Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
370z
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Front Plate Delete will be the first mod I make when I take delivery.
Sponsored

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Front Plate Delete will be the first mod I make when take delivery.
Problem is that the bumper will already have been drilled. Trying to figure out how to prevent that.

_finack

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Lincoln MKZ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is this how Fords come? I asked my Toyota dealer not to mount my plate or drill a mount for it.
My guess is dealers in states that require front license plates order with the front plate bracket and the opposite is true in states that don't require it.

I'm in FL (doesn't require a front plate) and ordering from a dealer in OH (requires a front plate), so it will be interesting to see if they'll be able to accommodate my request to not have a front plate bracket.

I should probably check sooner than later...

Sponsored

cmb

Wildtrak
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubi, 2020 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Problem is that the bumper will already have been drilled. Trying to figure out how to prevent that.
On my Jeep they were to be dealer installed, just told them ahead of time not to install. Hopefully the Bronco will be the same.

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

On my Jeep they were to be dealer installed, just told them ahead of time not to install. Hopefully the Bronco will be the same.
Hopefully we can do the same. Dealers i have worked with were required to drill them due to the state law (according to them).

cmb

Wildtrak
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubi, 2020 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Hopefully we can do the same. Dealers i have worked with were required to drill them due to the state law (according to them).
I just told them I had an after market assembly I was going to install when I got home.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I bet they only said that because it was easier to lie ahead of time, than to explain to the customer why the guy doing the pre-delivery didn't follow directions and drilled two holes in their brand new car.

Sponsored

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

While I'm not wild about this placement, there really aren't that many options if you want to avoid interfering with sensors, cameras, winch, approach angle, etc.

My biggest issue is that it appears this is drilled into the body just beneath the grille. I'd rather have it mounted to the bumper itself. Also toying with the idea of mounting it low on the bumper using something that could be easily flipped up or removed when approach angle is necessary. (There's a chance I might not mount a front plate at all, but that's an issue in CA.)

Any recommendations for aftermarket mounts that might help with this?

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is how they used to do it. Not much more elegant in '21, LOL.

My issue is that I work on a government installation and for some reason they think it's their civic duty to make sure everyone's tags and safety inspection are current so I'll have to figure something out as VA requires a front plate.
Ford Bronco Bronco spotted with possible front license plate placement (pics) unnamed

Last edited:

BlueOvalBandit

Badlands
First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This close-up of an OB, from another thread, clearly shows where the plastic is dimpled for drilling......

Ford Bronco Bronco spotted with possible front license plate placement (pics) 20181111_121825
I didn't see it in the last couple pages but, is that a picture of the Bronco Sport grill? Because the grill proportions don't look right for the full size.

Thed

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GX460 '16 Miata '67 F-100 '21 Streetfighter V4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I didn't see it in the last couple pages but, is that a picture of the Bronco Sport grill? Because the grill proportions don't look right for the full size.
It's definitely off the real-deal Bronco. The Outer Banks.
Sponsored