Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That's not bad if zero down. My Tacoma is about $250 a month with zero down and close to $40k sticker. ETA - Just looked it up, sticker was actually $38k.
I think I usually put around 2k down, maybe a tad more.
Sponsored

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

MA1234

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A4
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The F150 is one of the most leased and probably best leased value vehicle on the market
Yes. Large pickups lease great generally. That doesn’t change what I said, which was “most,” not “ all.”

Gloff

Big Bend
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.serramonteford.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ford Bronco Big Bend, '03 BMW Z4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I wouldn't expect a great lease on the Bronco. With demand so high, I don't see why Ford would take the risk of leasing when they can just sell them and let the customer take the residual risk. They did this with the ranger at launch. It had a high residual value, but a super high money factor, which resulted in a big payment. It was very clear they didn't want to lease ranger at launch. I bet you'll see the same on 2021 MY Bronco.
Ranger wasn't a bad lease at launch, at least not in California. I leased a 2019 early on, and yes the MF was huge, but my 24 month residual was 72%. It was cheaper than the F150 lease I traded out of, and competitive with the Tacoma in our Market (SF Bay Area). I hope they lease the Bronco, as the Wrangler enjoys such a high residual, and this looks to be the better vehicle.

These will lease like garbage. Most Fords do.
Recently yes, market changes and all. Ford always has a couple good leases out here. We had an Escape SE and Fusion SE special every year that was around $250/m with tax, drive off down.

My initial dealer told me that any lease on a new Bronco is going to be horrible. Why would a company let you rent the vehicle when they can get paid in full with a check from your personal finance company. They're a business, not a charity.
The dealer gets paid the full amount either way, check from your finance company or a check from FMCC. Leasing has a ton of benefits for both the consumer and the dealer (depending on state leasing rules of course), provided the deal is right. Ford would do well to offer a good lease on Bronco.

Sponsored
OP
OP
trivletrav

trivletrav

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Challenger SXT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ranger wasn't a bad lease at launch, at least not in California. I leased a 2019 early on, and yes the MF was huge, but my 24 month residual was 72%. It was cheaper than the F150 lease I traded out of, and competitive with the Tacoma in our Market (SF Bay Area). I hope they lease the Bronco, as the Wrangler enjoys such a high residual, and this looks to be the better vehicle.

Recently yes, market changes and all. Ford always has a couple good leases out here. We had an Escape SE and Fusion SE special every year that was around $250/m with tax, drive off down.

The dealer gets paid the full amount either way, check from your finance company or a check from FMCC. Leasing has a ton of benefits for both the consumer and the dealer (depending on state leasing rules of course), provided the deal is right. Ford would do well to offer a good lease on Bronco.
Thanks for this, I called a couple dealers near me and they said pretty much the same thing:

"We won't know for sure what the residual will be until we have a VIN number and can get the MF/res from Ford" yadda yadda but I inquired about the Sport and he said "yeah that's about right for 3 years."

I think I'm out you guys. Ain't no fucking way I'm paying $22,800 for a base 2 door. It doesn't make financial sense at all. I can get a $39k Jeep gladiator for $330/mo OTD. It'll be a nice placeholder until Ford pulls their head out of their ass in a few years.

It's been a wild ride, y'all but the conversations I've had with dealers today pretty much confirmed my worst fears. No way I'm paying $500+/mo for a base no options lease.

You can thank me for moving you up the line, catch y'all in a few years!

Gloff

Big Bend
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.serramonteford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Thanks for this, I called a couple dealers near me and they said pretty much the same thing:

"We won't know for sure what the residual will be until we have a VIN number and can get the MF/res from Ford" yadda yadda but I inquired about the Sport and he said "yeah that's about right for 3 years."

I think I'm out you guys. Ain't no fucking way I'm paying $22,800 for a base 2 door. It doesn't make financial sense at all. I can get a $39k Jeep gladiator for $330/mo OTD. It'll be a nice placeholder until Ford pulls their head out of their ass in a few years.

It's been a wild ride, y'all but the conversations I've had with dealers today pretty much confirmed my worst fears. No way I'm paying $500+/mo for a base no options lease.

You can thank me for moving you up the line, catch y'all in a few years!

Ford's squarely targeting Wrangler with Bronco, it would be in their best interest to offer a competitive lease. We don't have MF or Residuals so any lease pricing is pure speculation. Where did 22,800 come from?

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ford's squarely targeting Wrangler with Bronco, it would be in their best interest to offer a competitive lease. We don't have MF or Residuals so any lease pricing is pure speculation. Where did 22,800 come from?
I think he was adding up lease payments.

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ah, a base 2 door is 30k, that would be like a 45% residual, I don't see it being that low.
I don't think it would be that low either. BUT I didn't think the Sport would be 50% res value. Is the Escape that low as well?

Sponsored
OP
OP
trivletrav

trivletrav

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Challenger SXT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ah, a base 2 door is 30k, that would be like a 45% residual, I don't see it being that low.
I live in VA, we pay taxes on the entire vehicle, not just the lease amount. Couple that with the (likely) 4.5-5% lease apr, and dealer processing fees we have here I think it's likely that the 22,000 figure would be what the reality is. Honestly anything over $15k otd is pushing it for me. I'm not rich enough to be that die-hard of a fan.

Dmk08

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Walk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My initial dealer told me that any lease on a new Bronco is going to be horrible. Why would a company let you rent the vehicle when they can get paid in full with a check from your personal finance company. They're a business, not a charity.
Uhm.. not sure if youre joking or not but I would think both the dealer and Ford would prefer you to lease and have a low crappy residual. Then you lease another one in 3 years... BMWs business model pretty much.

Gloff

Big Bend
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.serramonteford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I don't think it would be that low either. BUT I didn't think the Sport would be 50% res value. Is the Escape that low as well?
Offhand I don't know for sure, but it's usually around 50-55% that's a different segment though. The ranger is still 70% on a low mileage lease for a crew 4x4.

I live in VA, we pay taxes on the entire vehicle, not just the lease amount. Couple that with the (likely) 4.5-5% lease apr, and dealer processing fees we have here I think it's likely that the 22,000 figure would be what the reality is. Honestly anything over $15k otd is pushing it for me. I'm not rich enough to be that die-hard of a fan.
Yeah, CA is much more lease friendly. Wait until the lease figures come out, if they lease it.

OP
OP
trivletrav

trivletrav

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Challenger SXT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yeah, CA is much more lease friendly. Wait until the lease figures come out, if they lease it.
Yeah VA sucks. We have annual property tax on vehicles 3% assessed value (again on the whole vehicle regardless of lease) as well. Bullshit tbh because the roads are atrocious as are most schools. Don't know where that money goes

Bullseye

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Trailblazer, '09 Forester Limited
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Uhm.. not sure if youre joking or not but I would think both the dealer and Ford would prefer you to lease and have a low crappy residual. Then you lease another one in 3 years... BMWs business model pretty much.
Not joking, but perhaps I'm not intricately familiar with leasing as others. I just see a pattern of highly demanded vehicles having bad lease options and Bronco seems to align with that, being highly anticipated. Only reason there's rebates and incentives on F-150's, I imagine, is because the market is flooded with competition. The only main competition for Bronco right now is the Wrangler. Having another new kid on the block "should" help bring the prices of FCA's cash cow down, but I fear both company's aren't going to drop their pants any time soon for the sake of the consumer. I hope I'm wrong.
Sponsored