Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Second they should have come out with the real Bronco first and then the Sport / Colt after that. Totally missed the mark.
Pretty sure that was the plan. At one point. But then things hit the fan and plans go out the window.
Sponsored

ElJeffe

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jeff.henshaw.org
Vehicle(s)
BMW R1250RT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Trying to figure out which is sadder: Someone driving around in a Bronco Sport thinking it was a full-size Bronco

...or...

A mob of elitist "real Bronco" enthusiasts making fun of them in the forums because they aren't out driving as they wait forever for their Bronco orders to be fulfilled.

The schadenfreude runs thick here.

Last edited:

BroncocnorB

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Cobra,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Imagine being that ignorant? He's probably the type of guy who watches 10 minutes of corporate news a day and thinks he's well informed and believes everything they say.

I think Ford fucked up big time on this. First they shouldn't call it the Bronco Sport. Give it a completely different name. The Colt or something like that. Second they should have come out with the real Bronco first and then the Sport / Colt after that. Totally missed the mark.
I think gelding would be appropriate

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Pretty sure that was the plan. At one point. But then things hit the fan and plans go out the window.
I believe the Sport was created under one of two circumstances:

1. The Sport was supposed to be the return of the Bronco until some higher up with some sense stepped-in and said "not on my watch." However, the design was far enough along and well received in-house that they kept moving forward with it. Thus it was the first "Bronco" out of the gate.

2. Ford new they had a Chevy mole and they slow leaked Sport designs in-house as the return of the Bronco. Chevy then designs the all new Blazer to be its direct competitor and is able to beat Ford to market. Ford eventually releases the Sport and quickly follow's up with the real Bronco as the ultimate punk job.

Sponsored

JimL

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2020 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

How did he know there was a new Bronco coming but didn't know the Sport wasn't it??

45611788-D5E9-4D29-9875-39680F916E17.gif

mrxg78

Badlands
First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was at the gas station today and a gentleman walks over and starts asking me about my 2dr Base Sasquatch. His first question was “does the top come off of that?”. After a few more questions he points to his Bronco Sport and says “I bought that 8 months ago and thought I got the new Bronco, i didn’t even know this was coming out.” I could see the disappointment in his face.
My daughter’s KG teacher bought a sport around 5 month ago thinking she got the big one. Definitely not picking up my daughter with my Bronco when/if I get her 😅

Markpf189

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My BiL went to test drive a bronco..stated he was looking at the full size, not sport etc..he gets there and it’s a bronco spot.

If actual staff at dealerships are getting confused, it doesn’t surprise me someone else might.

tyrobronco

Badlands
First Name
CC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco,2017 Ford Fusion Energi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Second they should have come out with the real Bronco first and then the Sport / Colt after that. Totally missed the mark.
I am of the opinion the Bronco Sport was going to be the Bronco. That is why it was further down the completion stage than the real Bronco.

Someone, thankfully, said 'are we really going to Blazer-this up?' And thankfully Plan B was created - with all the rushing, missed deadlines, and garbage roofs.

A ton of people thought the Sport was the Bronco as a majority of people who knew I was getting one said the following:

A) Where is yours, I see them all the time.

B) Really? Those are freaking ugly. No offense.

:rolleyes:

Cartman3132

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If this guy lived in MA I would understand. Ford dropped the ball in this area with marketing the sport or the full size, didn't see a single thing promoting it.

Sponsored

lasttj

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep TJ, '16 Ford F150, '65 VW Beetle
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
He should look at the bright side....he actually has his vehicle, it doesn't have a leaky MIC top or wavy windows, the engine probably won't blow up, it probably has cupholders in the rear, he probably didn't pay any ADM, the tires don't throw rocks at the side of the car, the inside of the tailgate is probably painted, he can't drop the doors when removing them, he gets great gas mileage, and nobody waves at him or asks him a bunch of questions when he's parked somewhere. Did I miss anything? ;)

Jonny way

Everglades
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

There’s a lot to be said for smaller vehicles with skinny snow tires. STG, my dads old Ford courier would go through 2 feet of snow with ease- just filled the bed with a lot of weight and that thing dug down and went like it was a half track.
I think Ford made a mistake naming that car the Bronco Sport.

tyrobronco

Badlands
First Name
CC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco,2017 Ford Fusion Energi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Trying to figure out which is sadder: Someone driving around in a Bronco Sport thinking it was a full-size Bronco

...or...

A mob of elitist "real Bronco" enthusiasts making fun of them in the forums because they aren't out driving as they wait forever for their Bronco orders to be fulfilled.

The schadenfreude runs thick here.
Meh.

This is an enthusiast website. I would expect no less.

Also, this thread isn't making fun of people who got a Sport. It is making fun of those who heard all the buzz about 'a Branko and hurriedly bought the first one they saw thinking they were getting theirs 'first.

If they all wanted a Sport and are happy, good for them. But if they are bummed they rushed out and fell for the traditional 'knock-off' you see in stores all the time trying to capitalize on popularity, I stand by my:

https://images.app.goo.gl/NfhG5ShCidA9Wnhg6

Petey

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think if they just called it the Bronco II that would have cleared everything up.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think Ford made a mistake naming that car the Bronco Sport.
Maybe, but as we've seen from the Bronco branding they are thinking about a line of Bronco vehicles with these two being the first. So expect more Bronco variants not fewer.
Sponsored