First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus and 71 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey, everyone! I know this has been discussed in part on other threads l, but I wanted to start a thread for polite discussion drive sound on the Broncos. I really wanted to see the 5.0 in the bronco because my ‘71 has the 302. A big part of the experience driving that truck is the noise and the way the whole body twists when you rev it at the stop light.
Will either of these motors compare, with or without a modified exhaust? Also, do we expect Ford to pump in fake sound like they do in my focus?
Sponsored

@BadBlueBronco

Badlands
First Name
Kc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you are curious about exhaust notes you should look at rangers and mustangs with the same engines and modified exhaust. It won’t sound or feel like a v8 but the V6 is going to be torquey

Laminar

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cougar
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Nope - neither of the engines sound good when they're uncorked. Nothing like a V8 sound. Ford has also improved NVH over the past 50 years, so you're not going to feel the engines vibrate and frame twist.

As for the "Active Noise Control" fake engine sounds? The Bronco will probably get it.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No matter what exhaust you get, it will sound ricer and not v8. First thing I did in my f150 was turn off the fake sound being pumped into the cab.

Incognito

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 jk
Your Bronco Model
Base
Automakers are all into the fake V8 sound, because it sounds "right " to American consumers.

If you don't like the artificial sound being pumped through the speakers, turn it off.
Sponsored