JerryC

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I had a loaded Badlands Sport for almost a year. Traded it for the Bronco.
It's a great small SUV. It will do more than most buyers will try. Look up some YouTube vids by HRG.

The driving aids are better in the sport. They are really fun to drive. Super good on snow and ice with the optional Wildpeaks.

6'5", I don't know if there is legroom for you. I think there would plenty of head room from what I remember.

This was me at the TX Off Rodeo on their rally course. It was crazy fun. I wish I had recorded it, my screamed "We're going to die! Slow Down!" the whole time :)

Ford Bronco Bronco Sport Opinions IMG_0793

Ford Bronco Bronco Sport Opinions IMG_0797
Sponsored

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

You can still get a Crosstrek with a manual but that's about it. Last Subaru I had was a manual Forester followed by a manual Impreza RS both many years ago. No CVT thrills me but the Outback is allot of car for the money helps that I like a station wagon.
I hate driving a CVT. My wifeā€™s HRV has one. Feels like the cars powered by a rubber band. The transmission in the BS works great in my opinion compared to that. I didnā€™t realized Subaru still offered a MT. Iā€™d still take a MT over any automatic. I wish the BS offered one but Iā€™m getting used to not rowing. Still occasionally push in the clutch but after 50 years of doing it, itā€™s just muscle memory anyways.

grayshadow

Black Diamond
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

They are cute

Rspayde

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 C/O Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If they were available when we got my wife her new car we would have seriously considered the sport. I think they are pretty great for what they are. If I had to choose though I would pick the Maverick over a sport as a second vehicle.

Don't tell my wife I mentioned a second vehicle or it may be time to find a second wife as well.

V1Rotate

Wildtrak
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

On the subject of Subaruā€™s w/ a CVT - we bought a ā€˜22 and had it about 5 months before we (my wife) couldnā€™t stand it any more and had to trade it in. The fake shift points they program in are totally worthless and unless youā€™re just absolutely flooring it from a stop light the thing falls on itā€™s face about 25 yards off the line. First 5-10 seconds it over-revs then simulates a downshift and comes to a crawl that you have to just lurch out of. Iā€™ll never own one again so long as theyā€™re similar

Sponsored

yabsquatch

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco 4dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Same as most others have noted above - The Bronco Sport Badlands is pretty great for what it is. Had mine since May while I wait for Big Bronco... I'm actively looking for ways to financially justify keeping both because I don't want to trade in the BS.

1987DangerRanger

Black Diamond
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 F-150 Sport - 21 Bronco Sport - 85 Parisienne
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

We have a 2 door and a Bronco Sport. I'm 6'1" and kind of lanky. I have to put the seat as far back as possible and ratchet it all the way down in the Sport. I don't have to go that far back in the 2dr. With the rear facing car seat behind the passenger seat in the Sport my knees are on the dash., in the 2 door it's front facing but has a ton more room for the front seat passenger.

The Sport is MUCH more quiet inside and easier to drive overall. Not as cool as the 2 door, and I wouldn't take it off-road like I do the 2dr, but it definitely has it's own strong points.

ths0002

Outer Banks
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco OBX 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My car blew up in 2021, and the car market was less than ideal at the time. It ended up being cheaper to buy a new Bronco Sport Big Bend from the dealer that had just been taken off mannequin display than buying used (suv or truck). My end goal was to get a big Bronco, but as many on here know, that really wasn't realistic for the time. The dealer warned me that it was going to be tight if we got a second kid. Man, were they right. It's so tight with the car seat behind me that it makes it hard to drive. If it is just a passenger and I, it is totally fine, but the minute you have someone behind you over 5'6", it gets tight let alone a car seat. If you have kids in booster seats, it would be fine. The trunk is better than you'd think size wise, but most adults cannot sit in the back seat comfortably.

That's really my only complaint about it. The gas mileage is great, it's really peppy to drive, very safe, quiet cabin, and surprisingly capable. In Eco Mode, I get about 32mpg, normal city driving about 26mpg which is the best part. If I had to do it over, I'd have gone with the Badlands or Outerbanks. While the Big Bend is well equipped (more stuff on it than my 2010 Eddie Bauer Explorer), you miss some of the other Bronco features. My dealer offered me a deal I couldn't refuse on buying it back, so I am trading it in for a big one, but I have really loved it. Turning off traction control in Sport Mode is fun for donuts in the snow, too.

Sand Mode is hilarious in them. We went to Fort Fisher Recreational Area in NC and drove on the beaches there. I passed other larger SUVs that were stuck in the sand or struggling, but the little Bronco just kept trucking (I was one of 3 Sports on the beach that day).

Ford Bronco Bronco Sport Opinions IMG_6086a

Last edited:

TheShark

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 4DR Wildtrak, 2023 Maverick XLT FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My wife has a BS BL, CO of course, she loves it, called me a copy cat when I got my BL in CO. Many on here poo poo the BS but it's a great vehicle very capable. A big Bronco it isn't, as I always tell people the only thing in common between the two is the name. When we travel around town we generally take the BS since it's gas mileage is appreciably better than the Bronco.

Neverowneda4x4

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

With it just being an Escape I'd go that route with the ST package that's more road and personal lux oriented. If the OP really plans on taking it on a trail or two I'd buy a Subaru over a baby bronco any day.
Great comment. I traded my Subaru in for a full size bronco. Prior to doing so, I looked at the bronco sport for about a second, and decided I would have rather just held on to my Subaru.

Sponsored

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ummm ford gotta stop the naming crap..4door mustang wtf? They should have named this a Bronco II to go along with the ā€œthingā€ they produced back then.
enjoy, not for me.
"Thing" was the VW reintroduce of the kimmelwickwagen lol

OuterJersey

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Toyota,VW, Lexus, Triumph, Honda MC
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks