North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

On the Bronco Sport SEMA Q&A Live Stream Session yesterday they discussed the MAD industries modded Bronco Sport. This was a similar mod like the Sport Badlands Trail Rig Concept and the Off-Roadeo Adventure Patrol concept.

In the live SEMA Q&A Live Stream Chris Mangum, the owner of MAD Designs discussed the lift and answered one of my questions. He said they used parts from 4 Wheel Parts. He describe it as a simple spacer lift that you can do yourself in your garage in about 3 hours. He went on to start the parts should become available at 4 Wheel Parts, it is listed in the project info as "4WP level lift system". The Ford guys said for now it will not be a factory offering but gave the usual "were listening" answer. Hopefully they make it available as a dealer install item so there is no future argument about it affecting warranty.

Here is an example of a spacer lift kit at 4wheelparts.com, this kit is from Daystar, one of the larger suppliers of spacer kits. I spoke with the owner of Daystar a few years ago at an offroad show about another new model and his company seemed pretty aggressive to bring new products to market.
Daystar Spacer Lift Kit Example
Ford Bronco Bronco Sport 1" Lift Confirmed during SEMA Q&A KC09139BK

Here if the Ford Auto Show build info link

Ford Bronco Bronco Sport 1" Lift Confirmed during SEMA Q&A bronco_s_hero

Review article of the MAD Industries SEMA build:
This Wild Ford Bronco Sport Badlands Build Is Just MAD About Living Up to Bronco Name

Hopefully they will post the replay of the event soon:
https://na.fordhorizon.com/home
https://na.fordhorizon.com/event/broncosport-202011-5/main

These threads are from the sister site Bronco Sport Forum:
1" Bronco Sport Lift Confirmed during SEMA Q&A
Lifted Bronco Sport - Factory 1" - Saptor or 3" Aftermarket
Tire Options for Bronco Sport with 1" Lift
Sponsored

Last edited:

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Soo this is just like the puck spacer lifts on the F150 but most just go with the 5100 Billsteens with adjustable height collars

OP
OP
North7

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Soo this is just like the puck spacer lifts on the F150 but most just go with the 5150 Billsteens with adjustable height collars
That would be nice, we have to wait and see how much love the Bronco Sport gets from the Aftermarket companies.

OP
OP
North7

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Chris Mangum, the owner of MAD Industries who built the lifted Bronco Sport has posted about the project build on the Bronco Sport forum sister site.

Ford To Reveal MAD Bronco Sport Badlands During ‘Ford Auto Nights’ SEMA Show Special Webcast

Hello to all the Bronco Sport members,

To Cyclone Cowboys thread crazy busy but once we got back today and my staff told me we had hundreds of emails I emailed as many back as possible today.

I did get a response from Warren i.e Cyclone Cowboy that informed me of all the interest in our build I replied.

I have been in Detroit and out on locations for several weeks with the MAD Bronco Sport and busy working on new projects.

Please ask away on this, I should be able to respond in a day depending on projects and locations we are working.

I will respond to a few questions
4Wheel Parts Lift and Level
At the current time the Prototype lift which in the 2nd generation based on our testing and driving the vehicle limited amount of time on and off-road.

I have provided many aspects of what we wanted out of this kit.

Ability to adjust front strut for alignment which was the first change that was made to the 2nd gen.

1" front and rear equally

Front
2 piece adjustable front space that goes between strut hat and Strut tower with extended length bolts.

Rear
2 spacers lower under spring with custom lower shock extension bracket and extra Bolt.

We were successful at alignment,
FYI If you go to the alignment shop they most likely will not have specs in the computer yet best to have aligned at a dealer or old school with new school alignment techniques.

We aligned ourselves.

The next question will be how did it drive. Awesome retained O.E. movement and comfort levels

Tire Size this 245/65R17 mounted on a 17x8 wheel with a plus 35 min with no fender flares now I am a perfectionist at the fitment of wheels and tires along with partners to have a custom wheel and offsets made. +35 is great with O.E. fenders

I test fitted 3 tire sizes with the 1" lift and my offset the 245/65R17 fit and did not rub at all driving off-road in Sedona not once this is a 29.5 OD MAX FYI the more aggressive K03 will rub

The tires on those marketing vehicles you see and mention on OE wheels will rub period.

If you purchase the Air Design fender flares +38mm is better and if you can stagger event better but most people do not go the extend I do on fitment.

James T is correct the hardest part was determining the correct level lift as we have a trailer load and we had to emulate the weight in the Cargo area and receiver to come with a 1/4 higher rear end once the cargo, roof, and trailer loads were done. Remember I did this in 3 weeks with no trailer and cargo along with roof gear. It worked out perfect

Any direct emails please again send them to [email protected] be patient.

I know everyone is excited to get their Bronco Sports and worth the wait.

We are extremely happy with the Bronco Sports capabilities, size, comport inside and performance of the 2.0L Badlands.

Best
Chris Mangum
MAD Industries
We are now Arizona based company

Ford Bronco Bronco Sport 1" Lift Confirmed during SEMA Q&A Sullivan_20201028_5390-1_TC

AleYeah

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wrangler Unlimited, 1976 VW poptop Bus
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Dumb question- especially as I don’t even do my own wrenching- but is the alignment after tinkering with the suspension more or less (or equally) complicated for IFS vs SFA vehicles?

Sponsored
OP
OP
North7

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Dumb question- especially as I don’t even do my own wrenching- but is the alignment after tinkering with the suspension more or less (or equally) complicated for IFS vs SFA vehicles?
Not really sure, all we have right now is what Chris says about their project Bronco Sport, this quote from above:
We were successful at alignment,
FYI If you go to the alignment shop they most likely will not have specs in the computer yet best to have aligned at a dealer or old school with new school alignment techniques.

We aligned ourselves.
Here is his post on the sister site Bronco Sport forum if you want to ask him yourself:
https://www.broncosportforum.com/fo...s’-sema-show-special-webcast.1386/#post-27371

AleYeah

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wrangler Unlimited, 1976 VW poptop Bus
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Not really sure, all we have right now is what Chris says about their project Bronco Sport...
Pardon the confusion; I meant the alignment of IFS vehicles in general post-lift vs SFA vehicles.

OP
OP
North7

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

AleYeah