First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Just bought a new 2022 Bronco Sport Outer Banks at Leif Johnson Ford in Austin, TX and on the second day, I heard some rattling that seemed to come from the front passenger side. It sounded plastic.

Made and appointment a few days later and the service dept said they couldn’t look at it as the winter storm caused problems with the scheduling so they told me to come back the next week, which was outside my return policy window (7 days). I agreed as it seemed like an interior trim issue or something and not that serious. Also, the service dept kindly let me know that it’s probably something I did, even though I did normal commute driving. Nothing crazy

2 days later, I hear a snap while driving at 30 mph. I check the car and nothing seems out of place and now the rattling is gone. So I keep my appt and figure whatever that plastic trim thing was is now broken.

3 days later, I get in to leave for work and hear this horrible screeching as I back out. I get out and see my rear passenger side tire is bent out as if the axle is broken or something.

I call the dealership about 5 times trying to get someone from the sales side to talk to me as I no longer want this vehicle. I also try to get info about towing it to the dealership and all they tell me is they may or may not pay for it because it sounds like it could be my fault.

I finally get it towed and go talk to the sales manager who tells me they won’t let me return it and that they will fix it. Mind you, I’m 3 days past the return policy now for a whopping 9 days owned.

they give me a loaner car and say they’ll reimburse the towing fee.

Is there anything I can do to force them to refund me or give me a new bronco? I paid $51,000 for a vehicle that already has major problems. How am I suppose to be feel safe or that I got my moneys worth if I’m already using the warranty?

95F302A9-0C82-4C03-8A25-CB12DAEFFE83.jpeg

0E79C62E-190E-44A6-8C2D-47A468D4213E.jpeg
Sponsored

OP
OP

Qbk24

Outer Banks
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
for additional info, they added a 4in lift. I did not hear the rattling at all the first day so I’m guessing it just slowly loosened up with more miles

ChrisB351

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2dr Bronco, 2005 ZX6r, 1993 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thats not good. I dont think there are any laws that say they have to buy it back. They should definitely fix it and make it right tho. If its related to the lift install then the fault has 0 to do with Ford and the vehicle and is all on whoever did the work. Id find a new shop to check it over after its fixed.

Did you say 51k? For a sport?

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Did you say a 4" lift? For a Sport? 🤨

Sponsored
OP
OP

Qbk24

Outer Banks
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yeah after financing and fees, it comes out to that. This was one they put on the extra accessories beforehand and sold it that way. It was only a few more thousand for the upgrades so went for it

OP
OP

Qbk24

Outer Banks
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thanks didn’t realize there was a specific forum for the sport. I plan on having them do a full inspection and get everything in writing that went wrong.

As I walked out of the dealership yesterday, they said something wasn’t tightened correctly in the suspension so it’s making me thing it’s part of the custom stuff.

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Sponsored

SS Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Shayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco , F600, F5, LJ20
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sorry to hear about the damage. Looks to be a broken rear upper control arm. 100% due to the lift. Nothing to do with Ford.

GreyZ

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo 350z, Bronco Badlands, Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I really do not think you got a 4" lift. It seems like the dealer was not clear with the modifications done, or you were not paying attention to what modifications were made.

With that said, it looks like a upper control arm was likely not tightened to the necessary torque. Thankfully this did not cause significant damage and everything looks okay. Get the dealership to do a full torque spec on their work and call it a day. Its under warranty and they should get it all fixed.

From my experience, you should have a service advisor assigned to you from the dealership. That should be your point of contact for getting this corrected.

Having buyers remorse sucks, but it doesn't sound like you need to return the vehicle. Just get them to correct it and everything should be okay.

rtazz17

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
if you actually do have a 4 inch lift on that Im certain your axles are on borrowed time. They must be at a hugely aggressive angle.
Sponsored