Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
`22 Wildtrak, '21 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Haha
I currently drive a sedan with decent mpg. I test drove the Ford f 150 earlier this week to get a feel for the 2.7 engine. I put it in sports mode and just watched the fuel gauge race down to E in real time. Horrifying! Hoping the Bronco can do better but I'm bracing for whatever it'll end up being
Coming from driving Wranglers with 35s, lockers, lifted, etc, I be damn happy if I average more than 16 overall driving with a Bronco. It will be bigger, with more HP, and I average around 14 overall with a Jeep.

In my experience, 18-19 is not unreasonable at 55mph on flat road, at 80mph on an Interstate you are getting 15 or less. Around town mileage is probably low teens as well. Stop start driving is hard on MPGs with heavy tires.
Sponsored

drive21bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

These Turbo ecoboost engines Ford produces are quite impressive, they pack a big punch for their size. People really need to drive them to understand. A lot of people just can’t get the “bigger the better” out of their head.

redflipppper`

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Wildtrak LUX 3.0 HOSS, 2.7 SAS
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Good news, seems like the actual deliveries are ahead of time if anything. Awesome work to the logistics peeps, engineers, and plant workers that made this happen!

Now let’s see the same thing with Bronco 2-door and 4-door! I’m sure that our friends at MAP are going to do a bang-on job :)
........Made in Mexico for the Bronco Sport.

royalkcprime

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ram Rebel / 1967 Pontiac Firebird
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for the Post was able to find them locally and drive one last night!

Sponsored

RedDawg

Big Bend
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We have two

20201201_105159.jpg
I feel like this is what the Escape would be today if they hadn't changed it from the original style to the new style in 2013. And wasn't that Escape really the spiritual successor of the Bronco II?

I'll bet this could take 99.5% of Bronco owners wherever they would actually go with their Broncos. Especially with A/T tires.

Last edited:

royalkcprime

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Dont stop there. How does it drive ?
About a week or so ago before thanks giving I drove the new Ranger! The Ranger has the same motor in it as the base Bronco 2.3L Ecoboost. The ranger was supper doggy meaning you could feel the power it just would not deliver. Very limited should have been tuned better. Very similar to a Nissan frontier. I took it out on the highway! I locked it in four wheel drive, so I could feel the get up and go and not roast the tires. Not very impressed. Crazy as this is a 2.3 L Ecoboost. I suppose it is enough power for some, but not I. This made me decide V6 is the way to go. Rebuilt 3 models all with a V6.

Fast forward to yesterday there was a post from a gentleman and a picture of his Bronco Sport in his garage. I did some research and found there were 4 at a local dealership. Went to the Ford dealership last night! As I drove through (super Creepy) the parking lot, repeating "where are they? I know they're here! Where do you have them stashed" only to realize I was at the wrong branch :( Made my way to the correct dealership and there parked against the building was a Badlands Bronco Sport in Area 51!

There I was like a little kid opening doors, opening rear hatch, sitting in the seats seats, literally opening everything.... SUPER GIDDY!! I quickly examined the Sport, it looked like it was fully loaded as it had the Badlands package upgrade. A rep came out of dealership, I asked to drive it. He brought around another Badlands this one in Cactus Grey. This Badlands had the Navy pier vinyl and cloth in it. Seats were comfortable, driver side was adjustable, passenger not. Heated seats, hot within seconds of turning on. The ride was solid, experimented a little with the GOAT mode. Used both sport and Rut/Mud. The paddle shifters are super responsive, but I think the Sport might have shifted on its own, but I cannot recall if it did. I Used Mud and Rut, took it off the pavement a bit to driver through some unprocessed land. Got a feel of the gears and 4 wheel drive. I was most impressed with the engine as there are two choices 1.6 or 1.5 L and a 2.0. This model had a 2.0 Ecoboost. Fast response, allot faster then the ranger. Didn't awkwardly shift through the gears like the Ranger! Quick of the line! I was not expecting that.

Overall this is a nice product. I feel it should do very well and is super affordable. It allows everyone to experience the great outdoors and daily life.

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Sport definitely got a better guage cluster than the big Bronco. I'd have preferred an analog speedo and tach if we couldn't have an all digital cluster. And I'm trying not to be salty about that rubberized storage area in the Sport. The big Bronco team could have taken some interior lessons from the little brother Sport team.

Sponsored

royalkcprime

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Bronco32

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford F-150, 2021 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
About a week or so ago before thanks giving I drove the new Ranger! The Ranger has the same motor in it as the base Bronco 2.3L Ecoboost. The ranger was supper doggy meaning you could feel the power it just would not deliver. Very limited should have been tuned better. Very similar to a Nissan frontier. I took it out on the highway! I locked it in four wheel drive, so I could feel the get up and go and not roast the tires. Not very impressed. Crazy as this is a 2.3 L Ecoboost. I suppose it is enough power for some, but not I. This made me decide V6 is the way to go. Rebuilt 3 models all with a V6.

Fast forward to yesterday there was a post from a gentleman and a picture of his Bronco Sport in his garage. I did some research and found there were 4 at a local dealership. Went to the Ford dealership last night! As I drove through (super Creepy) the parking lot, repeating "where are they? I know they're here! Where do you have them stashed" only to realize I was at the wrong branch :( Made my way to the correct dealership and there parked against the building was a Badlands Bronco Sport in Area 51!

There I was like a little kid opening doors, opening rear hatch, sitting in the seats seats, literally opening everything.... SUPER GIDDY!! I quickly examined the Sport, it looked like it was fully loaded as it had the Badlands package upgrade. A rep came out of dealership, I asked to drive it. He brought around another Badlands this one in Cactus Grey. This Badlands had the Navy pier vinyl and cloth in it. Seats were comfortable, driver side was adjustable, passenger not. Heated seats, hot within seconds of turning on. The ride was solid, experimented a little with the GOAT mode. Used both sport and Rut/Mud. The paddle shifters are super responsive, but I think the Sport might have shifted on its own, but I cannot recall if it did. I Used Mud and Rut, took it off the pavement a bit to driver through some unprocessed land. Got a feel of the gears and 4 wheel drive. I was most impressed with the engine as there are two choices 1.6 or 1.5 L and a 2.0. This model had a 2.0 Ecoboost. Fast response, allot faster then the ranger. Didn't awkwardly shift through the gears like the Ranger! Quick of the line! I was not expecting that.

Overall this is a nice product. I feel it should do very well and is super affordable. It allows everyone to experience the great outdoors and daily life.
Do you feel the issue with your Ranger experience was the engine's fault or the transmission's? I'm hopeful that if the 2.0 @250hp in the Sport felt good to you, then the 2.3 @270hp will feel good in the Bronco paired with the manual transmission (even though Bronco is heavier than the Sport and a little heavier than Ranger). Curious for your feedback. I want the MT so I'm currently in the 2.3 camp.

royalkcprime

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Do you feel the issue with your Ranger experience was the engine's fault or the transmission's? I'm hopeful that if the 2.0 @250hp in the Sport felt good to you, then the 2.3 @270hp will feel good in the Bronco paired with the manual transmission (even though Bronco is heavier than the Sport and a little heavier than Ranger). Curious for your feedback. I want the MT so I'm currently in the 2.3 camp.
It is hard to say. I was kind of bummed to be honest. I have a family member with the Ranger and he loves it and has said the power is adamant. But what I drove was junk. Perhaps the manual will allow the engine to be more powerful and responsive. I had wanted the MT too. All I get is one chance to order! As I read through the threads it sounds like all the vehicle are allocated to the customers that ordered them. The dealerships may not get any to sell to the general population. Meaning what you order is what you get. I'm not willing to chance it. It would ruin my day to have it not perform as expected.

Trustable

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Focus se
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

My mom has had an mkc in the 2.3 and the 2.0, and now has an escape on the 2.0. The 2.3 was stupid fast for a little cuv, and the 2.0 is still fast imo, or at least it feels fast when you punch it. You can feel when the turbo kicks in and it jolts you back, and honestly, it's no slouch. It gets up to highway speeds quick and passes great.

Civkik

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, '18 Wrangler Rubicon, '18 R1M
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We got an Outer banks in our showroom now. Too bad our roof is too short to open the tent ??

20201205_162545.jpg
Sponsored