Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Badlands 2D, 22 BD 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm almost tempted as I'm too impatient to wait for Big Bronco!!!!

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm almost tempted as I'm too impatient to wait for Big Bronco!!!!
Really? Going with a Bronco sport over a Bronco would be like buying a Compass when you wanted a Wrangler.

Sponsored

Y2Dre

First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I have to admit that although I really want a 2-door Badlands, I'm not one of those huge Bronco enthusiasts. I'm just a dude who was already thinking about ditching his Fusion for a truck and fell in love with the new Bronco.

But, I gotta admit...the idea of saving a ton of money and buying a loaded Bronco Sport Badlands model is becoming more intriguing. If I went that route, I already know a small part of me would sulk on the inside the moment a big Bronco pulled up alongside of me. I just wonder if I I'd care if I was driving a loaded Sport that checks off all of my practical needs.

This is what happens when the ordering process gets drawn out......

Thunderpriest

Outer Banks
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Chevrolet Impala
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My local dealership has 2 Bronco Sports, so I went to look at them yesterday.
I was surprised that they are smaller in person than I had imagined.
I am definitely staying with the full size Bronco.

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Really? Going with a Bronco sport over a Bronco would be like buying a Compass when you wanted a Wrangler.
Most people that drive a Wrangler don't need any more capable a vehicle than a Compass, or a used Subaru for that matter:

https://www.softroadingthewest.com/

A Compass, or a Bronco Sport, is probably a better vehicle, economically than the Wrangler/Bronco. The Wrangler/Bronco is a purchase based on ego for most.

Sponsored

dnvrBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Highlander, Outback, 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Most people that drive a Wrangler don't need any more capable a vehicle than a Compass, or a used Subaru for that matter:

A Compass, or a Bronco Sport, is probably a better vehicle, economically than the Wrangler/Bronco. The Wrangler/Bronco is a purchase based on ego for most.
As a long time Outback owner, I can tell you it's not the uphill that makes you want a low range transfer case, it's the downhill.

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well aware of overheating brakes due to lack of a low-range or low enough first gear auto. I don't think most people "need" a Wrangler for that feature, but it comes in handy for some.

Broncoak

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 FSB
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Uhhh...no. Some of us need a capable 4WD with added off-road features and ground clearance just to make it home after work.

But I'm impressed with the Sport regardless. The Bronco Sport looks much more thought out and capable straight out of the box, as compared to the Compass, not to mention with a few choice upgrades.

But aside from all that-what's wrong with ego? If I lived in Florida again, I'd still want the FSB, just because, ok, you got me...ego. And proud of it (just my ego talking). ?
Ford Bronco Bronco SPORT First Drive Reviews Are In! 1607366330233

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There's nothing wrong with anyone's reason for purchasing the vehicle, whether it's based on need or want or ego. It's interesting, as this has popped up several times before, that people assume or presuppose a negative connotation to the use of "ego" or want instead of need. It's not a weighted comment, but people assign that when they read it because it's a self-imposed negative.

You're right, some of us "need" a low-range or off road capable vehicle. It should be obvious to anyone, Ford and Jeep don't sell most of their off road capable vehicles to people that need them. The Bronco and Wrangler aren't purchases based on need for most. That doesn't mean that it isn't a need for someone living in Eagle River, AK, or that it makes my statement untrue.