Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Ram Rebel. Previously 2 wranglers and 4 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Could you imagine if they had actually built that instead of the crossover that now bares the Blazer name. With all the competition, life would be awesome for off-road enthusiasts.
Man, I am not a Chevy fan by any measure, but having all 3 in the design they should be, we would be partying like itā€™s 1985. (I was 5 at the time, but all the movies make it look like the best time ever!) I even have the soundtrack for that genre šŸ˜‚
Sponsored

Gr8Hortoni

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I actually passed that last week on Plainfield. That makes me laugh knowing the story behind it now. šŸ˜‚

Hdscreens

Badlands
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Carvana is offering $2k over than msrp on my bronco sport big bend and thatā€™s with 12k miles on it.

CJay

Badlands
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 Ranger FX4 (MANUAL) & '74 VW Thing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
no way you think that baby bronco beats any chevy suv in their lineup
Not any. But certainly anything new.
I don't recall the last time I've seen an image of a Chevy Trax, Equinox, Traverse, or the new Blazer/Trailblazer on any part of the trails at Moab. Then again, I don't recall seeing a new Tahoe, or Suburban there either.
I'm not an expert on Government Motors, so I'm possibly wrong... just sayin'.

Sponsored

rutherk1

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 4 door Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Owner put 890 miles on it and when his co-workers pointed out that it wasn't a real Bronco, he sold it.
I see this a lot of this talk about the sport. Its a great little SUV and its a bronco.

My friends are giving me crap about getting a new big bronco because it also is not a real bronco. IFS, no V8 option, tons of electric doo-dads, no manual transfer case, all wheel drive option (4 auto). Lets face it. The new big bronco and bronco sports are equally not broncos as much as the new mustang is equally not a real mustang. Although I am not sure what real means. The people that made the original bronco are making both the sport and bigger bronco so they sure think its real. Not sure how much more people need.

Hell the bronco II, back in the day, seemed like a not real bronco. Id take a new one of those over any of this plastic clad fragile garbage companies are putting out now. :)

The bronco is a brand now because neither the bronco sport or big bronco are anything like the older ones. Just the name.

Last edited:

PrepVet

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I would own a baby Bronco before I touched anything GM had ever or will ever make. I hate them with a passion.
Agreed. I mean I donā€™t hate GM with a passion I just donā€™t like them and avoid them at all costs. However the H3 I had I liked for what it was. None of their trucks nor SUVs look good nor would I want one. The only thing GM makes that I would not only drive but pay for is the C8. They did knock it out of the park with that.

OP
OP
M&M Beer

M&M Beer

Outer Banks
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge-F-150 Supercrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I actually passed that last week on Plainfield. That makes me laugh knowing the story behind it now. šŸ˜‚
Did you order your Bronco on Plainfield?

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I see this a lot of this talk about the sport. Its a great little SUV and its a bronco.

My friends are giving me crap about getting a new big bronco because it also is not a real bronco. IFS, no V8 option, tons of electric doo-dads, no manual transfer case, all wheel drive option (4 auto). Lets face it. The new big bronco and bronco sports are equally not broncos as much as the new mustang is equally not a real mustang. Although I am not sure what real means. The people that made the original bronco are making both the sport and bigger bronco so they sure think its real. Not sure how much more people need.

Hell the bronco II, back in the day, seemed like a not real bronco. Id take a new one of those over any of this plastic clad fragile garbage companies are putting out now. :)

The bronco is a brand now because neither the bronco sport or big bronco are anything like the older ones. Just the name.
You have a bronco sport donā€™t you?

Sponsored

Gr8Hortoni

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

No I
Did you order your Bronco on Plainfield?
No, I actually went with Granger. I couldnā€™t get anyone to commit on paper to at least Msrp.
Iā€™m through GR pretty much every day for work and thatā€™s when I saw it.

rutherk1

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 4 door Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You have a bronco sport donā€™t you?
We have a bronco sport in the family, yes. How could you tell :) I have a big bronco on order. By having first hand experience with one, I can report first hand on it rather than just trying to be one of the cool kids and hating on it.

We just need to be consistent on what we call real.

I'm trying to mature in my old age and be open minded about vehicles and appreciate them for what they are intended to do but yes the Sport and big bronco are equally broncos as were the Bronco and Bronco II. Are they as equally bronco as a 1975? Probably not as now we have a Ford Escape that looks like a bronco and a ford ranger that looks like a bronco.
I remember in the late 80s when Chevy ditched using a truck axle on the front of their trucks and people got crap for buying a ā€œtruckā€ with a car suspension. Thatā€™s commonplace now.

Last edited:
OP
OP
M&M Beer

M&M Beer

Outer Banks
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge-F-150 Supercrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
No I

No, I actually went with Granger. I couldnā€™t get anyone to commit on paper to at least Msrp.
Iā€™m through GR pretty much every day for work and thatā€™s when I saw it.
I went with TB on Plainfield they are letting me use the A plan. Did you see the Bronco in Cedar Springs? Red OBX soft top

Krisegon

Outer Banks
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 GMC Yukon SLT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Got a chip in my coffee mug today as I was getting it out of the cabinet. Donā€™t think I can repair it, might have to get a new one.
Can you install it in an F150? Chips are hot right now!

• Haha
Reactions: abe

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
We have a bronco sport in the family, yes. How could you tell :) I have a big bronco on order. By having first hand experience with one, I can report first hand on it rather than just trying to be one of the cool kids and hating on it.

We just need to be consistent on what we call real.

I'm trying to mature in my old age and be open minded about vehicles and appreciate them for what they are intended to do but yes the Sport and big bronco are equally broncos as were the Bronco and Bronco II. Are they as equally bronco as a 1975? Probably not as now we have a Ford Escape that looks like a bronco and a ford ranger that looks like a bronco.
I remember in the late 80s when Chevy ditched using a truck axle on the front of their trucks and people got crap for buying a ā€œtruckā€ with a car suspension. Thatā€™s commonplace now.
Well theyā€™re both ā€œrealā€ vehicles. One is off road capable commuter and the other is more of a being just a commuter vehicle. I never knock anyone for what they drive. I donā€™t think the sport looks bad. I think if it were called the bronco II it would of better differentiated them.
Sponsored