Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco HOSS 3.0 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I bought a Sport Badlands after putting in a reservation for my Black Diamond because I didn't know how long I'd be waiting and needed a new vehicle. The used market was crazy, so I decided to buy new.

When a Badlands version of the Sport showed up on a lot for MSRP, I grabbed it. It's pretty light, and with the 2.0 and 250 Horsepower, it moves! I imagine, the 3 banger doesn't quite feel right.

That being said, I'll be picking up the real bronco in February (fingers crossed) and can't trade this thing in fast enough. It won't be missed.
Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Imagine being that ignorant? He's probably the type of guy who watches 10 minutes of corporate news a day and thinks he's well informed and believes everything they say.

I think Ford fucked up big time on this. First they shouldn't call it the Bronco Sport. Give it a completely different name. The Colt or something like that. Second they should have come out with the real Bronco first and then the Sport / Colt after that. Totally missed the mark.

Their stock went up 11% yesterday, it has climbed a crap ton over the last year...

Are you sure they F'd up? Have a bunch of people run out and buy a sport because they thought it was a Bronco is a damn good way to make a lot of money.

However decided to sell a bunch of sports by tricking the masses and the thinking it was the full-size Bronco got a big fat bonus check.

Last edited:

RedDawg

Big Bend
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Ford is using the Bronco brand to compete with the Jeep brand.
Badlands to Rubicon, Sport to Cherokee , etc. Lot’s of people have Jeeps that aren’t Wranglers.
Expect more “Broncos” that don’t look like what we're waiting for.
520 days, but who’s counting…..

Lxatoledo

Wildtrak
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
75 EB Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I was at the gas station today and a gentleman walks over and starts asking me about my 2dr Base Sasquatch. His first question was “does the top come off of that?”. After a few more questions he points to his Bronco Sport and says “I bought that 8 months ago and thought I got the new Bronco, i didn’t even know this was coming out.” I could see the disappointment in his face.
I had a guy in a 4 door walk up to me and my 2DR saying the same thing.....felt bad for him.

Brianstrange

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 EB , 67 Stang, 77 GMC Motorhome, A6 3.0T, W211
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was at the gas station today and a gentleman walks over and starts asking me about my 2dr Base Sasquatch. His first question was “does the top come off of that?”. After a few more questions he points to his Bronco Sport and says “I bought that 8 months ago and thought I got the new Bronco, i didn’t even know this was coming out.” I could see the disappointment in his face.
If he bought the Sport without knowing about the full size, he probably bought the right one....

Sponsored

jwoobs

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Don't forget about door number 3: How can we make more money? Let's move escape production to mexico. Actually let's slap some chunky fenders on it, call it a Bronco and charge $5k extra for it. Then we'll lock heated seats behind a trim level AND an upgrade package.

I believe the Sport was created under one of two circumstances:

1. The Sport was supposed to be the return of the Bronco ...
2. Ford new they had a Chevy mole and they slow leaked Sport designs in-house...
It’s the Sport that was the afterthought. But since it was a remake of an existing chassis the development timeline was way shorter.
This was in 2018 and the Baby (Sport) looks pretty close to final product? Probably real chassis and panels and not a prototype?

bloominguez

Black Diamond
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Br BD, '22 5BW, '95 Integra, '94 VFR, '04 SV
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Bronco Sport has been in development since 2001. :)
Ford Bronco Bronco Sport Owner says…”I thought I bought the new Bronco” 1641406906597

And then there's this (I'm sure I found this elsewhere on B6G, but can't remember where).
Ford Bronco Bronco Sport Owner says…”I thought I bought the new Bronco” 1641407284614

Long story short, when friends say they saw a Bronco but they actually saw a Bronco Sport I just show them the picture above, in the spirt of the times.

Hambone08

Big Bend
First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Funny thing happened to me the other day. I pulled up next to a "bronco sport". A guys was driving with a female passenger. She looked at my Bronco with excitement and pointed to him. He would NOT LOOK at my Bronco. She kept hitting him to look but he didn't. LOL, LOL kept his head straight and drove off !!!
I wonder why he did that ? Did he feel some how de-maculated ? It was weird ...
Hope I didn't cause an issue there.......

Hambone08

Big Bend
First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Bronco Sport has been in development since 2001. :)
Ford Bronco Bronco Sport Owner says…”I thought I bought the new Bronco” 1641407284614

And then there's this (I'm sure I found this elsewhere on B6G, but can't remember where).

Long story short, when friends say they saw a Bronco but they actually saw a Bronco Sport I just show them the picture above, in the spirt of the times.
You my friend are a "SAVAGE" LOL LOL LOL

Sponsored

bcgray

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Subaru Outback Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Funny thing happened to me the other day. I pulled up next to a "bronco sport". A guys was driving with a female passenger. She looked at my Bronco with excitement and pointed to him. He would NOT LOOK at my Bronco. She kept hitting him to look but he didn't. LOL, LOL kept his head straight and drove off !!!
I wonder why he did that ? Did he feel some how de-maculated ? It was weird ...
Hope I didn't cause an issue there.......
I actually don't look into other people's cars while at lights; well not much really. Feels weird and invasive. But I definitely are eyeballing the folks that I have to pass for whatever reason to see if they're on their phone so I can say to myself,"I knew it".

Shacky4

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I have spent sooooooo much time explaining to people the difference between the Bronco Sport and the Bronco. Honestly, I blame Ford. They made this confusing for the average consumer.

theslide

Big Bend
First Name
Slide
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I can remember around January (just before orders started getting taken after the reservations period) calling around different dealerships to ask about their allocations/timeframe etc and a couple of them said "we've got Bronco's right now! Wanna come down and test drive it!?". Now i knew they were either being misleading or just straight misinformed but i thought at the time 'i wonder how many folks who don't know any better are going to fall for that, thinking it's an the real full-size Bronco'? ...Not sure how you could mistake the 2 models but evidently that turned out to be a thing..

Hambone08

Big Bend
First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I can remember around January (just before orders started getting taken after the reservations period) calling around different dealerships to ask about their allocations/timeframe etc and a couple of them said "we've got Bronco's right now! Wanna come down and test drive it!?". Now i knew they were either being misleading or just straight misinformed but i thought at the time 'i wonder how many folks who don't know any better are going to fall for that, thinking it's an the real full-size Bronco'? ...Not sure how you could mistake the 2 models but evidently that turned out to be a thing..
I was told the same thing by a dealer in my area. I went down and saw it was a "sport" . I asked where is the full size Bronco and was told " the wait is for ever on those, you can get this now" the next day I placed my Full size Big Bend order and got it 13 months later. Good things come to those who wait ....
Sponsored