Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Challenger SXT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Hey all,

Still waiting for the regular bronco lease figures to come through, but I was mostly just curious as to what the Sport was leading at and had a good laugh at this. $502/mo before taxes, fees, etc on a $35k car? Sales tax being what it is in VA I've come to a rough sum of $22800 for that total lease figure. 502x36+3495 down payment + 1250 tax/fees. I mean... Come on Ford, that can't be real right? Anyone planning on leasing their Bronco? I have to for a number of reasons so I'm hoping they address this for the big Bronco when those figures are released

Screenshot_20201127-010130.png
Sponsored

dcg2

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I heard somewhere that Ford was using really low residual values for the Mach e.

Maybe they are doing the same for Broncos?

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Those are the right numbers. I called my dealer and they checked them out. Basically its 50% Res Value and if I remember correctly 5.5% or .0023 MF. Terrible terms but they are correct.

Massbronco

Badlands
First Name
CHRIS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wouldn't expect a great lease on the Bronco. With demand so high, I don't see why Ford would take the risk of leasing when they can just sell them and let the customer take the residual risk. They did this with the ranger at launch. It had a high residual value, but a super high money factor, which resulted in a big payment. It was very clear they didn't want to lease ranger at launch. I bet you'll see the same on 2021 MY Bronco.

RobC2

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model 3P
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
High money factor and low residual are going to make these awful to lease. If you live in VA and have to pay tax on the full amount, that makes it even worse. I was able to lease a $75k Hellcat for for 36 months for less than the total on that Sport example. If I had to lease, I would scrap getting the Bronco for now and look at a BMW X5 for around the same price. Or a Jeep even, the leases on those can be pretty decent.

Sponsored
OP
OP
trivletrav

trivletrav

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Challenger SXT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Wow. Well that sucks. If anything they should lease really well because A. They'd have a higher probability of return clientele releasing future Broncos, and B. Selling more Broncos initially with a lower payment. There's no incentive for them to force people into a finance or cash, definitely not with that crap 5% APR they're advertising... also because there's such high demand, shouldn't that make the residual high as well? Ford sets the residual, why would they shoot themselves in the foot like that? Always something I guess. When it comes time for it, I'll let you know but I guess I may be out boys. Thanks for the insight!

MA1234

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A4
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
These will lease like garbage. Most Fords do.

Bullseye

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Trailblazer, '09 Forester Limited
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My initial dealer told me that any lease on a new Bronco is going to be horrible. Why would a company let you rent the vehicle when they can get paid in full with a check from your personal finance company. They're a business, not a charity.

OP
OP
trivletrav

trivletrav

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Challenger SXT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Because it's ultimately more lucrative for the manufacturer to have returning customers over a shorter period than to sell one car outright. They're a business. You're thinking like a consumer, so it's better for you to pay cash and yes Ford sells 1 Bronco ovee a (guessing) 8 year period. I'm saying it's much better for Ford to sell one person 3 Broncos over that same 8 year period. It's why manufacturers have leases, it's better for the company. They don't take as big of a hit in depreciation and dealers get to sell the off lease vehicles as CPOs as well so everyone wins. Strange how Ford has pulled the rug out on this, if this is indeed the case. I'd have a hard time stroking a check for the full amount for a brand new model, and a Ford no less. I know I'm not the only one who thinks that way either

Sponsored

RobC2

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model 3P
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The F150 is one of the most leased and probably best leased value vehicle on the market
I wouldn't have guessed that. Do you have any numbers like average discount from MSRP, money factor, and residual? I know Tacomas have been really good in the past, but it would be great to have a cheap F150 lease hanging around to haul stuff.

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have leased a few F-150s and the MF has always been around 1% or .0004. Res Value seems to hover in the 62% range plus or minus. The XLT always has around 10k in rebates and dealer discounts when I buy (Vet Day, 4th July, Labour). My payments for 36 months were around $425 for a $55,000 truck.

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Residual Value is going to have the biggest impact. Jeeps hover around 69% to 76%. If they set the Bronco up that high, leases will be decent even at 5% lease rate. Jeep rates have been over 5% regularly.

RobC2

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model 3P
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have leased a few F-150s and the MF has always been around 1% or .0004. Res Value seems to hover in the 62% range plus or minus. The XLT always has around 10k in rebates and dealer discounts when I buy (Vet Day, 4th July, Labour). My payments for 36 months were around $425 for a $55,000 truck.
That's not bad if zero down. My Tacoma is about $250 a month with zero down and close to $40k sticker. ETA - Just looked it up, sticker was actually $38k.

jrobVT

Base
First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Discovery 5 - Range Rover P38
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hey all,

Still waiting for the regular bronco lease figures to come through, but I was mostly just curious as to what the Sport was leading at and had a good laugh at this. $502/mo before taxes, fees, etc on a $35k car? Sales tax being what it is in VA I've come to a rough sum of $22800 for that total lease figure. 502x36+3495 down payment + 1250 tax/fees. I mean... Come on Ford, that can't be real right? Anyone planning on leasing their Bronco? I have to for a number of reasons so I'm hoping they address this for the big Bronco when those figures are released

Ford Bronco Bronco Sport Lease Calculator way off Screenshot_20201127-010130
100% hoping to lease mine from the beginning. The reason is i will not have seen, sat in, touched or anyway interacted in real life with the car. It wont be a daily driver so i plan to take as low miles as they let me and treat it as an extended test drive. If i hit my order specs on the head and its a great bug free car ill buy it, if my order was off and i got or excluded stuff that i didnt need. ill turn it back and get what i want.
Sponsored