Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley Davidson Sportster
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Million Dollar Question: Green or Flat Gray?

(I saw the same Sport at the same dealership, but indoors. Shit was green and will still fight anyone that says otherwise.)

OP
OP

Mattymeats

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Tesla Model X
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

(I saw the same Sport at the same dealership, but indoors. Shit was green and will still fight anyone that says otherwise.)
I definitely think it has the underlying green but not nearly as green/teal as it is in the B&P. Best way I can describe it is a light Gray with a green tint.

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Yes and no. It is based exclusively on the ambient lighting. Bright sunlight will make the paint tend toward flat gray and the more intense the light, the lighter the gray. Muted lighting, indirect, indoor, etc will emphasize the green. I would say that in the Bay Area it will display green more than gray.

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes and no. It is based exclusively on the ambient lighting. Bright sunlight will make the paint tend toward flat gray and the more intense the light, the lighter the gray. Muted lighting, indirect, indoor, etc will emphasize the green. I would say that in the Bay Area it will display green more than gray.
Agreed also I think it’s less of a mint green we see in picks and more of an olive green tint IMO

Sponsored

Willow

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Agreed also I think it’s less of a mint green we see in picks and more of an olive green tint IMO
Yes in light olive tint. i saw it myself with my dealer few weeks ago. Cactus Gray has been my choice since I made a reservation. ❤

BEM-S4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMWs & Porsches
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I saw Cactus parked right next to A51 on Bronco Sports today... Cactus definitely read grey and not green in direct sunlight. In the shade it had a little more green / yellow to it but it definitely wasn't minty.

OP
OP

Mattymeats

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I saw Cactus parked right next to A51 on Bronco Sports today... Cactus definitely read grey and not green in direct sunlight. In the shade it had a little more green / yellow to it but it definitely wasn't minty.
Totally agree. How did A51 look in person? My dealer didn’t have one.

jedmisten

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Ford Flex
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Totally agree. How did A51 look in person? My dealer didn’t have one.
Area 51 looked good in person, but I think Cactus Gray looked much better in person. In the light, I didn’t see any mint green. In the shadows, there may be a touch of light green but nothing like the B and P. I would say more light gray than anything.
Ford Bronco Bronco Sport in Cactus Gray D5CF2ABA-61DD-4204-B6F3-83CC62DE58C8
Ford Bronco Bronco Sport in Cactus Gray 0FBA12E6-F41C-4B29-9F78-965B2E1615BE

Sponsored

Firefly

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Ford F250 Super Duty
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm addition to the comments above, for me the Cactus gray, like some cactus and sage brush, can also show a hint of blue/gray in a shadow or under cloudy sky. The original colorizer on the bronco overview page is a better digital representation of reality than the b&p. It can be light gray or gray with a hint of khaki, green, or blue as you walk around it and the lighting changes.

OP
OP

Mattymeats

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm addition to the comments above, for me the Cactus gray, like some cactus and sage brush, can also show a hint of blue/gray in a shadow or under cloudy sky. The original colorizer on the bronco overview page is a better digital representation of reality than the b&p. It can be light gray or gray with a hint of khaki, green, or blue as you walk around it and the lighting changes.
I agree and thought the same yesterday. The A51 also looks more blue than I would like in person so that one is out.
Back to debating between Carbonized Gray and Cactus Gray. The internal debate continue.

BEM-S4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMWs & Porsches
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Back to debating between Carbonized Gray and Cactus Gray. The internal debate continue.
I saw another car that was close to Carbon Grey and the contrast between that and the plastic trim on the car wasn't enough... I don't know that I'd like it with the plastic top and fenders. I'm down to Iconic Silver if I want to play it super safe (but maybe boring) and Cactus, which I never in a million years would have considered had I not seen it today.

DonM

Base
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4DR Base Sasquatch 2.3 in VB
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I saw both at a local dealer. I was in for A51 if I went above a Base, but after seeing Cactus Grey, that'll be the color if I go above a Base. Cactus, to me, on sunlight held more a "flat" grey with a tendency towards a muted pastel green, but not mint. A51 just didn't look right, not really sure how to explain it.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
A51 just didn't look right, not really sure how to explain it.
We're getting cheated on blues; Ford is 0 for 3. All the dreams of something clean, like a Brittany Blue/Wimbledon top...crushed!
Sponsored