joke.
kitten.jpg

Sponsored

mneblett

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150, 2019 Mustang GT vert, 2019 Corvette
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm in "the soft top design is ok" camp.

Only thing I am looking forward to is the aftermarket coming up with some sort of replacement for the rear window section that will provide a flip-up window like on the hard-tops -- ideally a replacement that uses the OE soft top's upper and side attachment points so that no mods are needed.

mneblett

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
IMO, given the way "trucks" like F-150s have been luxed out, they're all "cars."

Alternatively stated, to me if the vehicle doesn't have a truck Class rating (e.g., Class 8), it's a four-wheel car, regardless of how "tough" the body looks.

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
When it drops below freezing, throw a baseball at your window and let me know how well your "modern day" plastics hold up.
Sure. You do the same with your traditional window, too, post back here how it fared.

Sponsored

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm in "the soft top design is ok" camp.

Only thing I am looking forward to is the aftermarket coming up with some sort of replacement for the rear window section that will provide a flip-up window like on the hard-tops -- ideally a replacement that uses the OE soft top's upper and side attachment points so that no mods are needed.
I was hoping it would work like that, but I don't mind how they did it. Hopefully the company that makes that option for Jeep soft tops will come up with a solution for the Bronco.

Broncoak

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 FSB
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yep. When I reinstalled everything, I took every security measure possible for piece of mind. Takes me a bit longer to remove some of these times when I need to work on or service but its worth it at this point. Its been 7yrs since all that happened.
I plan to go with the hard top for now anyway because it serves every purpose I have. But the soft top looks great. Amazing the innovations over the last 20 years (since driving a TJ with soft top).

I think your plan is best. If you don't tempt the thieves, they're likely to move on to a shinier object. In my case, I put a cd case in plain sight. It was just too tempting. If I didn't have zippers, they would have just slashed the vinyl.

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I’m a two door hard top gal, but I dig the look of it with the side and back panel removed.
No doubt the aftermarket will have a bikini type top for the two doors that will fill the need.

mneblett

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A Bronco is a car, a Bronco is a car, a Bronco is a car . . .

I hate cats. ?
My wife the cat veterinarian will be over soon with some, um, "tools of persuasion." :eek::ROFLMAO:
Sponsored