Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I didn't catch the splicing piece! Hell, even my 2005 wrangler has a quick connect harness for the tow harness. I added the tow hitch and wiring to my wife's prior 2015 grand cherokee and it too took me 5 seconds to connect the wiring, took me less than 3 minutes to connect an aftermarket brake controller in her GC too.

Hmm, that sounds nice.
Luckily I anticipated an annoying install because Ford. They really want to make sure we all pay the dealer to do this. Most likely we will also be required to disassemble a rear tail light to access wiring... which I don't want to do on my brand new vehicle
Sponsored

OP
OP
Ksjrb03

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Hmm, that sounds nice.
Luckily I anticipated an annoying install because Ford. They really want to make sure we all pay the dealer to do this. Most likely we will also be required to disassemble a rear tail light to access wiring... which I don't want to do on my brand new vehicle
And I also wonder about integration to the computer. Ford trucks know when you connect a trailer and adjust stuff like backup sensors and tow mode, pretty slick integration. I'm guessing splicing some wires to the taillight wont get you that.

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

They really want to make sure we all pay the dealer to do this.
But I thought the DIO list, install for it was paid by Ford. So that doesn't work out.

Maybe they want us to pay for install at factory, hence the higher tag on the factory tow package?!?!

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
And I also wonder about integration to the computer. Ford trucks know when you connect a trailer and adjust stuff like backup sensors and tow mode, pretty slick integration. I'm guessing splicing some wires to the taillight wont get you that.
Yeah when I connect my trailer to my f150, it auto detects its connected, shows me trailer lights working or out on my dash, auto adjusts my blind spot detection and allows me to program different trailers in the dash settings. Even tracks my mileage Ive towed each trailer.

But you still have to select tow mode on the shifter.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hmm, that sounds nice.
Only thing I had to do with the grand cherokee after connecting the tow harness was it had to go to the dealer to have the module programmed for the tow package since it didn't come factory.

Sponsored

Garrison

Badlands
First Name
Garrison
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Console vaults are probably the most interesting thing on there tbh
That’s a fact! Anybody heard of this option for the 4 door Bronco????

Rough Rider

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
But I thought the DIO list, install for it was paid by Ford. So that doesn't work out.
This list is all the accessories you can buy at the dealer and have them installed, not the options you can order from the factory and get on the window sticker that includes labor that is called Dealer Installed Options. Subtle difference.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That’s a fact! Anybody heard of this option for the 4 door Bronco????
I would think they'd offer one for the full-size. I have one in my F150 that Ford offers.

TexasBlaze

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I guess all the TBD are going to be late availability lol
Sponsored