Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 4runner, '10 Town & Country
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not a valid excuse. Should have spent 5 seconds googling 2021 Ford bronco or even just browsing the Ford website before making the purchase. I understand that there are people that don't have any interest in Ford/bronco/off-roading and I forgive them for not knowing the difference between the bronco and the sport. I'm surrounded by people like that at work. No benefit of the doubt for people that actually committed to buying a sport tho.
Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Now that's just sad.

heavyD

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 BMW X3M Competition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
That's on the buyer. It's like those people that bought an Xbox One X thinking they were getting the new Xbox Series X. It's on the buyer to do a little research into what they are buying. A simple visit to the Ford website would have showed both versions.

Rubicon 2 Badlands

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JKU Rubicon / 2021 Bronco: Badlands/Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was at the gas station today and a gentleman walks over and starts asking me about my 2dr Base Sasquatch. His first question was “does the top come off of that?”. After a few more questions he points to his Bronco Sport and says “I bought that 8 months ago and thought I got the new Bronco, i didn’t even know this was coming out.” I could see the disappointment in his face.
Did you see the rock he was living under? :oops: 😂

Sponsored

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was at the gas station today and a gentleman walks over and starts asking me about my 2dr Base Sasquatch. His first question was “does the top come off of that?”. After a few more questions he points to his Bronco Sport and says “I bought that 8 months ago and thought I got the new Bronco, i didn’t even know this was coming out.” I could see the disappointment in his face.
You know what's funny? I think this interaction was caught on film!!! Just imagine the word "Bronco Sport" sprinkled in there a couple times...

wetdog

Base
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I could've had a v8 remember that?

Julz670

Black Diamond
First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Previously: '83 and '95 Bronco XLTs. RIP.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Oh man what a bummer for that guy!!! Take a second to imagine the conversation when he went back to his dealership right after that happened lol

rws

Wildtrak
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 VW GTI, 2018 Silverado 1500 LT Z71
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I had a similar experience while at a Ford dealership while doing a walk-around a Badlands (and drooling just a little bit). A would-be "new Bronco owner" was looking at the Sport and asked, "so how does the top come off?". The disappointment was also evident in her face when she was informed that it doesn't come off the Sport.

I suspect many, many, many people purchased Bronco Sports thinking they were getting "the" Bronco. This is my opinion as I have no market data to support this hypothesis. :)

MOON

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Imagine being that ignorant? He's probably the type of guy who watches 10 minutes of corporate news a day and thinks he's well informed and believes everything they say.

I think Ford fucked up big time on this. First they shouldn't call it the Bronco Sport. Give it a completely different name. The Colt or something like that. Second they should have come out with the real Bronco first and then the Sport / Colt after that. Totally missed the mark.

Sponsored

cbrenthus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BadSquatch, '02 T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Somewhere you know there is someone who thinks they got a good deal by paying only $10K ADM on their Bronco sport, and thinking they can put it up for sale for double what they paid!

Markpf189

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Somewhere a salesman is still laughing and telling tales of how he convinced some poor sap (who doesn't have the internets??) that the Sport was the "real" Bronco.
I’ve actually had experiences where the sales rep DID think this was the bronco hah
Sponsored