Sponsored

Bronco Sport things that make you go Hmmmm.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Was waiting for Sunday to roll around so I could get a good look at the freshly delivered bronco sports. One huge difference between the outer banks vs the badlands is the BL is a tank. Grabbing the roof rail you could feel the weight difference and the ruggedness of the badlands. It’s a beefy thick little vehicle.
If I'm honest with myself, a Sport Badlands does everything I need a vehicle to do. The Bronco clicks on a visceral level, and that's going to cost me a lot of money. ? I can't even logically justify it by the Bronco being bigger (2-door). :)
Sponsored

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We have a MKC and it is nothing like an Escape. One of the nicest rides/comfort of ANY vehicle I have been in, ever!

I would guess that the Bronco Sport is equally (but differently) nothing like an escape.
Yeah, it's probably a "tarted up Escape" the same way the Bronco is a Ranger without the bed. :) Platform sharing does not make a vehicle essentially the same as you know.

Side note, I always wondered how the MKC differs from the Escape beyond interior upgrades and the available 2.3. Does your have the 2.3? I wonder if the differences wouldn't be as significant 2.0 to 2.0. I would guess there must be some suspension tuning differences as well. Did you test drive the Escape at the same time as the MKC? The Escape seems to be tuned toward sport-comfort. As in, tuned for some handling response at the expense of some overall comfort but not at all a harsh ride by any means.

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Darforce

Black Diamond
First Name
Darlene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru crosstrek/ Mazda miata
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The sport has in my mind always occupied a similar space as Subarus. I think of the sport more a competitor to Subaru than anything else. The big Bronco is Fords answer to jeeps
I guess they’re comparable except the Bronco sport is 10k more with less features and a smaller engine.

Sponsored

TheRealCobraBurnout

Black Diamond
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2003 Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm still holding to my Bronco Black Diamond reservation but these Sports are nice.

OP
OP
FATHORSE

FATHORSE

Big Bend
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nissan
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Why? Longer arms should give better camber control over a longer range of travel.
I’m sure it is engineered to it’s
Why? Longer arms should give better camber control over a longer range of travel.
It is just a quirk of mine, I don't like Gear Shifters that are on the dash, or even semi dash. Reminds me of a MINI Van. I don't like the control arms that stand out from the rear. There is one year of the CR-V that is really bad. It would def be a MOD if i owned that car, Paint them black and less obvious from the rear. Its like looking at Underwear as it is. lol

BroncoT

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ve been checking out Sports the last two days trying to get a look at the colors. Some observations:

1. Area 51 didn’t do it for me. Indoors it looked a bit dull, but I thought it look better under natural light. Not really. Not awful, but off my list.

2. The vehicle is so tiny. Dealer stock loaded up on Big Bend models so clearly they expect volume there.

3. Sport Big Bend has body color tops while the First Edition is glossy black. There is no connection from the roof to the body so maybe that is influencing me, but body color just looks odd. The glossy black tops look much, much better.

4. I haven’t seen any Cactus Gray dealer stock in my searching. Lots of A51. That means a few things. First, dealers aren’t high on cactus gray as I’ve seen almost every other color in stock. Also, if you hear of a cactus gray sport on a lot, go right away since it’s likely to be a reservation unit and just waiting on pickup. That happened to me, another poster said Capital Ford - Raleigh had one and it was gone the next day.

Y2Dre

First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
4. I haven’t seen any Cactus Gray dealer stock in my searching.
Funny you should mention that. I just test drove a Cactus Gray Big Bend today. I have to admit...it looks WAY better in person than it does online. I snapped these pics in my driveway.

I gotta admit, the delay in ordering the Bronco has me really thinking about what I "need" more than what I "want". The truth is that I can get a fully loaded Sport Badlands for about $15K less than my Bronco Badlands build. The Sport doesn't have the wow factor, but my impression of it was more than I thought it would be. The sport GOAT mode was surprisingly zippy...especially for a 1.5L 3-cylinder engine. The SUV is small, but roomy. I know that sounds weird, but it's true.

The more I think about it, the less I want to drop down to a Big Bend or Black Diamond and lose out on the Lux package features when I can have everything I need in the Sport Badlands...just minus the cool factor (which would bug the shit out of me once I see a Bronco in the street, but I would eventually get over it).

I don't know yet if I'm gonna cancel my Bronco reservation just yet. But, if I do, I think I'll be at peace with that decision. And yes...I already know that means all of you will be able to get bumped up one place in line...?. You're welcome. ?
Ford Bronco Bronco Sport things that make you go Hmmmm. 20201229_162053

Ford Bronco Bronco Sport things that make you go Hmmmm. 20201229_162105

Ford Bronco Bronco Sport things that make you go Hmmmm. 20201229_162119

Ford Bronco Bronco Sport things that make you go Hmmmm. 20201229_162131

Ford Bronco Bronco Sport things that make you go Hmmmm. 20201229_162141

Ford Bronco Bronco Sport things that make you go Hmmmm. 20201229_162153

Ford Bronco Bronco Sport things that make you go Hmmmm. 20201229_162341

Sponsored

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 Pajero 2.5TD, '99 Land Cruiser '15 Golf TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I’m sure it is engineered to it’s

It is just a quirk of mine, I don't like Gear Shifters that are on the dash, or even semi dash. Reminds me of a MINI Van. I don't like the control arms that stand out from the rear. There is one year of the CR-V that is really bad. It would def be a MOD if i owned that car, Paint them black and less obvious from the rear. Its like looking at Underwear as it is. lol
So you don't like the color, got it ...

BroncoT

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The dealer sales guy said the same thing. He was surprised by the color and saw as much blue as green. Then he threw out, “but I’m also a bit color blind” so not sure what to do with that.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Funny you should mention that. I just test drove a Cactus Gray Big Bend today. I have to admit...it looks WAY better in person than it does online. I snapped these pics in my driveway.

I gotta admit, the delay in ordering the Bronco has me really thinking about what I "need" more than what I "want". The truth is that I can get a fully loaded Sport Badlands for about $15K less than my Bronco Badlands build. The Sport doesn't have the wow factor, but my impression of it was more than I thought it would be. The sport GOAT mode was surprisingly zippy...especially for a 1.5L 3-cylinder engine. The SUV is small, but roomy. I know that sounds weird, but it's true.

The more I think about it, the less I want to drop down to a Big Bend or Black Diamond and lose out on the Lux package features when I can have everything I need in the Sport Badlands...just minus the cool factor (which would bug the shit out of me once I see a Bronco in the street, but I would eventually get over it).

I don't know yet if I'm gonna cancel my Bronco reservation just yet. But, if I do, I think I'll be at peace with that decision. And yes...I already know that means all of you will be able to get bumped up one place in line...?. You're welcome. ?

This. Right where I am. The BL with BL /tow is 10k less than! BD build. But I can't drop the top. It's the open hatch and windows enough?

OP
OP
FATHORSE

FATHORSE

Big Bend
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nissan
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

So you don't like the color, got it ...
It’s not that specifically, it just stands out. Most cars you don’t notice it.
Ford Bronco Bronco Sport things that make you go Hmmmm. F98E9D7E-5C88-47D2-BB36-F23DE13B3121

there only a select hand full of cars that don’t get it quite right. I may be hen picking. But like I said it’s just one of my specific things on my list that causes me not to want a vehicle.

AcenTitus

Badlands
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco Bronco Sport things that make you go Hmmmm. F98E9D7E-5C88-47D2-BB36-F23DE13B3121

I definitely had a moment when I saw a Carb Gray Bronco Sport in person. I never bought a toy version of it though or joined that forum which tells me my subconscious is speaking loudly to what I’ll be happiest with. If for some reason I see my Bronco order in person and can’t justify the purchase, I’d likely drive home in a Sport from the lot for a fair amount less and be excited about it. Just not as excited as I expect to be actually driving home in my big Bronco.
Sponsored