First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 Corvette - 1977 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Even my 6 year old niece knows what the real Bronco is. Sure, she mocks me by calling it a Bonco instead of a Bronco, but regardless of my feelings, she knows what it is.
Sponsored

• Haha
Reactions: abe

BroncoBarn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Bronco buyers will get duped by dealers putting lifts and Sasquatch takeoff wheels on a base Broncos, thinking they are buying a Sasquatch or a higher end model.

TtotheZ

Outer Banks
First Name
Tirzah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yukon, Charger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I mean, I wanna feel bad for him, but...c'mon man!

Vantcrst

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
92 Ford F-150, Mercedes 4x4 Sprinter Van,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

think about how much research we've all done on the bronco and think about this guy didn't even google it before he plunked down his money
Yeah well maybe it is because I am so jaded by the fact that I have spent the last year and a half thinking, eating, dreaming, and crying all things Bronco I just can’t feel that sorry for him. Has he ever heard of The Google?

Markpf189

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Bronco buyers will get duped by dealers putting lifts and Sasquatch takeoff wheels on a base Broncos, thinking they are buying a Sasquatch or a higher end model.
I’d guesstimate like 75% only want SAS for the look anyway.

Sponsored

Kos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That sucks for him. Don’t know how someone could spend $30k and not know they were(n’t) getting the right thing. Did this guy never go to the Ford website?

Kos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Also, for anyone who wants to say the whole Bronco / Bronco Sport is confusing thing. Jeep has been doing the Jeep Cherokee / Grand Cherokee thing for years and not had a problem. They is doubled down with the Wagoneer / Grand Wagoneer

coupon_ninja

Badlands
First Name
Abby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT, 2021 Jeep Rubicon 2D
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I slipped a last min res in mid Feb, after having browsed the youtubes for the preceding months trying to get a good look at a real one. The b&p was sketchy, and since I was going 4d, I never even looked at the sport b&p. I had a preconceived notion that the “sport” was the 2d. So I did my res, then followed the link for local inventory and saw the sports all over the place. I’m like “wuhh? I thought this wasn’t coming out til the summer 🤔 “ So I set an appt and went in to look and then I realized. Ah. This is a totally different car.
Ford Bronco Bronco Sport Owner says…”I thought I bought the new Bronco” 53F66517-BFA6-4C35-A160-274DF1B10EEC

Several friends have put up with my endless Bronco talk, seeing photos, seeing comparisons, then when they finally see it they’re like “oh. yeah. ok. So much bigger than I thought. Yeah I saw the other ones and I was like ehhhhh”

A lady on one of the fb groups several months ago asked, “I see all these posts about the hard top, I have a hard top but how do you take it off?” This was like late May. Oh honey. You got a sport. Yours doesn’t do that.

BR0NCO

Raptor
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Audi
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
When the Sport was coming out I remember the posts about people getting one without a reservation thinking they scored THE Bronco, not understanding they were not the same

Sponsored

TurnerNHooch

Badlands
First Name
Patti
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 YJ & all the F150s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The only experience we've had was passing a woman in a Sport while she stared, slack jawed, at us in disbelief. I have to assume it was because of the Sport confusion.

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Rusty Sheckelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Hard to feel bad for someone that bought a sport thinking it was a "real" bronco. It's like, did you buy it sight unseen? Personally I'm still not sold on the Bronco brand idea, but lucky for Ford most people seem to have gotten the memo.

Dude should definitely sell it while the market is hot and get the real deal!

Rusty Sheckelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Trying to figure out which is sadder: Someone driving around in a Bronco Sport thinking it was a full-size Bronco

...or...

A mob of elitist "real Bronco" enthusiasts making fun of them in the forums because they aren't out driving as they wait forever for their Bronco orders to be fulfilled.

The schadenfreude runs thick here.
You forgot option "C"

Real Bronco enthusiasts making fun of sport owners from their real, old Broncos, patiently waiting for that new new ;)
Sponsored