Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

That's just if you are totally removing the top. I doubt many will do this as opposed to just folding it all the way down, unless you are swapping it out for a hard top.

I have had 4x4 soft tops. Never again.. unless it was automatic and even then it would be a hard maybe. In freezing weather, I even had one plastic window shatter like glass.

Sports car soft tops like a MX-5, Porsche 911 are nowhere near the trouble as something this big. I would consider one on a roadster, but not like this. Not again. "Be sure not to lose the bolts in the wheel well"?? I don't remember bolts on any Jeep soft tops (but I could be wrong, it was the 90s).

Maybe I'm just getting old?
Sponsored

Danager

Wildtrak
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Good to see this video. Iā€™m getting a Wildtrak with the MIC top. I may get a soft top sometime later. This has interesting features. Iā€™m curious what else may come from aftermarket.

I will have to watch how the Jeep soft top works, specifically the aftermarket ones. I would not be comfortable lifting up on the Ford soft top in the winter, seeing how the side ā€œwindowsā€ wrinkle up like that. Good to have options.

Beachcrawler

Outer Banks
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

This video only reinforced my thoughts about going solely with the soft top until I can also get the white painted hard top. Popping the soft top into position #1 looks like a piece of cake. Position #2 looks cleaner but involves some more time & effort. My guess is that Iā€™ll be content to flip it into 1 most of the time, and if weā€™re heading to the beach with friends in the back, weā€™ll take the time to go to 2.

USMC_n_philly

Outer Banks
First Name
Deno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
6G Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I think only thing that sucks is needing a drill to take it completely off... I guess driving to shore house will b top back not off..

Sponsored

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think only thing that sucks is needing a drill to take it completely off... I guess driving to shore house will b top back not off..
You guys realize you donā€™t need a drill to remove the bolts, right? Take a ratchet, that was for ease.

Rhino67

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep, pathfinder, altima (miss my F150)
Your Bronco Model
Base
You guys realize you donā€™t need a drill to remove the bolts, right? Take a ratchet, that was for ease.
Just a drill? I thought you needed a personal butler and a drill! ?

Stu baby

Outer Banks
First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Audi
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I think they have did a fantastic job on the soft top. I feel most of the people that have issues with it have never had a soft top Jeep before and donā€™t understand the whole soft top thing. I just only wish they had one similar for a 2dr

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This video only reinforced my thoughts about going solely with the soft top until I can also get the white painted hard top. Popping the soft top into position #1 looks like a piece of cake. Position #2 looks cleaner but involves some more time & effort. My guess is that Iā€™ll be content to flip it into 1 most of the time, and if weā€™re heading to the beach with friends in the back, weā€™ll take the time to go to 2.
The ultimate solution is the painted mod top with the Sunrider top up front. When you open the Sunrider, you effectively have position #1.

Sponsored

Raskew

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco, 2018 Stinger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Uhm, shouldn't those side panels only be removable from INSIDE the car? Anyone can come along, pop them out, steal all your shit, and your car too while they are at it, and not have to break anything.

Edit : I was hoping to live with the soft top for a year until the white modular comes out, but the fact anyone can walk up and just open the top is a joke.
What are you talking about?

If someone wanted to steal your shit that you were stupid enough to leave in a convertible, they would just slice it open with a knife. Hereā€™s a kicker for you, if you ever plan on driving with the top off youā€™ll really have your valuables exposed.

BossMann

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
6 bolts to remove it? Ugh.

bmclain

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Explorer, 2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just helped me make my decision. Looks nice, but not for me. Think I will wait for a bimini top. Maybe even see about finding a body color matching one...

RedHotFuzz

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 4D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yikes, what a PITA.

Iā€˜ve owned 3 convertibles and all went from top to no top with a couple of latches and a button (or a quick manual pull on my Miata). Yeah, this is a different type of vehicle, but still more hassle than I want to deal with for a soft top. Think Iā€™ll stick with MIC top for the cold months and just leave the top off for the entirety of the warm months.
Sponsored