Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Element, ‘75 Bronco widow
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I think the softop works. Wish there was a two door version. I’ll be getting the Bestop Trektop or something as soon as available.

I don’t know if we seen the full functionality but will comment on what we’ve seen.

It doesn’t look like the tailgate cross bar comes out when in “safari” mode. I could see my self running like that for days, and if there is a crossbar stuck there every time I open the tailgate, it would be annoying. But maybe it comes out.

I would also prefer the rear corners were part of the side windows so I could run it with just the rear window removed. Maybe you still can but probably a little more floppy.

I’m getting a 2-door so I hope Bestop can get it out quick. The SEMAshow top looked pretty good. Had a fastop look to it. Didn’t get a straight side shot, but wish it was a little longer. Hopefully they make a couple versions??
Sponsored

PDiddy

Black Diamond
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Over all the soft top looks nice. Love how it looks folded all the way back and like how easy it is to completely remove it.

kermitfrog

First Name
gareth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
drive
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I think the top looks great overall with a few complaints:
1) Rear lift and fold upwards to load feature is awesome just wish it "tipped" up instead of fold to keep the side windows flat.
2) The rear fold up prop bar should come down from the corner and not middle so it didn't obstruct access on left side. I'm nitpicking I know.
3) This is probably my biggest complaint... Why does everyone from Bronco Nation product videos have to wear an unbuttoned long sleeve flannel over a t-shirt? Was there a memo? There had to be a memo right?
Makeing it so the whole rear lift and fold upwards is more complexitie.The way ford have done it is makeing very useable and pretty simply.Haveing the bar in the middle keeps the roof from saging at the corners when proping it up I dont think its going to get in the way that much.

kermitfrog

First Name
gareth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
drive
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Thats fine. 15yrs later, zero issues with the soft top removing itself from the jeep, and its only held by 2 pins when completely folded back. When its up, 2 pins, 2 windshield clamps, 2 pins of the front seats.
I see I think the bronco has only the 2 clamps at the front so thats probably why they have bolts holding it on the body at the rear to ensure nice tight weather seal along the top of the body.

HorizonHunter

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not sure if it was posted here before, but 7PM EST it will be shown:

I'll say I'm impressed with this. I like that it locks in position when fully down. The rear access feature is nice. Unfortunate it's not the old zipper rear windows that you can just roll up. No real complaint though.

Sponsored

Tortuga353

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think it is great. I’ll wait until I can see myself before calling the whole bolt and wheel well a design oversight. If you ever wrench on a truck even in minor situations there are all kinds of PIA places for bolts to fall and difficult access points. I don’t think the hidden bolts are intended to be a daily activity. Just when you want to swap tops or commit fully to no top. Looks better but kind of defeats the soft top convenience of having the top with you.

I’m getting the soft top because I think it’s cool and enjoyed my Jeep with it. It was a YJ with all the zippers and jazz. I pretty much ride with my windows down and sun roof open Even in cool weather. I like the feel and air movement. Noise will not be an issue to me.

I don’t think I’d take the hard top off as much and that is yet to be seen but probably a two person job. I’d be buying a truck if not for the open air experience, and I’m just ready to order, and no more waffle, waffle, waffle for anyone that listens to PulpMX.

Bdockins

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Dammit Area 51 looks good af in this !

kermitfrog

First Name
gareth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
drive
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'll say I'm impressed with this. I like that it locks in position when fully down. The rear access feature is nice. Unfortunate it's not the old zipper rear windows that you can just roll up. No real complaint though.
I would rather have the clips they should will last for years even with abuse and cold weather.Zippers are just to prone to jameing up or breaking especially in cold weather.

kermitfrog

First Name
gareth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
drive
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I think it is great. I’ll wait until I can see myself before calling the whole bolt and wheel well a design oversight. If you ever wrench on a truck even in minor situations there are all kinds of PIA places for bolts to fall and difficult access points. I don’t think the hidden bolts are intended to be a daily activity. Just when you want to swap tops or commit fully to no top. Looks better but kind of defeats the soft top convenience of having the top with you.

I’m getting the soft top because I think it’s cool and enjoyed my Jeep with it. It was a YJ with all the zippers and jazz. I pretty much ride with my windows down and sun roof open Even in cool weather. I like the feel and air movement. Noise will not be an issue to me.

I don’t think I’d take the hard top off as much and that is yet to be seen but probably a two person job. I’d be buying a truck if not for the open air experience, and I’m just ready to order, and no more waffle, waffle, waffle for anyone that listens to PulpMX.
Always have something below the bolts to catch them as it saves the hassle as I 've lost bolts in gaps or a magnet socket tool.

Sponsored

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

How do you Jeep people store your windows now? Does the top come with bags to keep them from getting scratched up when off the vehicle?
Options from the aftermarket. I have the gray Bestop one.

One of the Trektops actually has storage sandwiched between top layers. But I think the one shown on the SEMA build has the fold back Freedom top instead.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I saw that top (Bestop). However, it looks to be a completely different type of top. Not even sure it folds back.
I was looking at Trektops on the Bestop website. I think it will be one of the ones that have a flip back freedom top and folds down.

Canyonero02

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F150, 2021 Jeep JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Maybe most. But definitely not everything. Jeep does get a black MIC top. ?
But again, the Broncos 4 piece MIC top blows away the Jeep.
The Jeep top is not MIC black. They're all molded in white and the outside is painted a flat textured black.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I think that most of these complaints are coming from people that have never had a Jeep and have no understanding how things are or have been done. They'll be in for a rude awaking when their bronco arrives and it's not a luxury sedan.
Yeah this site is several eye rolls and facepalms a day. But then, I came from sports cars and sport sedans: I was a newb in 2008.

We’ll have to serve as patient educators. Without actual Broncos so people can have actual hands on experience, it’s taking a lot of patience...

Lagrange 6g

Black Diamond
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 f250 2014 landcruiser 1978 cj5
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I left my Jeep unlocked and someone still slashed my front window to get in.
Sponsored