Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This just seems like a lot to deal with. I’m OK with the MIC hardtop for now. This seems more complicated and likely that I will never align the windows properly ever again.
Sponsored

Hemisfear

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So, why couldn’t Ford offer this for the 2DR? Looks like it would operate mostly the same.
Dude, you get a more expensive hardtop! Best Top already have one ready to go for $1295.00, WIN/WIN!

Hemisfear

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dude, you get a more expensive hardtop! Best Top already have one ready to go for $1295.00, WIN/WIN!
...and it can be purchased through the parts counter upon launch!

dwbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That’s with all Jeep soft tops too
It's less about industry standard and more about finding something to complain about. The next argument will be that this isn't a Jeep, so it shouldn't be done the same way as a Jeep.

Sponsored

Scohin

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yikes, what a PITA.

I‘ve owned 3 convertibles and all went from top to no top with a couple of latches and a button (or a quick manual pull on my Miata). Yeah, this is a different type of vehicle, but still more hassle than I want to deal with for a soft top. Think I’ll stick with MIC top for the cold months and just leave the top off for the entirety of the warm months.
That's gonna be on the same day here! Haha

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The MIC is no win. It’s a fail. :LOL: Bestop wants $1.3k for that top? I hope it has some cool tricks like the Ford 4DR has.

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Uhm, shouldn't those side panels only be removable from INSIDE the car? Anyone can come along, pop them out, steal all your shit, and your car too while they are at it, and not have to break anything.

Edit : I was hoping to live with the soft top for a year until the white modular comes out, but the fact anyone can walk up and just open the top is a joke.
Lmao its a soft top. It could have the most securely attached side panels ever conceived and it wouldn't matter seeing as anyone can open it up with a knife in 5 seconds.

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Having owned a soft top wranger, I can say that you are probably not going to be taking it off all the way very often. It will either be fold back or use a sunrider. You have to be ready to put it up as a practical matter. Thats probably what has me doing modular - getting rid of 2 or 3 panels will be a lot easier.

privateer35

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2021
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ok. Now put it back on.

Sponsored

dcg2

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just a drill? I thought you needed a personal butler and a drill! ?
What a load of plebs on this forum... Who doesn't have their personal mechanic ride with them everywhere?

Iceman153

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

What are you talking about?

If someone wanted to steal your shit that you were stupid enough to leave in a convertible, they would just slice it open with a knife. Here’s a kicker for you, if you ever plan on driving with the top off you’ll really have your valuables exposed.
What are you talking about?

I said nothing about it being impenetrable, rock smashes glass just as easy, if someone really wants in it's all irrelevant. I'm just saying it shouldn't be so easy to remove from the outside. There should be some sort of release that can only be opened from the inside, or with the car unlocked. I know the Jeep top is no better, but that doesn't mean it shouldn't be improved on.

Last edited:

asurfer11

Badlands
First Name
ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 africa twin
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks bronco nation. Soft top is out but now I’m confused about Area 51 and whether I need Sasquatch. That rig was awesome.
I actually like the paint, it's area 51, right? I also like cactus gray but confused by the different versions I have seen on the web...

NVCowboy

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
First, that flip up rear window is awesome. Anyone who has owned a JK will appreciate it. Can't comment on the JL but I assume like wise.

Second, how many pampered, Starbucks drinking, people are on here? It's not a traditional convertible. It's an off-road vehicle that comes with many conveniences, but some take more than a button push to work properly and functionally while climbing out of a mud rut.
Wait, what? They can steal my Starbucks?

Lilj4425

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
6 bolts to remove it? Ugh.
I’m a CNC machinist. Six bolts is nothing. Lol. I have to do way more than that at work everyday. Half of the people on this thread love the soft top and half of them hate it. Personally, I love it.
Sponsored