Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Challenge accepted?

;)

I wonder what it would look like off center...

1608132656309.png
I’m just going to put it through the holes the brush guard mounts through. MA plates are malleable enough to make that work. I just don’t want those holes punched through F’s intended holes
Sponsored

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Easy Fix (not to scale):
1 License Plate
2 Zip Ties
1 Cordless Drill with bit
15 Minutes
1607985215899.png

Or this, if you have OCD, or your state requires a center-mounted plate:
1607985275136.png
My plan is to use the three center Bronco bolts below the radar cutout. I have some black steel pallet shipping ribbon that I'll mount to the three center bolts then make some black nylon screw standoffs to mount the plate to the steel ribbon. It'll look clean and neat. A few runs through the brush and the plate will bend back towards the bash plate...

IMG_20190912_080525686_HDR.jpg

Last edited:

Broncoak

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 FSB
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My plan is to use the three center Bronco bolts below the radar cutout. I have some black steel pallet shipping ribbon that I'll mount to the three center bolts then make some black nylon screw standoffs to mount the plate to the steel ribbon. It'll look clean and neat. A few runs through the brush and the plate will bend back towards the bash plate...
Sounds good and not as lazy as my solution ?

carrellslake

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Do you think the front recovery points are removable? The best spot in my opinion would be in front of one of them, using the two Bronco bolts above each one on the bumper. The problem is that the recovery point sticks out further than the bumper. I won't be using a winch or brush guard so they won't interfere with this plan. Odds are the aftermarket will come up with a good bracket mounted on the bumper somewhere but I'm hoping for a Day 1 solution.

Sponsored

kje22kje

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 4Runner TRD Off Rd
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It was pointed out in another thread that the front hoop is probably shaped and located where it is (over the BRONCO on the grill) to provide room for the front plate.

Honestly, it might look okay paired together.
The old "two wrongs DO make a right" theory? I'm not sure. Aftermarket, you're our only hope.
Ford Bronco Bronco spotted with possible front license plate placement (pics) Plate

cmb

Wildtrak
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubi, 2020 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The old "two wrongs DO make a right" theory? I'm not sure. Aftermarket, you're our only hope.
Ford Bronco Bronco spotted with possible front license plate placement (pics) Plate
Now add the winch option to that.

tshaw2009

Base
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 Lariat, 2018 Ford Edge Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

In all reality, this would be my preferred tie in location on the mod bumper

Well if those two Torx screws are the correct distance apart, that will be where my plate goes and that dumb bracket on the center of the grille will come off immediately. I'm bringing my drill for delivery.

Sponsored

mC.242

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend 4dr (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Yuck. I see some creative modifications to make it less horrible in my future.

Lilj4425

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Uh oh. License plate frame seen again on Bronco going the other direction at one minute mark in video here:

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Well if those two Torx screws are the correct distance apart, that will be where my plate goes and that dumb bracket on the center of the grille will come off immediately. I'm bringing my drill for delivery.
Based on an earlier pic on this thread, the distance between the 3 bolts is around 5.5". The bolt holes for a license plate are 7" apart. If you want to drill holes in the license plate you could mount it directly to bumper using those bolts. Making an offset bracket using those bolts would be easy enough. I'm sure the aftermarket will sell something for $20 that could be fabbed in 20 minutes for $3 of materials (stainless steel bolts mostly).
Sponsored

Last edited: