Tom House

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I have to admit that although I really want a 2-door Badlands, I'm not one of those huge Bronco enthusiasts. I'm just a dude who was already thinking about ditching his Fusion for a truck and fell in love with the new Bronco.

But, I gotta admit...the idea of saving a ton of money and buying a loaded Bronco Sport Badlands model is becoming more intriguing. If I went that route, I already know a small part of me would sulk on the inside the moment a big Bronco pulled up alongside of me. I just wonder if I I'd care if I was driving a loaded Sport that checks off all of my practical needs.

This is what happens when the ordering process gets drawn out......
I don't know you, obviously, but first thing I thought when I went to look at the Sport recently was "this thing is cool, but I'd want to crawl into a hole and die the first time somebody pulled up next to me in a real Bronco."

So, yeah, you'd hate that moment, I'm sure.
Sponsored

Tom House

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Most people that drive a Wrangler don't need any more capable a vehicle than a Compass, or a used Subaru for that matter:

https://www.softroadingthewest.com/

A Compass, or a Bronco Sport, is probably a better vehicle, economically than the Wrangler/Bronco. The Wrangler/Bronco is a purchase based on ego for most.
This is 100% true. All of it. The need, the capabilities of Compass/Subaru, and the ego thing. But that's fine. I really like the Bronco Sport. A BL version would be a lovely off-road upgrade over my lifted Outback and be more capable than I'll need. But, I'm getting a real Bronco. It just looks wonderful, and I've wanted a Bronco ever since I sold my '89 Bronco 20 years ago.

Tom House

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
It came dangerously close to the Jeep JL... and he may have wanted to:

1. Not have to explain how the JL lost to, or was equal to the Bronco Sport when they are vying for the same relative market, and obviously the JL is a more “weekend car”

2. Leave some head room for his big Bronco review to receive a higher score.

The fact that he scored it higher than the 4Runner is remarkable.
I'm a Toyota fanboy and I have no doubt this is a better vehicle than a 4Runner. The 4Runner is awesome if you're actually hardcore off-roading (0.5% of 4Runner owners). It absolutely sucks for everything else.

Y2Dre

First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I don't know you, obviously, but first thing I thought when I went to look at the Sport recently was "this thing is cool, but I'd want to crawl into a hole and die the first time somebody pulled up next to me in a real Bronco."

So, yeah, you'd hate that moment, I'm sure.
Since that post, I've placed my order for an Alto Blue BL+BL with the upgraded wheels and tires, tow package, and 360+. I decided that I'll survive that initial run-in with a full size Bronco at some red light. If I never get over it, I'll just buy it later.

Tom House

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Since that post, I've placed my order for an Alto Blue BL+BL with the upgraded wheels and tires, tow package, and 360+. I decided that I'll survive that initial run-in with a full size Bronco at some red light. If I never get over it, I'll just buy it later.
Daaaaaaang. Hell, maybe they'll be envious.

Sponsored

Y2Dre

First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Daaaaaaang. Hell, maybe they'll be envious.
I'm sure they'll be fine...looking down at my lil Bronco Sport. But, here's the thing...we'll BOTH be laughing at the Wrangler and Compass sitting behind us. ??

Tom House

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I'm sure they'll be fine...looking down at my lil Bronco Sport. But, here's the thing...we'll BOTH be laughing at the Wrangler and Compass sitting behind us. ??
I actually like the looks of the Bronco Sport better than the full size Bronco. I think the BL is probably the raddest little off-roader out there. But, it's too small for me, my wife, my daughter, and all of our camping supplies. That's before we have a second kid. So, I'm eyeing a 4-door Base Bronco, which is gonna be like $9k less than the BL Sport. But I think you bought a great little rig.

Y2Dre

First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I actually like the looks of the Bronco Sport better than the full size Bronco. I think the BL is probably the raddest little off-roader out there. But, it's too small for me, my wife, my daughter, and all of our camping supplies. That's before we have a second kid. So, I'm eyeing a 4-door Base Bronco, which is gonna be like $9k less than the BL Sport. But I think you bought a great little rig.
Thanks. My kids are 23 and 17, each with their own car and my wife just bought a brand new Toyota Camry. The Sport will be just for me and I'll have plenty of room.

The fully loaded Bronco Sport Badlands gives me everything I "need" with a lot of what I "want" without any overkill. The 2-Door Bronco Badlands I was previously drooling over was pretty damn dope. But, I know I don't need a sway bar disconnect and front/rear lockers...especially for that much money.

I thought about dropping down to a 2-Door Big Bend to make the cost easier to digest. But, I didn't feel like missing out on the amenities of the packages available on the higher trims. Overall, I'm glad I did what I did. I can't wait to drive it.
Sponsored