Outbound Exploration

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Chevy Sonic Hatchback RS, Looking to upgrade to Bronco*
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We've had no problems with ours and been offroading since ownership. Just put on yokohama geolanders and will be hitting the trails this weekend with em!

I cannot wait to be a first adopter of the fullsize too, she has all the fun right now!
Sponsored

Skeeterjack

Outer Banks
First Name
RON
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018MUSTANG GT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

They should have never called this sport a Bronco.If it keeps falling apart we will be worrisome of the real Bronco. Should have called it the Mexican Tequila Sport.

Fly by Nite

Base
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 F-150 Nite, 2001 Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The supplier is from Canada, bad or no receiving inspection on Ford's part. Likewise, the supplier, shipped with poor or no final inspection.
In your first link, it states the incorrect arms were already assembled in the 'Front Suspension Module' .

Quote from the Freep site:
>>"On December 11, 2020, a squeak and rattle audit at Ford Hermosillo Assembly Plant identified a noise in the front LH (left hand) lower control arm. The team reviewed the part and determined that it was an incorrect part and not the one required for the Bronco Sport. Further investigation determined that the supplier (Martinrea) incorrectly built 25 LH (left hand) and 25 RH (right hand) parts into a maximum of 50 front suspension modules for Bronco Sport."
<<<
In this case it may have very difficult for Ford to discover the problem in an incoming inspection, especially if the difference isn't obvious. I'll guess Ford doesn't do 100% incoming inspection, just a sample. I'd put the blame on the supplier. The modules weren't built to spec.

The 'rollover risk' is likely just hype to get attention. Even a leaky tire valve stem could be called a 'rollover risk'.

Sponsored

Fly by Nite

Base
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 F-150 Nite, 2001 Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Was it Consumer Reports and the Bronco II that started the SUV rollover hype?

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think it was over $1 billion in claims Ford has paid for rollover accidents.